WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Any Gears Of War Fans here?



Marcus Fenix over Snake
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


dat textures :srs:
they need improvement

Quote from: joke king on May 10, 2013, 10:10:50 AM
dat textures :srs:
they need improvement

They look fine, this is just too small of an image to see the detail. they are 2048 x 2048 at the moment, that's pretty good resolution.

I forgot to mention he will have spec map.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


i find them extremely bland, and saying it's 2048 only makes it worse, since it's a waste of space IMO, but well, spec maps will probably fix it

Quote from: ShadowSnake on May 10, 2013, 01:42:35 PM
They look fine, this is just too small of an image to see the detail. they are 2048 x 2048 at the moment, that's pretty good resolution.

I forgot to mention he will have spec map.
u can probably use mariokart64s spec map if they both are the same model

May 10, 2013, 04:27:55 PM #10070 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:29:02 PM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: Mr.MW on May 10, 2013, 03:59:34 PM
u can probably use mariokart64s spec map if they both are the same model

No that is an emboss map/shader. It has really glitchy lighting that makes the model appear very dark on stages, even mariokart64n didn't recommend using it. I'm going to use the spec map everyone uses these days. It will have a similar nice effect as  Nano's Master Chief, but i will add some scratch and ruggedness to the armor's spec texture.

Quote from: joke king on May 10, 2013, 02:09:58 PM
i find them extremely bland, and saying it's 2048 only makes it worse, since it's a waste of space IMO, but well, spec maps will probably fix it

Lol there is no way it will stay 2048, i hope i can keep it at 1024 though. Now that i look at it the textures have great detail but could use a quick dodge/burn to give it less of a flat feel. Keep in mind Gears Of War is a very grungy game that depends a lot on specs, normals and rendering.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on May 10, 2013, 04:27:55 PM
No that is an emboss map/shader. It has really glitchy lighting that makes the model appear very dark on stages, even mariokart64n didn't recommend using it. I'm going to use the spec map everyone uses these days. It will have a similar nice effect as  Nano's Master Chief, but i will add some scratch and ruggedness to the armor's spec texture.
I meant the black and white spec texture itself
not the materials and shaders


Quote from: Kyouma on May 11, 2013, 12:07:47 AM
這いよれ!ニャル子さん「ニャルラトホテプ」登場シーン

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I just PM'd you the multiple modifications I suggested. >_>
In case you were going to release it, Kyouma.

Yah dem textures cant be 2048, to be honest I've never seen a texture that big, biggest was 1024, and even that can be sketchy for Brawl. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

May 11, 2013, 02:07:54 AM #10075 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:09:23 AM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: Mr.MW on May 10, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
I meant the black and white spec texture itself
not the materials and shaders

Nah that Marcus has diffent UV mapping for some reason. The Uvs on my Marcus are in only 3 textures, MK's had like 5 or 6 textures.


Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on May 11, 2013, 02:06:02 AM
Yah dem textures cant be 2048, to be honest I've never seen a texture that big, biggest was 1024, and even that can be sketchy for Brawl. xD

I wasn't expecting to use that full size.  :P I hope i can use 1024 x 1024 but i would be fine with 512 x 512 if the spec map does it justice.

Marcus Fenix's rig is pretty much done, just need to clean up any slight oddities.



But filesize is a problem...

I could either make his texture 1024 x 1024 like in the above image or...

I could give him all 6 face expressions, i don't think he will be able to have both. He will get a spec map regardless though.

I think i want the expressions, what do you guys think?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Yea. Expressions are always nice. Just make the textures 512x512 or somethin'.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


His neck and head look fused together like some kind of potato.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on May 11, 2013, 02:07:54 AM

Before I rigged Bond over Snake, I'd make fun of the neck rig, but since I have rigged over Snake before, I know it's the animation itself and not the rig. Nowadays that's the main prob for us decent riggers, not rigging improperally, just getting weird animation rotations that look fine with the original character. :P
Maybe you could make the expressions and then try 768x768 textures, they should work because that's still a multiple of 4, one disadvantage about Dolphin is that it'll still load a texture correctly even if it's not a multiple of 4 or 8...learned that the hard way. lol
Anyways looks pretty great so far. Would the faces be custom made, or did he come with some?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

it isnt about being a multiple of 4, it needs to be a power of 2...
it really sucks cuz that makes some giant leaps from 1024 to 2048 and the next would be 4096...