WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 30, 2012, 03:30:44 PMSent you a PM to continue this so we don't get this thread sidetracked. The lack of people elaborating just HOW exactly I'm to remap is starting to bug me.   :notimp: Again, it will be a cold day in Hell before I spend the time to re-rig an already rigged model.
Well I think I remember someone saying they re-mapped the model without having to redo the rig, but didn't you say that the rigging was that hard? Or was it just time consuming? Because I hate redoing things that took like 20 or something hours to do.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 30, 2012, 03:44:16 PM
Well I think I remember someone saying they re-mapped the model without having to redo the rig, but didn't you say that the rigging was that hard? Or was it just time consuming? Because I hate redoing things that took like 20 or something hours to do.

When it comes to rigging, I don't have as hard of a time than when I first began, so rigging Kalypso itself wasn't too difficult, it's getting the textures to show in Brawl without the game freezing.  I simply don't want to spend the time re-rigging it, otherwise, it feels like what I did was for naught.

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 30, 2012, 03:58:26 PM
When it comes to rigging, I don't have as hard of a time than when I first began, so rigging Kalypso itself wasn't too difficult, it's getting the textures to show in Brawl without the game freezing.  I simply don't want to spend the time re-rigging it, otherwise, it feels like what I did was for naught.
Is it freezing because of the filesize?
And check the sizes of the textures if you haven't done that yet.
Also you might wanna open up a topic in Model Help so this thread doesn't get cluttered up.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: ExorcistRain on July 30, 2012, 04:03:22 PM
Is it freezing because of the filesize?
And check the sizes of the textures if you haven't done that yet.
Also you might wanna open up a topic in Model Help so this thread doesn't get cluttered up.

I know that the texture format is wrong, I tried various formats but to no avail (CI8 worked, but was the wrong color).  As far as size goes, I don't know what the limit is,  but how big is "too big"?  I'll continue this elsewhere. Sorry for the clutter :(

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 30, 2012, 04:07:27 PM
I know that the texture format is wrong, I tried various formats but to no avail (CI8 worked, but was the wrong color).  As far as size goes, I don't know what the limit is,  but how big is "too big"?  I'll continue this elsewhere. Sorry for the clutter :(
Well the bigger the tezture size, the more space it takes up, which can make the game freeze, so if every one of the texture is atleast 256x256, you'll need to make them smaller.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 30, 2012, 04:09:47 PM
Well the bigger the tezture size, the more space it takes up, which can make the game freeze, so if every one of the texture is atleast 256x256, you'll need to make them smaller.

What about the whole UV mapping thing? Do I still need to have someone point me to a tutorial?

July 30, 2012, 04:19:45 PM #3606 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:21:24 PM by Segtendo
If you reduce the texture size, as long as it's a dimension with a divisor of 2 (128x128, 256x256) it'll be fine.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on July 30, 2012, 04:19:45 PM
If you reduce the texture size, as long as it's a dimension with a divisor of 2 (128x128, 256x256) it'll be fine.

What about UV mapping or remapping? I can't seem to find a good tutorial for that.

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 30, 2012, 03:26:24 PM
Crap, I don't know how to do that. I suck at anything besides rigging and T-posing.  Anything pertaining to UV mapping or re-texturing is something I have no skills in. I will undoubtedly need outside help. Not to mention I'll have to re-rig the bloody model.  Crap, crap, crap.  
Quote from: the_randomizer on July 30, 2012, 04:24:51 PM
What about UV mapping or remapping? I can't seem to find a good tutorial for that.
I've done some UV-map editing quite a few times (likewise for material re-assignment and texture fixing.)

UV-mapping itself uses the Unwrap UVW modifier. Editing them UV-map works kinda like vertex hacking (except you're only doing it on a 2D plane, and you're only changing which part of the texture is applied to each vertex instead of actually changing the position of the actual vertices.)

If you'd like me to explain in more detail, you can send me a PM.

P.S. - To keep this thread on-topic, here are a few WIP hacks of mine:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: JoeTE on July 30, 2012, 04:37:41 PM
I've done some UV-map editing quite a few times (likewise for material re-assignment and texture fixing.)

UV-mapping itself uses the Unwrap UVW modifier. Editing them UV-map works kinda like vertex hacking (except you're only doing it on a 2D plane, and you're only changing which part of the texture is applied to each vertex instead of actually changing the position of the actual vertices.)

If you'd like me to explain in more detail, you can send me a PM.

P.S. - To keep this thread on-topic, here are a few WIP hacks of mine:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


its easy your doing super sonic with FS eyes :P but i wonder unless you make a custom model changer i dont think you can make sonic normal quils disapear
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 30, 2012, 04:52:05 PM #3611 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:04:44 PM by Miacis
Quote from: JoeTE on July 30, 2012, 04:37:41 PMOh look, yet another Super Sonic over Sonic hack. It works well in-game, but I still have a few things to fix (like the quill rigging.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Whaa? Normal Sonic textures, and two sets of quills? There might be a few of you who can figure out what I'm doing with this. :D
Custom PSA so you can have different Super Sonics? Is it like SMBZ Mario and Luigi where you do a taunt or something and you turn into Super SOnic and have different moves?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

July 30, 2012, 05:01:52 PM #3612 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:04:09 PM by Miacis
StupidMarioFan1, before specifically removing spoilers from your quotes, I'd like you to read this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39985.msg936671#msg936671
Quote from: Miacis on June 09, 2012, 04:07:48 PM
Okay. Guys, I have two requests that would be really sweet for this thread:

When posting big pictures of stuff that is not a hack, use spoilers.
When quoting a post with a big picture of a hack, put that picture into spoilers.

Thank you~

I'll add it to the OP now, so people can't say they didn't see it.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on July 30, 2012, 05:01:52 PMStupidMarioFan1, before specifically removing spoilers from your quotes, I'd like you to read this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39985.msg936671#msg936671I'll add it to the OP now, so people can't say they didn't see it.
Is that better? :)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 30, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
Is that better? :)
Well, I don't know what you did, but I fixed it myself too.
No biggies, though, just a reminder not to do it again.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.