WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

UV maps on the front nose are too stretched. Otherwise I like his new face.

Quote from: Iwvi on October 06, 2014, 01:06:41 AM
UV maps on the front nose are too stretched. Otherwise I like his new face.
Not much I can do with that since I had to close a hole from deleting his original hole.
Glad you like his face otherwise. :)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Honestly, I think he's a bit too bg headed and bulky. King Koopa had a rather...round shape to him, as opposed to Bowser's more burly shape. Maybe if you puffed out his gut a bit, slimmed his extremities, and shrank the head a little, you'd be in pretty good shape.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on October 06, 2014, 01:25:35 AM
Not much I can do with that since I had to close a hole from deleting his original hole.
Glad you like his face otherwise. :)
Yeah, he looks great :) Try using UnwrapUVs for the nose, you can use that to make it look unstretched without having to move the actual vertexes on him.

Quote from: Majora-Sama on October 06, 2014, 01:29:43 AM
Honestly, I think he's a bit too bg headed and bulky. King Koopa had a rather...round shape to him, as opposed to Bowser's more burly shape. Maybe if you puffed out his gut a bit, slimmed his extremities, and shrank the head a little, you'd be in pretty good shape.
Well I'm trying to keep him in the style as KTH & Nano's SSB Wii U Bowser model, plus messing with the size of his head would mess with the rig. You do have to keep in mind that because I'm not making this model from scratch (don't have that skill yet), I'm limited to what I can do with the existing model, plus I'm not an expert at texture mapping & editing, so that also limits what I can do a bit more.
I guess I can make him look a bit fatter, but I don't think I'll shrink his head, I did make his mouth wider than normal.
Here's a comparison.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: russmarrs2 on October 06, 2014, 01:30:39 AM
Yeah, he looks great :) Try using UnwrapUVs for the nose, you can use that to make it look unstretched without having to move the actual vertexes on him.
Can't because of how 3ds Max handled me creating new "polygons" (the triangles to fill in the gap).
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If I try messing with it, it screws up the rest of the nose. :(
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All I did was move the top right corner of the orange thing to resize it. :srs:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

That's because you're in polygon mode and you're just dragging around the verts the poly is connected to without actually doing anything.

With the polygon selected, hit Quick Planar Map or something and it'll flatten out the map so you can move around and scale/rotate the bad mapping, then weld the edge verts when you have it positioned correctly. Or go into vertex mode and see if you can find the vertices that aren't shared and move it around.

For the love of all that is holy don't leave it looking like that

October 06, 2014, 02:40:39 AM #16506 Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:04:51 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Amazing how I'm not bothered by the mapping, maybe because I thought there was no way for me to fix it, which is usually the case for me to become used to something that looks a little wrong when it comes to model imports. Anyways I'm going to try what you said to do, Gravity.

Post Merge: October 06, 2014, 03:04:50 AM

Well I can edit it, problem is trying to make it look good.

Honestly I prefer the other mapping because it doesn't look like it was added on. If I go this route, that section of the nose looks like it was added on or a separate object. :P
Does someone want to see if they do a better job at this? :oshi:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

actually that little patch of his nose looks better than the rest of his mouth-thing... xD

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Finally a 3d Model of this son of a... Gonna give him a Honedge in his hand 'cause he is going over Ike.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 06, 2014, 08:41:23 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Finally a 3d Model of this son of a... Gonna give him a Honedge in his hand 'cause he is going over Ike.
Erm... a Honedge? I'm not exactly a fan of this idea for two reasons....

1: Lysandre never owned one. Or any of it's stages.

2: It's Pokedex entry. "If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely." So basically, he'd be dead before even going into the battle.

I'd say put him over Snake. No need for any crazy Pokemon as a sword.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on October 06, 2014, 10:43:24 AM
Erm... a Honedge? I'm not exactly a fan of this idea for two reasons....

1: Lysandre never owned one. Or any of it's stages.

2: It's Pokedex entry. "If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely." So basically, he'd be dead before even going into the battle.


...Totally forgot about that *facepalm* I thought he had an Aegislash, but then I remembered it was one of the Elite 4, not Lysandre... It has been a long time since I last fought him... 10 months, perhaps?

Quote from: Abbi on October 06, 2014, 12:04:19 PM
I'd say put him over Snake. No need for any crazy Pokemon as a sword.
OK then. Good idea.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on October 06, 2014, 02:40:39 AM
Amazing how I'm not bothered by the mapping, maybe because I thought there was no way for me to fix it, which is usually the case for me to become used to something that looks a little wrong when it comes to model imports. Anyways I'm going to try what you said to do, Gravity.

Post Merge: October 06, 2014, 03:04:50 AM

Well I can edit it, problem is trying to make it look good.
*Messed UVs*
Honestly I prefer the other mapping because it doesn't look like it was added on. If I go this route, that section of the nose looks like it was added on or a separate object. :P
Does someone want to see if they do a better job at this? :oshi:

Look up some tutorials on the UVW Relax tool on YouTube. It's used to evenly distribute UV topology. You'll need to create new textures, though (I hope you planned this regardless.)


T-Posing was not very fun... But now I can't decide who to put her over. Peach or Lucas?

Lucas would be best.