WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kyouma on March 15, 2013, 08:53:10 PM
curious because I used zakoneko's utsuho model for samus actually hah
but well, you could also make utsuho for utsuho over diddy kong PSA which dao made long ago but you would need to rig her over peach
Well, that explains why most of it looks so similar, and I guess that means I technically already have it, then. Though in your import, I wasn't too fond of the addition to the bust, and the skirt was a complete mess of nonuniform shapes and hardened edges. I suppose I can rework it, though, and also redo the hair. (And definitely a new shader for the foot, too—Concrete that shines like metal doesn't make a convincing allusion to the Elephant's Foot of Chernobyl.)

And I tried DAO's Utsuho over Diddy, and it was fun for a while, but ultimately lacking in the feel she had in Hisoutensoku. That's why I want to make a new one. I'm still going to rig her over Samus, only add a ton of new bones and a new moveset so the wings, cape, hair and skirt feel like they belong. Plus I like animating.


Quote from: the_randomizer on March 15, 2013, 09:28:55 PM
Last update for this rig (really), it is now completely rigged; thanks everyone for their help and advice!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lookin' good there. Glad you took the time to apply everyone's advice and show your potential!


Quote from: Kage Ryu on March 15, 2013, 10:14:47 PM
Well, that explains why most of it looks so similar, and I guess that means I technically already have it, then. Though in your import, I wasn't too fond of the addition to the bust, and the skirt was a complete mess of nonuniform shapes and hardened edges. I suppose I can rework it, though, and also redo the hair. (And definitely a new shader for the foot, too—Concrete that shines like metal doesn't make a convincing allusion to the Elephant's Foot of Chernobyl.)

And I tried DAO's Utsuho over Diddy, and it was fun for a while, but ultimately lacking in the feel she had in Hisoutensoku. That's why I want to make a new one. I'm still going to rig her over Samus, only add a ton of new bones and a new moveset so the wings, cape, hair and skirt feel like they belong. Plus I like animating.

Lookin' good there. Glad you took the time to apply everyone's advice and show your potential!

Excellent. Glad you like it :P 

I'm not dead! I've just been very busy with work and with helping to get my Bowser's Keep stage implemented as best as possible.

Contrary to my usual methods, I'm posting this WIP before it's completely done in hopes that it will stir up my motivation enough to finish it sooner rather than later.



I still need to UV him.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: Peardian on March 16, 2013, 02:49:18 AM
I'm not dead! I've just been very busy with work and with helping to get my Bowser's Keep stage implemented as best as possible.

Contrary to my usual methods, I'm posting this WIP before it's completely done in hopes that it will stir up my motivation enough to finish it sooner rather than later.



I still need to UV him.

HOLY CRAP IT'S MACK!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Peardian on March 16, 2013, 02:49:18 AM
I'm not dead! I've just been very busy with work and with helping to get my Bowser's Keep stage implemented as best as possible.
Contrary to my usual methods, I'm posting this WIP before it's completely done in hopes that it will stir up my motivation enough to finish it sooner rather than later.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I still need to UV him.
The skills. You have them.


brand new update almost done  :af2:

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

That's so sexy :srs:

Looks high poly though... Hopefully t doesn't freeze D:




Fixed the shader issue. I just stole a different transparency shader from ZSS instead of using DK's default one. He's like 95% complete, so I expect I'll have him out some time tomorrow, after I finish up his texture and make some CSPs for him.

His file size seems really high, though. He's only got about 400 more triangles than DK does, and I only have one 512 texture more than DK, but he's 1.05mb. That worries me just a bit.


Cranky's lookin' good.



Quote from: Vaanrose on March 16, 2013, 06:51:16 AM
His file size seems really high, though. He's only got about 400 more triangles than DK does, and I only have one 512 texture more than DK, but he's 1.05mb. That worries me just a bit.
Is that the .pac or the .pcs? Because DK's original .pac is like 1.28 MB.

And as long as the game runs fine with four of him battling on Fountain of Dreams, it should be fine. (I would guess so, anyway.)


yo Vanroose, that crank looks finished, good riig too
so wat r u next projects?

Quote from: Nanobuds on March 16, 2013, 06:28:11 AM
That's so sexy :srs:

Looks high poly though... Hopefully t doesn't freeze D:

yeah its pretty high in file size but its still works hopefully he works with most psa XD

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: Nanobuds on March 16, 2013, 06:28:11 AM
That's so sexy :srs:

Looks high poly though... Hopefully t doesn't freeze D:

Can't be any higher than that Felicia model could it? That was around 15,000 polygons and 9,200 vertices.  He should probably make sure the texture files aren't too big either, but if they are, the game will crash.

Quote from: the_randomizer on March 16, 2013, 03:13:04 PM
Can't be any higher than that Felicia model could it? That was around 15,000 polygons and 9,200 vertices.  He should probably make sure the texture files aren't too big either, but if they are, the game will crash.
lol he does work i played matches with him already but im not sure if it will work for all PSA due to filesize but with regular marth he works just fine

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: Kingskull95 on March 16, 2013, 03:32:05 PM
lol he does work i played matches with him already but im not sure if it will work for all PSA due to filesize but with regular marth he works just fine

PSA, huh? Don't know much about those unfortunately.

March 16, 2013, 03:57:30 PM #9179 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:10:50 PM by Kyouma
yuyus
which one is better?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I know zakoneko's yuyuko is a  better looking one, but the pmd importing script doesnt support the converted pmx, I hate when that happens, so thats why Im using basilico's yuyuko
the first one is basilico's yuyuko and the second is basilicos's yuyuko with montecore's model base head type 2; plus I mixed some of zelda's textures to the dress
if I can get zakoneko's yuyuko previous version, we all will be happy; I hope the problem doesnt happen with youmu (I dont blame zakoneko's model because I could import his utsuho with no problems)