Brawl Vault Community Support

Started by SJS, December 20, 2011, 02:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Fawfulcopter on January 26, 2012, 03:12:20 AM
Can I specifically request this restored?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21483
I'm sure some of you had it.

Sorry, but this isn't a request thread. We can't really control who has what. We just have to wait and see what's posted.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.




January 26, 2012, 04:53:42 PM #348 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:08:43 AM by Brawlerten
I just looked at the resources page, and DasDonkey Vertex Box 2.0 is the only one that was linked to Megaupload. Might want to look into that.

Thank you Neurotoxin...  
Now that I think of it somone should update The Terminator hack with a better model. He's still got the headband tail...

Same with The Joker.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Here's a download link for the Ground Mission Fox texture. 2 CSPs included.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0rt1bbwd9t8cjkt

Quote from: TheDevicer on January 27, 2012, 01:31:26 AM
Here's a download link for the Ground Mission Fox texture. 2 CSPs included.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0rt1bbwd9t8cjkt


Could you provide a link to the broken hack in question?  That'd make everyone's job easier.



It's been a while, so I'm fixing the rest of what I have.

Captain Viewtiful
Jet the Hawk
Darkspine
Super Sonic

Again, all really old things.

January 28, 2012, 04:21:41 AM #355 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:06:49 AM by mariofan1138
Here are some re-uploads:

"Accept Bloody Fate" (audio)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=3853&Vault=audio
http://www.mediafire.com/?zh2h21rlq53r91s

"Mob Town" (stage)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5848
http://www.mediafire.com/?rxdb4alpibxmsra

"Death 13" (ganon)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7416
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ua25u79j1papop

"Arty Wario"
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7348
http://www.mediafire.com/?w8i4ibdyhbc9ywt

"Azure Marth V2"
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18778
http://www.mediafire.com/?7j6apjs9b2kr2y1

"Tuxedo Mario"
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=826
http://www.mediafire.com/?ow9eeiw1qr89txb

"Tuxedo Luigi"
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=758
http://www.mediafire.com/?thcbs1bwme7uhvm

---------
Important suggestion:
Although it probably would be hard to implement soon, for the future, it would be nice to be able to neatly categorize the reason for reported material, with an optional comment. This way, an advanced search could be performed to single out hacks that need a new preview, or a whole new upload (and sort out from defective glitchy hacks).

Fixed entries should probably be striked through (like this), in case someone edits a post, or just for the ease of those fixing the entries.

Also: for the "Mob Town" hack I provided above, I did NOT have the audio file that was listed in the BV description. How should situations like this be handled?

Quote from: mariofan1138 on January 28, 2012, 04:21:41 AMImportant suggestion:
Although it probably would be hard to implement soon, for the future, it would be nice to be able to neatly categorize the reason for reported material, with an optional comment. This way, an advanced search could be performed to single out hacks that need a new preview, or a whole new upload (and sort out from defective glitchy hacks).

Fixed entries should probably be striked through (like this), in case someone edits a post, or just for the ease of those fixing the entries.

I tried to set things up in the OP so that it could pretty much maintain itself. I'm not really able to put more time into this. Linking to individual searches of the Vault with reported hacks is about as in depth as I'm going to get.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on January 28, 2012, 04:53:15 AM
I tried to set things up in the OP so that it could pretty much maintain itself. I'm not really able to put more time into this. Linking to individual searches of the Vault with reported hacks is about as in depth as I'm going to get.
True. I guess this is one of those rare occasions people ever sift through this quantity of reports.

Quote from: mariofan1138 on January 28, 2012, 04:21:41 AM
Here are some re-uploads:

All fixed.

Quote from: mariofan1138 on January 28, 2012, 04:21:41 AMAlso: for the "Mob Town" hack I provided above, I did NOT have the audio file that was listed in the BV description. How should situations like this be handled?

Well, seeing as the stage hack is the main entree (so to speak) I think it would be fine to include it without the BRSTM.  It's not like there was a second version of the stage or anything that you were missing.  In that case we'd probably have to wait until someone can make a file with all of the versions, but in this case it's probably fine to leave out a little audio file.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on January 28, 2012, 05:35:14 AM
All fixed.

Well, seeing as the stage hack is the main entree (so to speak) I think it would be fine to include it without the BRSTM.  It's not like there was a second version of the stage or anything that you were missing.  In that case we'd probably have to wait until someone can make a file with all of the versions, but in this case it's probably fine to leave out a little audio file.
I guess my point is, should there be a disclaimer in the description about the missing audio file? Although it may not be a huge deal in this case, I'm sure it could be upsetting if it were instead a CSP/CSS etc. Of course, that's assuming it would still be accepted as a reupload, without the CSP or whatever included.