WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on November 04, 2014, 03:17:14 AM
Why is his mouth area have scales? 
Quote from: russmarrs2 on November 04, 2014, 03:20:11 AM
Nice job! The textures on his snout look a little too intense though, maybe putting the scales at like 50 percent opacity maybe? Idk, they just kind of remind me of chains or something on his snout, lol. Looks great though ;D
It's how the texture is in the texture pack, there are some design choices I don't agree with, like his face and his shell, but I'm just including the texture in the pack since it's a good & faithful retexture nonetheless, not going to redo/fix it. Even though a part of me wants to. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

That Waluigi comes with a bone edit?

thought for sure he'd be on falcon

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: russmarrs2 on November 04, 2014, 03:20:11 AM
Nice job! The textures on his snout look a little too intense though, maybe putting the scales at like 50 percent opacity maybe? Idk, they just kind of remind me of chains or something on his snout, lol. Looks great though ;D
So I can assure all of you... It is definitely Waluigi Time.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

can you send me by PM a version of this waluigi with abousolutely no bone edits?

Took a bit of work, but I think I'm satisfied with this...maybe some more work with the shadow.

Besides resized to fit Giga Bowser's bones, he has:
Been recolored to sorta match GB's color scheme (I kept him more colorful to fit with normal SM64 Bowser)
Bigger horns, hair and spikes.
Moved his neck collar to be closer to where his head connects to his body.
What do you think? :happy: I know the shadow is a little messed up, Giga Bowser's shadow is a bit huge and some stages are picky with his shadow. I'll try to see if I can fix that, I know a good amount of Mewtwo2000's stages will have a messed up shadow, normal Giga Bowser's shadow screws up on a couple of his stages. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

sorry for chainposting, but now that  you mention giga bowser size.. have you ever considered on creating a 64 styled giga bowser?

Quote from: russmarrs2 on November 04, 2014, 03:20:11 AM
Nice job! The textures on his snout look a little too intense though, maybe putting the scales at like 50 percent opacity maybe? Idk, they just kind of remind me of chains or something on his snout, lol. Looks great though ;D
So I can assure all of you... It is definitely Waluigi Time.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And, you know, give him actual fingers.

November 04, 2014, 01:06:54 PM #16912 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:03:13 PM by ShadowLuigi~NG~


is that melee model?
texture looks nice

Yup, thanks. Now he's fitted with the extra weapons used for visibility bones and perfect animated eyes. This is a TP recolor of him I'm working on. He still has some rigging work to do and to fix normals.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on November 04, 2014, 01:24:10 PM
Yup, thanks. Now he's fitted with the extra weapons used for visibility bones and perfect animated eyes. This is a TP recolor of him I'm working on. He still has some rigging work to do and to fix normals.
Hes so.. yellow

Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 04, 2014, 06:01:18 AM
And, you know, give him actual fingers.
To be fair, it's based off his SSB4 model, which clearly doesn't have actual fingers. You would expect for him to atleast have better hand models on the Wii U version. :P
Quote from: Gamidame_K on November 04, 2014, 04:56:37 AM
sorry for chainposting, but now that  you mention giga bowser size.. have you ever considered on creating a 64 styled giga bowser?
....I did, though today as I was giving Bowser his eye movement (which is done by the way), I released I could make more changes to SM64 Giga Bowser, like the eyes and work a little bit more on the textures. It was late at night when I made him so I didn't put as much effort into his model as I could have.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on November 04, 2014, 10:02:38 PM
To be fair, it's based off his SSB4 model, which clearly doesn't have actual fingers. You would expect for him to atleast have better hand models on the Wii U version. :P
lol, yeah. I might do a version with and without fingers though maybe, idk. Those sm64 Giga Bowser textures are really awesome by the way, probably one of my favorite textures for him so far ;D

November 05, 2014, 01:03:12 AM #16918 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:32:19 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Edited his eyes and some of his textures to get better coloring, I think he looks much better now. :)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

EDIT: Recolors are done.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The white part of the shell is supposed to be white no matter what. It's a reference to how that part of his shell doesn't use a texture in the original game (for some reason), so it's also solid white in the Hi Res textures. Gotta love being a perfectionist. lol
Anyways, yes I did take these directly from v1, I just had to split a part the textures that were originally combined for mapping purposes. No point in remaking the recolors when the previous ones were still good. :af2:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509