WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Iwvi on December 24, 2012, 03:14:01 AM
I'm getting tired of all the complaints about bowser, stop disencouraging people of rigging over him! poor bowser needs more love :P

Usurp the love from Shadow, Rosalina and Sephiroth mods and give it to Bowser.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 23, 2012, 09:43:10 PM
That's going to be a hard rig due to Bowser's animations, but I'd love to someone rig K Rool over Bowser, the Fire breath doesn't fit K Rool in my opinion though. :\

it won't be hard at all, since Angelglory fit K Rool to Bowser's bones almost perfectly.

besides, it's me rigging him  :af:

Quote from: Snoopy on December 24, 2012, 03:24:31 AM
it won't be hard at all, since Angelglory fit K Rool to Bowser's bones almost perfectly.

besides, it's me rigging him  :af:

Then there shouldn't be any problems.

Dunno if this is the right place to show this, but this is what I've been working on

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Never did anything with stages before, so I might need some help eventually.

Quote from: Aafyre on December 24, 2012, 06:08:24 AM
Dunno if this is the right place to show this, but this is what I've been working on

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Never did anything with stages before, so I might need some help eventually.
Wow. That's actually pretty neat. A little unconventional for a tourny legal stage. But might still be fun to play on anyway. I don't see a possible infinite. Except for maybe below the upper platform... But the victim could tech, and be safe.

Only thing that might be odd is that wall. But still, should bring an interesting game play dynamic.

And the texture work looks really nice... Overall, Aaf, I look forward to this being in Brawl.

Well I was getting tired of 90% of stage hacks being Final Destination clones  8)

Here, here! That stage's looking schweet.(Game Grumps would totally hate it though, lol)

I'm going to be working on some new stages soon and not just those huge ones I've made previously.

Quote from: Aafyre on December 24, 2012, 06:08:24 AM
Dunno if this is the right place to show this, but this is what I've been working on

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Never did anything with stages before, so I might need some help eventually.


Hopefully someone finds a nice brstm to go with dat...

Quote from: Aafyre on December 24, 2012, 06:08:24 AM
Dunno if this is the right place to show this, but this is what I've been working on

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Never did anything with stages before, so I might need some help eventually.
Oh man, that's great! <3
Click for my stuff:


December 24, 2012, 07:57:28 AM #7509 Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:10:57 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Aafyre on December 24, 2012, 06:22:44 AM
Well I was getting tired of 90% of stage hacks being Final Destination clones  8)

Same here. I at least try to spice things up a little.

Getting back to the King K Rool hack, how the crap did he get those legs to look so good? Those gave me hell when Exorcistrain and I worked on ours  :o

But on a rather interesting note, I realized why my current rig looked so effed up when using the vertex weld mod, the threshold was set way too high and not at 0.001 as was previously suggested. Nevertheless, redoing the rig would likely be in my best interest due to the sheer hell it gave me.  Or rather, how I was so close and yet so far from being done.  Those areas where the left shoulder and arm, the hips and the waist areas. It was almost complete, but there were some areas that were simply too irreparably askew (as in, would not blend no matter how they were weighted).  What do you guys think, as far as redoing it with a proper vertex weld?

Quote from: Aafyre on December 24, 2012, 06:08:24 AM

Hornet Hole, from Donkey Kong Country 2



Never did anything with stages before, so I might need some help eventually.
I have no words to describe how great that looks.

Quote from: -Hero- on December 24, 2012, 08:45:52 AM
I have no words to describe how great that looks.

Nor do I, that is one effing awesome looking stage. That is all.


I spent about 30 minutes on the redo and managed to completely reconstruct the shoulder pad. It was much worse than I thought after I t-posed it, but I finally fixed it, so that alone may have been a cause of not bending properly. Hopefully it looks decent enough.

Decided to update Cloud's textures



Now his clothes aren't so dark. To me it looks a hundred times more natural in game, but that's just me.

Looks so much better now. Does he have transparent hair and will he have new arms?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

December 24, 2012, 02:01:46 PM #7514 Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:06:03 PM by Ninka_kiwi
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 24, 2012, 01:57:22 PM
Looks so much better now. Does he have transparent hair and will he have new arms?

It's just a texture update, so I'm not messing with the model in anyway...
As for transparency, I tried, but how I modeled the hair, there's no way transparency would look good on him there would just be a bunch of holes in his hair. And the only way you'd notice it wasn't transparent was if you zoomed in on him real close.