WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Gamidame_K on August 20, 2014, 04:18:02 AM
I dont promess finishing this soon; Im busy at school so ill just work on it for like 30 minutes periods when I have no homuwork
Gingishi's Remilia model is beautiful


Nice model who will she be over?

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on August 20, 2014, 08:37:20 AM
that sentence is a contradiction in itself...

if you size-mod a character, the hitboxes will adapt to it's new size, meaning that they will act different from a default costume, when playing online or reading replays, the game reads inputs, so if you take the modded costume away, the replay has certain inputs, that wouldn't work with a normal costume, and thus it desyncs, same on wifi, only that it's right away, because the other player's game is reading your input while it doesn't know that your character is a different size.

now, if you mean it'll mess up the hitboxes, as in, they'll be all over the place, then nah, it shouldn't happen as long as you leave the bone indexes untouched.
Doesn't happen when you make the character twice as big, and I'm talking oneslot size mods, as in using the EyeYellowM bone. If does effect the hitboxes, then why didn't my SMU Bowser work? Made him twice as big (was an old hack) and his hitbox was nowhere near his actual hands and etc, so I decided to just make him over Giga Bowser...
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 20, 2014, 11:02:23 AM
Don't do bone mods. Some bones are used for more than one thing. More often than not, bone mods of some characters tend to mess with certain bones they shouldn't which can cause glitches with not only the camera(One of the RotNs are used for camera stuff), but collision detection as well(Yes the game uses specific bones for that and messing with those or their parents is never a good idea).

I remember deleting a certain very popular size mod of D3 long ago because his collision detection was bugging out with that skin, causing warping and sudden SDs from said warping.
I've done my fair share of size mods, bone mods and porting a few characters over each other (Mario Bros over Ice Climbers) to know what bones to either not touch at all, or only mess with in a full moveset change, as in all costumes use the new bone position/order and the FitCharacter.pac also uses it (like changed bone indexes)
For Child Malon, all I planned on doing with bone edits was renaming her HairAN bone and making it bigger and moving it so the other hair bones was in better position for her rigged hair. Didn't even change the bone indexes. ;)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on August 20, 2014, 12:12:27 PM
This made me laugh. A little. Kinda.

You...what team aren't you apart of? o.0


---------

Stuff...just stuff.
[spoiler]


Hiyah!



Where is your god now!?


Melee Link and is that the Melee Meta Knight trophy model or is he from another game, or is he a retexture?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Nope, RTDL import. I don't like MK's design other than Sm4sh and Brawl, but it is what it is.


Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 19, 2014, 10:27:31 AM
Made a couple updates.
First, the torso has been updated to show a bit more of a muscle build and spine. I used Falcon as a reference and edited the torso a little. Didn't want to do it too much because Falcon's muscles are as exaggerated as a Marvel superhero.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also made the hair thicker. Might go back and redo the hair if I find a method that isn't messy or too wasteful.

I haven't a clue how to UV Map the short sword + sheathe on his waist that he'll never use TBH. Might just look at how Marth does it.
I think it's looking really great! I definitely wanted to throw in my two cents and say I think his build should look on par with Ike's from Smash 4. Classic Simon should definitely be swoll imo.

Not a 100% sure where this picture of Simon originates from but essentially this in 3D is how I believe Simon should appear.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on August 20, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
Nope, RTDL import. I don't like MK's design other than Sm4sh and Brawl, but it is what it is.
Ah okay, that was my second guess but I wasn't exactly sure.
Also besides just being something that would fit with Child Malon, I bet using a bottle would remind people of the "true" way to fight Ganondorf...you can use a bottle to reflect his energy balls, and not have to use the Master Sword. XD


She looks so cute...you know because she's a little kid, pervs. -_-
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 20, 2014, 07:10:38 PM
Ah okay, that was my second guess but I wasn't exactly sure.
Also besides just being something that would fit with Child Malon, I bet using a bottle would remind people of the "true" way to fight Ganondorf...you can use a bottle to reflect his energy balls, and not have to use the Master Sword. XD


She looks so cute...you know because she's a little kid, pervs. -_-
shes soo cute (not pervy) .and that bottle ...the true hero

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 20, 2014, 07:10:38 PM
Ah okay, that was my second guess but I wasn't exactly sure.
Also besides just being something that would fit with Child Malon, I bet using a bottle would remind people of the "true" way to fight Ganondorf...you can use a bottle to reflect his energy balls, and not have to use the Master Sword. XD


Her smile takes the cuteness away. It's obvious she's evil...EVIL!


Slow progress
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on August 21, 2014, 04:27:30 AM
Slow progress
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yet progress none-the-less.
This progress is making my sword reach skyward. Sexy work as always Samuel.

Quote from: SJS on August 21, 2014, 04:27:30 AM
Slow progress
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Showing Sakurai how it's done? I really really like this.

Your buns are mine!

Baby steppies are better than no steps.

Tried to give Simon more muscular shoulders and arms, this time using Haggar for reference.

Quote from: SJS on August 21, 2014, 04:27:30 AM
Slow progress
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

SJS...this is excellent.

Vertex colors and bump maps would be needed. Curse you Nintendo. Ah well, striving for beauty.
[spoiler]


I'll use bump maps, reflections, and well higher quality textures, not the single palletes they love to do in 3D Mario games.