TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 24, 2014, 10:56:45 PM
The model itself is bad? I was afraid of that...

I have no idea about the model, but if someone could make/get it I could probably rig it up.

Thankfully, he won't have fingers to deal with.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zed on June 24, 2014, 11:06:20 PM
I have no idea about the model, but if someone could make/get it I could probably rig it up.

Thankfully, he won't have fingers to deal with.

I'm using this one:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203728


Quote from: hinata2000100 on June 24, 2014, 11:11:47 PM
The model doesn't look all that bad to me.

It LOOKS good. But the knees and legs are rigged pretty badly. I like the way the shoulders and arms are done, though.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 24, 2014, 11:16:39 PM
It LOOKS good. But the knees and legs are rigged pretty badly. I like the way the shoulders and arms are done, though.
Oh, so that's why you want him re-rigged. I get it.
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: hinata2000100 on June 24, 2014, 11:19:28 PM
Oh, so that's why you want him re-rigged. I get it.

I'll show ya, Hinata. Here's the mutation you get when rotating legs and knees:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oooo, that's some seriously bad model clipping.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 24, 2014, 11:23:06 PM
I'll show ya, Hinata. Here's the mutation you get when rotating legs and knees:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh, jeez. I can see why re-rigging would be necessary, holy crap. His leg just completely detaches!
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 24, 2014, 11:23:06 PM
I'll show ya, Hinata. Here's the mutation you get when rotating legs and knees:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And that's the reason why I got into importing in the first place. I was annoyed by the old SM64 Mario import having a poor rig, the arms and gloves were one size under the bones. :notimp: I can understand not editing the model to avoid the proportions being weird, but sometimes you just have to do it or mess with the model a bit to make it look good while still fitting the bones. Also the model is low poly, so having a more detailed model (not counting the texture) would also help the rig. Though since getting a bette rmodel doesn't seem to be a option currently, re-rigging is the best thing to do.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on June 24, 2014, 11:24:01 PM
Oooo, that's some seriously bad model clipping.

Yep. XD

Quote from: hinata2000100 on June 24, 2014, 11:26:15 PM
Oh, jeez. I can see why re-rigging would be necessary, holy crap. His leg just completely detaches!

It's especially the legs that need rerigging. The upper body is fine, from what I've tested.\

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on June 24, 2014, 11:27:11 PM
And that's the reason why I got into importing in the first place. I was annoyed by the old SM64 Mario import having a poor rig, the arms and gloves were one size under the bones. :notimp: I can understand not editing the model to avoid the proportions being weird, but sometimes you just have to do it or mess with the model a bit to make it look good while still fitting the bones. Also the model is low poly, so having a more detailed model (not counting the texture) would also help the rig. Though since getting a bette rmodel doesn't seem to be a option currently, re-rigging is the best thing to do.

Yep. There is perhaps a way to add vertices, no?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 24, 2014, 11:30:03 PM
It's especially the legs that need rerigging. The upper body is fine, from what I've tested.\
So it shouldn't be too hard of a job for someone to do, right?
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: hinata2000100 on June 24, 2014, 11:32:20 PM
So it shouldn't be too hard of a job for someone to do, right?

Well, I can't confirm that, because I don't do imports. But for someone used to it, I guess so.

It's not terribly difficult to rig someone like Little Mac (lack of fingers and intricate details help out a lot)

But it's difficult to make it look good when they're low poly.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zed on June 25, 2014, 12:16:16 AM
It's not terribly difficult to rig someone like Little Mac (lack of fingers and intricate details help out a lot)

But it's difficult to make it look good when they're low poly.

Isn't there a way to increase the vert count?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 25, 2014, 12:17:33 AM
Isn't there a way to increase the vert count?

I don't think that doing something like that would increase it's quality.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.