WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

PSA refers to a moveset hack. Includes coding and animations. Sometimes they work with their own skeletons, or ones of a character. They are built over a character, using their [fighter].pac as a base, but the model can be that of another character. So, yes they go over a specific character, but not necessarily use the same bone structure.

Quote from: Iwvi on August 28, 2014, 05:33:51 AM
PSA refers to a moveset hack. Includes coding and animations. Sometimes they work with their own skeletons, or ones of a character. They are built over a character, using their [fighter].pac as a base, but the model can be that of another character. So, yes they go over a specific character, but not necessarily use the same bone structure.

Heh, shows what I know lol :laugh: Never done a PSA hack, I don't have the skills to do that yet ;)

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 28, 2014, 05:39:12 AM
Heh, shows what I know lol :laugh: Never done a PSA hack, I don't have the skills to do that yet ;)
you seriously dont know what a psa is and you been here since 2011? damn lol your telling me you never saw ssbb chars with unique movesets/graphics until today?

kkrool looks nice but like someone said the coat needs a better txture especially on the buttons.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on August 28, 2014, 08:58:03 AM
you seriously dont know what a psa is and you been here since 2011? damn lol your telling me you never saw ssbb chars with unique movesets/graphics until today?

kkrool looks nice but like someone said the coat needs a better txture especially on the buttons.

I think he meant that he has never known what they were called. I mean, it's almost impossible to not see a Mewtwo, Cloud, Waluigi, or Shadow floating around somewhere.


August 28, 2014, 03:50:18 PM #16069 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:52:14 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Carnage on August 28, 2014, 08:58:03 AM
you seriously dont know what a psa is and you been here since 2011? damn lol your telling me you never saw ssbb chars with unique movesets/graphics until today?

kkrool looks nice but like someone said the coat needs a better txture especially on the buttons.

And I should keep my own thoughts to my damn self as they only lead me to trouble, heh. No wonder I've been having a helluva lot trouble finding motivation to work on hacks lately or at a faster pace.  :P

Quote from: Kage Ryu on August 28, 2014, 03:37:58 AM
That...was actually a katana before you straightened it. What you have now is more like a ninjato. Looks good, though.





Am I dumb... *facepalm* (no, I'm not)
Btw you wouldn't happen to know anyone that can optimize this sword for less polygons would you?
I suck when it comes to optimization...

As I steadily improved my modelling skills, one thing I learned that unless you want to make a character shadow model, it's sometimes better to build a new model with less faces/verts with similar uvs because the optimizing methods in maya and max have a terrible habit of breaking symmetry and you won't have control over how it looks.

Before you try to do so, see if you can apply the sensibilities from this tutorial to the model first:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=52552.0

Just remember that holding the V key will let you snap things, and Edit Mesh > Merge is what you use to weld the verts together.

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 28, 2014, 03:50:18 PM
And I should keep my own thoughts to my damn self as they only lead me to trouble, heh. No wonder I've been having a helluva lot trouble finding motivation to work on hacks lately or at a faster pace.  :P
Nah, don't worry about it. I think he just likes to call out things in the most blunt way possible. Never be ashamed of asking a legitimate question.


Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on August 28, 2014, 07:16:08 PM
Am I dumb... *facepalm* (no, I'm not)
Btw you wouldn't happen to know anyone that can optimize this sword for less polygons would you?
I suck when it comes to optimization...

Honestly I doubt many people know what that kind of sword is called. As far as I know, a ninjato is actually fictional and wasn't used back in the day, as any Japanese swords like that used in the feudal eras were curved.

As for optimization, I probably could. A sword probably wouldn't give me any trouble. However, I wouldn't get around to it anytime soon, so you'd probably have to wait a week before I even started on it.


enjoy... these models were a pain to get working... along with their materials.. most of them had to be remade cause replacing them just wouldnt work..


https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I don't know what it is, but it's pretty...

Holy sh!t dude, Magolor's Arena?
That's beyond radical.

Quote from: Kage Ryu on August 29, 2014, 05:14:22 AM
Honestly I doubt many people know what that kind of sword is called. As far as I know, a ninjato is actually fictional and wasn't used back in the day, as any Japanese swords like that used in the feudal eras were curved.

As for optimization, I probably could. A sword probably wouldn't give me any trouble. However, I wouldn't get around to it anytime soon, so you'd probably have to wait a week before I even started on it.

So you'd optimize this sword for me but I'd have to wait a week? Sounds good but
I did a little optimizing myself and I don't think it will look as good as yours when you're done with it.
(The handle almost looks like crap) Would you like me to give you the files now?

Quote from: D 3 /\/\ 0 |\| on August 29, 2014, 07:24:00 AM
enjoy... these models were a pain to get working... along with their materials.. most of them had to be remade cause replacing them just wouldnt work..

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is it going to function like the actual level? With the floor moving like one of the sidescrolling stages? If not, I think that'd be a cool option.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Raikrom on August 29, 2014, 04:23:44 PM
Holy sh!t dude, Magolor's Arena?
That's beyond radical.
yes it is!

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 29, 2014, 09:37:27 PM
Is it going to function like the actual level? With the floor moving like one of the sidescrolling stages? If not, I think that'd be a cool option.
gonna try to... but the main floor isnt being hidden by the flames.. not sure why..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady