WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on October 12, 2014, 09:04:04 PM
Nope. I meant boneset. I have her Galaxy model with her original bones, and they look extremely similar. :)
Well to be fair, if it is the Galaxy boneset, there are only 6 dress bones. 2 for the back, 2 for the front right, 2 for front left. And they are all near the bottom. It is extremely hard to cover her legs if they move very far.:)
Oh okay, I see what you mean now.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

So I finished the model.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But now it doesn't want to import into BB. Yes I've added all the bones to the Skin modifier, all objects are rigged, "Remap Materials" is set to false, I didn't delete bones or move them. Any idea?

Well what's the error look like? Also what version of BB are you trying to import with? I see you're on a Windows 8, if it's the version of BB I'm thinking, you may have run into the problem I have when importing on a windows 8.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Moar progress on Fred.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"Index was outside the bounds of the array."
I'm using v0.73 of BB. This problem seems to be happening a lot lately. With the past few imports I've made, it's been the same error. The last successful import I had was Lady Timpani...

Well try an older version, I haven't attempted to import with v0.73 but isn't it the same as importing with v0.71?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

there are missing vertices to rig
you can test that by rodating the topN bone, and select all over the area where the model was, thats the way to check if there are missing vertices

Quote from: Gamidame_K on October 13, 2014, 01:10:10 AM
there are missing vertices to rig
you can test that by rodating the topN bone, and select all over the area where the model was, thats the way to check if there are missing vertices
Does the "Skin Wrap" actually not rig some vertices? Never used it (unless it's the "Skin" modifier in 3ds Max 2010) so I've never ruin into the problem of vertices not being rigged...or if I have then I ended up fixing it without realizing that was the problem.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

skin wrap doesnt rig 100% good; you always have to re-touch it by yourself because of problems like this, for example, lets say I want to rig a skirt over zelda's but the skirt is actually longer than zelda's, since the skin wrap actually copies the rigged polygon, it will not rig the whole skirt because its longer than the original

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on October 13, 2014, 01:20:13 AM
Does the "Skin Wrap" actually not rig some vertices? Never used it (unless it's the "Skin" modifier in 3ds Max 2010) so I've never ruin into the problem of vertices not being rigged...or if I have then I ended up fixing it without realizing that was the problem.
It may not. You gotta make sure to check "Rig all verts" or something like that... there is a box for it though

So I'm going to ask again since it evidently went ignored.

Will a 10k poly count cause lag, or no? If it's under like, very stressing conditions like a super complicated stage with two PKMN Trainers then I don't think that will really warrant concern.

October 13, 2014, 01:47:21 AM #16601 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:49:48 AM by Anivernage
Quote from: Majora-Sama on October 13, 2014, 01:32:27 AM
So I'm going to ask again since it evidently went ignored.

Will a 10k poly count cause lag, or no? If it's under like, very stressing conditions like a super complicated stage with two PKMN Trainers then I don't think that will really warrant concern.
Well, that actually depends on the host character´s polygon limit, on the first page, second post of this thread, there is a polycount of each character, zelda´s (i think thats the character majorette is over) is about 9000, yeah no vegeta reference :v .... <_<
also i remebered someone said there is about 1-2k of polys of diference that doesnt make lag, idk if that is completely true, so i think there wont be lag, at least if you´re fighting with 3 players, some people have lag with 4 10k+ characters.

Well i think that should help, it has been a lot of time since i got around here so maybe there are more new stuff related to poly count, also i wish you best of luck with the model since my old one was so bad :P and with many issues, and the one you have now looks awesome! ;D

Quote from: Anivernage on October 13, 2014, 01:47:21 AM
Well, that actually depends on the host character´s polygon limit, on the first page, second post of this thread, there is a polycount of each character, zelda´s (i think thats the character majorette is over) is about 9000, yeah no vegeta reference :v .... <_<
also i remebered someone said there is about 1-2k of polys of diference that doesnt make lag, idk if that is completely true, so i think there wont be lag, at least if you´re fighting with 3 players, some people have lag with 4 10k+ characters.

Well i think that should help, it has been a lot of time since i got around here so maybe there are more new stuff related to poly count, also i wish you best of luck with the model since my old one was so bad :P and with many issues, and the one you have now looks awesome! ;D

Zelda is 9.2k, Majora is 10.5k. 1.4K of that comes from her belt, tbh, and could be reduced if I simply used planes rather than tiny six sided "spheres." However, I'm not overly concerned by a 1.3K difference in the poly counts.


Quote from: Gamidame_K on October 13, 2014, 05:26:45 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It was gonna be done at some point. Good on ya Kyouma.