WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

October 21, 2014, 06:40:33 PM #16680 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:41:42 PM by Raikrom
Honest to God, this is the Mewtwo model I've been dreaming of, I've always preferred his modern proportions to his Melee/RBY/GSC proportions, looks less silly to me. Dem hips just look too powerful now.
KTH being based yet again.

Progress: almost finished. Just gotta touch up a few areas and finish the fingers.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 21, 2014, 08:08:04 PM #16682 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:16:16 PM by Majora-Sama
Okay, so...poly count check on Jora is a bit frightening.

See, if you add in the multiple faces? Poly count hits 14.9k (14.1 w/o eyelash polys). I'm not sure how big of an issue that'd be since the game doesn't visibly render the faces at the same time.

The worst part is that there's nothing I can do to change it. I've tried all of the ways I thought of to cut off as much as I could from the poly count, and in combined total they only make about 1k of a difference.

She might jsut not have multiple expressions at this rate.

Wanted to get a pre-preliminary rig up to see how it'd look

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I ain't even mad, but...

I know 100% I mapped Goku correctly. 100%.

WTF is up with his face?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Shulk on October 21, 2014, 09:08:18 PM
Wanted to get a pre-preliminary rig up to see how it'd look

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I ain't even mad, but...

I know 100% I mapped Goku correctly. 100%.

WTF is up with his face?
Wrong texture? If you're using 3ds Max, did you collapse the UVUnmap (or whatever it's called)?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on October 21, 2014, 09:27:55 PM
Wrong texture? If you're using 3ds Max, did you collapse the UVUnmap (or whatever it's called)?

Yeah, I'm using the right texture. I put all the texture pieces on one and then UVUnwrapped all the models so they were all mapped correctly.

I even attached all the polygons together, so it's one giant model.

But that's still happening...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 21, 2014, 07:31:01 PM
Progress: almost finished. Just gotta touch up a few areas and finish the fingers.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Miku <3

[censored]ed stretched fingers. XP


Quote from: Shulk on October 21, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
Yeah, I'm using the right texture. I put all the texture pieces on one and then UVUnwrapped all the models so they were all mapped correctly.

I even attached all the polygons together, so it's one giant model.

But that's still happening...


Fixed the problem.

Somehow, the UVUnwrap for the face messed up. I checked it in 3ds max again, and it turns out that the uv's for the face were stretched to take up the whole texture.

After fixing it, it looks screwy in 3ds max. But it's showing up properly in BBox.

Improved some of the arm rig, since the last pic. Need to fix pretty much everything else too. But for specifics:

-Verts right between head and neck need to have a slight bit of influence (maybe 0.5 or lower)
-Hand needs to have no influence past it's wrist
-ShoulderJ needs influence on the bottom part of the gi as well as the top.
-Knee and Leg juncture need to share influence. This part is tough because the leggings actually go inside each other when it's tposed. Luckily, I know an easy way to fix it.
-Fingers need to be rigged. For now, they are 100% influenced by the hand.

And Link has VIS0, right?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Majora-Sama on October 21, 2014, 08:08:04 PM
Okay, so...poly count check on Jora is a bit frightening.

See, if you add in the multiple faces? Poly count hits 14.9k (14.1 w/o eyelash polys). I'm not sure how big of an issue that'd be since the game doesn't visibly render the faces at the same time.

The worst part is that there's nothing I can do to change it. I've tried all of the ways I thought of to cut off as much as I could from the poly count, and in combined total they only make about 1k of a difference.

She might jsut not have multiple expressions at this rate.
Quoting myself since apparently question without pictures don't get answered here.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 21, 2014, 10:50:38 PM
[censored]ed stretched fingers. XP
oh deargod.. well, to prevent this, you should resize them to make them bigger, this happens because the actual flex point is not coordinated with the circle's position

Quote from: Majora-Sama on October 22, 2014, 02:37:39 AM
Quoting myself since apparently question without pictures don't get answered here.

What question?
Seems more like you're stating facts.

Either way, I don't think most people here have a clue as to how big the poly count can be.
You're better off comparing to the original character's.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on October 22, 2014, 03:17:14 AM
What question?
Seems more like you're stating facts.

Either way, I don't think most people here have a clue as to how big the poly count can be.
You're better off comparing to the original character's.

There's a 5.7K difference. I suppose there may have to be a version with changing faces and a version without, and hn it would be up to testing to see which works better.

To be fair, a model without changing faces on Zelda isn't the worst thing on the planet, since Zelda's expression changes so little and minutely anyway.

Shrek is doing pretty well



...or maybe not, its strange, Ill have to rig it again and use another method

I circled what I have left to do for Gekou



I forgot how big of a pain rigging can be. And I definitely don't miss it...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.