TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Kyouma on November 07, 2013, 08:44:28 PM
wii fit trainer?! woa, over who?

Murrio. XD

And lol, DK's Forward Throw is giving me A LOT of problems. I can't remove all the subaction from PSA for all the stuff he can do with it without the damn game crashing. DX This game absolutely LOVES to crash, I've never seen anything like it. D: Anyone can point me in the right direction for completely overhauling Donkey Kong's FThrow? I'm going to keep testing, but I have a feeling I've got a huge uphill battle ahead of me. :P

Now off to try and test "Heavy" stuff, I have a feeling that will crash too. XP


Quote from: Leon Exodio on November 07, 2013, 09:11:58 PM
why wii fit trainer over mario?

For technical reasons. :P Most of the bones fit, and I only had to fix two glitches.

Anyone able to help be with K. Rool's Forward Throw?


November 08, 2013, 07:04:21 AM #545 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:05:34 AM by Calypso
Well it's good to hear that the SD card slot is working btw if it does break I've heard you can use a 2 GB flash drive to play brawl with hacks.

If you use Riivo, you can use any size storage you want. I use an 8 gig flash drive

Quote from: Mareeo 64 on November 08, 2013, 02:22:33 PM
If you use Riivo, you can use any size storage you want. I use an 8 gig flash drive

Hmmm, is that so? Thanks for the tip, guys! ;D

I'm going to resume work on K. Rool shortly. I hope sometime I can figure out how to fix that damned Forward Throw. D: As for the Crate carrying animations, they just T-pose him with no crashing. It's the absolute strangest thing. I can't figure it out to save my ass. I hope I won't have to edit his rel. XP

Awesome :P it'll be pretty cool to play as K. Rool. If you need rel edits, I'm pretty sure SonicBrawler may know sonethin about it, or at least someone else who can help you

Quote from: Calypso on October 29, 2013, 03:37:49 AMI don't think your stuff will become any of that, you put a lot of work into your Imports/PSA's, also even when a future hackable game one day comes that has better graphics it doesn't mean brawl hacks will fade away far from it, even the oldest games can still remain just as fun as they once were because anything these games may lack in graphics compared to the games of today they make up for in substance and brawl has substance in spades. No other game allows for custom movesets to the level that brawl has, for this reason brawl has become the precursor of what all hacked games should inspire to be like.
This is so true, just look at Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World, they're both over 15 years old, and still have hacks made for them constantly thanks to the improvements to the tools over the years, same with Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark and other old classics. They're extremely outdated in terms of graphics and file size, but as people constantly make hacks for them, the tools are constantly upgraded like Skelux and his branch of frauber's Mario64LevelImporter. You can now have 10,000+ faces in a custom SM64 level, original limit being 6,000-something, more music slots than before, scrolling textures which weren't available two years ago, and other edits to tools from other hackers making Super Mario 64 hacking better and better. I've only hacked SM64 for 3 years, Brawl about 2, and other the course of this time both have improved in hacking tools making it better and easier than before, and then it amazes me when I look at older videos and previews of the tools at earlier stages and see how far hacking has come. And Super Mario 64: The Missing Stars is still well known for being the first full SM64 hack ever which was made before we had all the tools that we have now. Infact frauber had to manually modify the coding to place the objects and other things that you can simply do with his level importer and Staraxxon/Vl-Tone's Toad's Tool 64 program, and then Skelux's hack Super Mario Star Road got featured in his local magazine with the headline "Super Mario 64 1.5" and it was just as complete as The Missing Stars but took it to the next level...oh yah and Skelux made Luigi a playable second player for Super Mario 64...something that Shigeru Miyamoto himself wanted in that game's development...see over fifteen years since the game's release, and a simple hacker made something that the creator of Mario wanted to be made to be real. Imagine if the community had died off and no one worked on SM64 hacks anymore, besides a huge decrease of youtube videos, there'd be an amazing hack we'd never have. The same kind of thing will most likely happen with Brawl, especially with Project M possibly making a workable clone engine, there's plenty of room for hacks involving expanding the character selection and popular movesets.
Anyways in short, Brawl hacks aren't going to die off, the community might shrink but there'll still be people who continue to work on these movesets, and as new games come out with (hopefully) new characters, hackers will strive to get them in Brawl, whether with importing the model straight from the game or custom edits to the models, or just recolor the textures, which will keep this community alive. Practically the only game that is better in hacking than Brawl is Super Mario World with it's LunarMagic where you can literally do anything, look at Brutal Mario, you've got Mega Man and Kirby bosses that behave exactly like their original selves, complete with their original sprites and sounds. You can give Mario new moves, make new maps and more. A lot of it isn't as simple as Brawl's but it's isn't as hard as manually modifying the main coding of the rom, there's coding but it's slightly easier.
I hope I sorta inspired you to not give up, or atleast to not worry about your hacks being meanless. They might become outdated, but if they do, they can still be the base of the inspiration of a better version that a future hacker makes.
If it helps any, I still look forward to your hacks, especially K Rool over Donkey Kong because I like the idea of using moves from the Country series. :af:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Thank you so much for this, SMF1. :3 You really cheered me up.

Anyway, have some epic crocodiles. <3

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can't wait to see what you think. ;D

alot of Rig problems on the model like on the first pic with the legs
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on November 11, 2013, 12:29:24 AM
alot of Rig problems on the model like on the first pic with the legs

It was rigged by someone who had a lot of trouble with it, it was originally over D3. I use it because it's the only K. Rool with a rigged crown. D:

I would suggest you to use the DK imported one (I think there is one), ad an extra bone to its head, export .dae, import into 3ds max, detatch the crown, rig it over the extra bone, export it again and done; but Im just talking not suggesting

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 11, 2013, 12:34:55 AM
It was rigged by someone who had a lot of trouble with it, it was originally over D3. I use it because it's the only K. Rool with a rigged crown. D:
no matter who rigged it
you or someone else should fix it since this rig is really bad
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later