WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: toastoftriumph on July 18, 2012, 02:25:42 AM
I figured I'd post some updates on the steam train stage.
Slow progress, but it's progressing nicely.

(previously posted) Train:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


An arched bridge, leading into a mountain
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sailboat in the river below the bridge:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Power line- will be on the other side of the mountain/tunnel:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm planning to add a second passenger train, and I've yet to complete several models such as the wheels, and the machinery below the locomotive.
Obviously, I've hardly textured anything (just the rails, rail ties, part of the power line)

umm is something like this what u had in mind?

Shredder vs. Donatello vs. April vs. Foot Solider

How to you rig Shiva's hair while keeping the work I did on the rest of the rig?  When I add another edit mesh mod, I lose my work!

cut skin, edit vertices, paste skin?
make sure to uncheck the always deform thingy...

Melee Bowser is lookin great!

Metal Sonic is lookin great!

Shiva is lookn great!

So glad you have decided to do her over Peach.

Though, you do need to select those polygons and edit the mesh like it was suggested, so her hair looks like it's supposed to.

July 18, 2012, 04:05:09 AM #3169 Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:57:32 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: mr.mugenwii on July 18, 2012, 03:35:46 AM
cut skin, edit vertices, paste skin?
make sure to uncheck the always deform thingy...

Oh, that doesn't sound so bad.  Looks like I don't need to add a mesh mod after all.

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 05:57:32 AM

Edit 11:56PM

Ah bollocks!  I cut the skin mod, used the mesh edit to adjust the hair (part of it as a test), pasted the skin mod ABOVE the mesh mod.  Rotations are now hidden.  Lovely.

Quote from: Mafioso on July 18, 2012, 02:35:05 AM
(SFM) Yes! Yes!
:) glad you like it
Quote from: mr.mugenwii on July 18, 2012, 03:15:06 AM
umm is something like this what u had in mind?

Shredder vs. Donatello vs. April vs. Foot Solider
Kinda. It's a steam train though, and it'll be a passenger train, with only 4 cars (including the front, and the tender), none of which will detatch.
Other differences:
-The tunnel section will be shorter.
-Mine will have an epic bridge
-I'll probably make it so you can jump on the track, similar to Big Blue
-There'll be changes in the environment; a track along a mountainside, a train-stop in a small town, a crop field, a forest/ tree-filled area, and hopefully some animals that give you a weird stare as you pass by. I'll also have a rocky landscape similar to that video though.

Otherwise, yes, it's pretty similar. Thanks for posting the video though- it's definitely a good reference for me to work off of.

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 18, 2012, 04:05:09 AM
Ah bollocks!  I cut the skin mod, used the mesh edit to adjust the hair (part of it as a test), pasted the skin mod ABOVE the mesh mod.  Rotations are now hidden.  Lovely.

Did you make sure you have no selection mode (Vertex/Edge/Face/Elemeny) active? cause rotations are not shown if any of those is active.

or go back to the edit mesh/poly/whatever select ALL vertices, click on the modifier (now you shouldnt see ur vertices selected anymore, and now click on the skin modifier

July 18, 2012, 02:52:27 PM #3173 Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:55:42 PM by the_randomizer
And this way, I can ensure that I retain all my modifications to the skin mod.  It would seem I can keep both mods on simultaneously, I just need to click on the vertex selection mode located in the edit mesh mod. Excellent.  (Sorry for being such a pest).



will need someone to UV map this, or it'll take ages to finish...

Diggin' the Shiva. Favorite FF summon on my favorite Brawl character. The amount of excite.


July 18, 2012, 03:55:41 PM #3176 Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:09:57 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Haseyo on July 18, 2012, 03:35:44 PM
Diggin' the Shiva. Favorite FF summon on my favorite Brawl character. The amount of excite.

Once I can fix the hair, it will be even better.  So far, I'm very happy to see positive feedback from various members ;D

Edit 10:09 AM

Well, I'm sure as heck impressed; here's what I've managed to pull off so far.   I should be able to finish the rest when I get back from work later this afternoon.  Far from perfect, sure, but, the fact that I can edit vertices while retaining the skin modifier changes makes me happy beyond reason!  I can fix it later, but I get the idea how it works




dat ganon from N64!

someone have to teach UV mapping in 3ds max D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Upload pic of my progress.

Quote from: jokekid on July 18, 2012, 03:08:58 PM


will need someone to UV map this, or it'll take ages to finish...

sweet fancy moses!!! this is EPIC!