Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom CSS Freezing Brawl  (Read 5203 times)
ultima149
Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:12:33 AM »

Alright I'm using Riivolution and placing a sc_selcharacter_en.pac file modified first in BrawlBox then in CSS Organizer 2.0 in the folder brawlmods>textures>menu2 and a common5_en.pac file in the folder brawlmods>textures>menu2>system. Whenever Brawl boots up and I go to the CSS screen the Wii freezes and a loud sound from my Wii starts happening. If I take the sc_selcharacter_en.pac file out of the folder then the custom CSS isn't loaded and it's just normal. All that I modified in BrawlBox was CSP's for DK and Pikachu and replaced them with photos from the True Shadow and Knuckles packs. If someone can tell me what exactly I'm doing wrong that would be a big help. Note: got the common5_en.pac file from the True Knuckles pack by Law-Law and have no codes running at the moment on my SD. Oh shi~

Edit: I've tried using a clean common5 file and manually replacing a couple of cps's with some knuckles and shadow pics and the game still freezes when trying to go to the CSS screen. So CSS Organizer isn't corrupting the files in any way. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Am I supposed to have some codes or something that fixes this? Or am I placing them in the wrong directory with Riivolution? I have modlauncher.xml v2.5.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:30:06 AM by ultima149 » Logged

Don't ridicule me because I have nothing clever to say. Simply look the other direction in an ashamed manner for the both of us.

SSJ Is Clueless!
Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »

the sc_selcharacetr_en goes in brawlmods>classic>menu2
    and the common5_en goes in brawlmods>classic>systems

and idk why the css organizer would corrupt your files never did that to me

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

ultima149
    Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »

So that's the directory for modlauncher.xml 2.5? Alright, thanks I'll try it out.

I also am having trouble with the smash_sound.brsar file. After putting the sfx packs for True Shadow and Knuckles into the code via HxD I am not able to boot up Brawl through Riivolution anymore. The Wii screen just goes black after pressing launch. Did I go over the file size limit or am I missing something? When I had just the Knuckles SFX pack in my .brsar file it worked just fine when it was in the directory brawlmods>music. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or perhaps the SFX pack for Shadow is corrupt?

Edit: Alright I tried the suggested directory and it didn't show up at all.  Undecided Brawl booted up fine but no custom CSS. I'm not using brawl + or - at the moment so I don't think I would need a directory labeled classic as I'm using the original brawl with just added textures and PSA characters. So I think the directory I was using before is apt for my situation, but I think there is some other monkey wrench in the works. Perhaps it's my SD card? I just formatted it yesterday though. I also just reinstalled Riivolution to see if that would help. It did not. Any help would be much appreciated.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:12:36 PM by ultima149 » Logged

Don't ridicule me because I have nothing clever to say. Simply look the other direction in an ashamed manner for the both of us.

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »

ok for the brsar i'll get a tutorial on that its not very hard but for the xml use this one up in a bit.

EDIT:use this xml

http://www.mediafire.com/?qkfuo1np3fxqs91
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:50:06 PM by -SGVenom- » Logged

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

ultima149
    Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 01:24:04 AM »

Yeah, I downloaded the new .xml file and this one gave me the option to enable a custom common5_en.pac for main menu screens but nothing for CSS. It's a step in the right direction because I didn't have that option before but I don't know why Riivolution isn't giving me the option to enable custom sc_selcharacter_en.pac files. It's all rather frustrating. It still freezes as soon as I select Brawl in the menus and gives me a loud whining noise. So I'm at a . As for the .brsar files I know how to modify them, I just think I went overboard in file size so I'm just going to do it from scratch. By the way, does anyone know the exact offsets for all of DK's soundbytes so I can replace them with Shadow's SFX pack? Thanks for the help though, SGVenom. I hope I can get this Custom CSS up and running soon enough but I definitely need some guidance as to why the sc_selcharacter_en.pac is freezing my system. Am I putting them in the wrong directory for this specific xml?

Edit: I'm using Midnite's guide to Riivolution to place the files. How do I differentiate a mod and a texture? Would a custom sc_selcharacter_en.pac be considered a texture or a mod? A custom common5_en.pac? I'm considering using the filepatch.xml just to clear things up a bit and get rid of modlauncher.xml.

Edit: Used ssbb.xml and it doesn't freeze up on me anymore. CSP's still don't show up on the CSS but portraits do show up on results screen and in game so I am making leaps and bounds in terms of progress. I'll keep updating my progress.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:41:42 AM by ultima149 » Logged

ultima149
    Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 04:18:54 AM »

Problem solved!  Happy Face Apparently one needs to name the common5.pac file common5_en.pac for Riivolution, even if you are using SSBB.xml, which requires you to omit that suffix from every other file. Go figure. It also only worked when I took out sc_selcharacter.pac.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:00:38 AM by ultima149 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: