WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Vaanrose on March 20, 2013, 04:39:44 AM
If there's a demand for it, I'll write one up. It just seems like everybody here already prefers Max. If there are people out there who want to use Maya but don't because of the lack of support, then that's something I'd like to see fixed. Maya's rigging tools are so much better than Max's it's not even a competition (though I'll concede Max arguably has the better modeling UI).

Both my models were done completely in Maya, and both import error-free. It's doable.

Did not know that, the trouble with Maya to Brawl is file format conversion right?

Seconded, a Maya tutorial would be nice to have  :P

Quote from: the_randomizer on March 20, 2013, 04:53:32 AM
Did not know that, the trouble with Maya to Brawl is file format conversion right?

Seconded, a Maya tutorial would be nice to have  :P

It's mostly file format stuff, but since Maya is designed for animation first and modeling second, a lot of the default settings for the rigging and modeling tools result in files that are incompatible with Brawl. You just have to make sure to turn all that stuff to a game-friendly setting. Maybe I'll write up my process once I finish with Snorlax.

Which, speaking of...



First pass on the texture.


Quote from: Vaanrose on March 20, 2013, 05:42:10 AM
It's mostly file format stuff, but since Maya is designed for animation first and modeling second, a lot of the default settings for the rigging and modeling tools result in files that are incompatible with Brawl.
Maya was designed for frustrating everyone at my school. XD


Nice progress so far on Snorlax, by the by.


Snorlax is looking awesome, definitely getting that.

Quote from: the_randomizer on March 20, 2013, 03:23:16 AM


ouooooh it is bahamut you are really working on import him on charizard it would be incredible if you can  arrive to import him ouah it would be one of the more amazing import good luck


Snorlax! finally a King dedede i will use :)

it'll be great to have more DDD imports, i only use king bob-omb atm xD

Looking forward to you Snorlax, Vaanrose!
Are you still messing around with the textures? It looks a bit too... furry?

Quote from: Kyouma on March 20, 2013, 01:03:05 PM
screw alice for a while, montecore just released this a few days ago http://25.media.tumblr.com/5dac71facaea14931336ce9cbb0e819c/tumblr_mjtauiJLAX1rne1ubo1_1280.png
That looks absolutely beautiful, and absolutely file-heavy.



Hm. Re-attempted an import I previously failed at last night because I couldn't sleep, now that I know what I'm doing.
And...wow. It worked this time.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Not sure what the weird lines are in the first pic, but he works without freezing, and I even got the metal working on my first try. No FS eyes, but that should be easy to implement.


March 20, 2013, 05:00:02 PM #9265 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:07:22 PM by Vaanrose
Quote from: Thyrus on March 20, 2013, 04:40:54 PM
Looking forward to you Snorlax, Vaanrose!
Are you still messing around with the textures? It looks a bit too... furry?

I'll include a "classic" version for those who want it, but I like the furry look, myself.

Quote from: joke king on March 20, 2013, 01:44:40 PM
it'll be great to have more DDD imports, i only use king bob-omb atm xD

Dedede's animations can go die in a fire. I always thought nobody imported onto Dedede because they couldn't think of any good characters to go over him. Now I realize it's because he's a pain in the ass to rig.


March 20, 2013, 05:07:10 PM #9266 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:25:40 PM by agent-s
hi everyone in my side here one of my future project :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i say future because i have some work to finish for a friend and for gohan after the new rig 
but i have already create all the face like you can see on the screen  and a part of the side

for some news on gohan check my thread

work on recreate all the texture ask to move and resize the picture so the texture can be deformed i think this try 5 is ok about the size but what do you think? , of course i will do the skin , the hair ....
about the color in game it will appear normally the brawl box give always a shadow on the models

Quote from: Vaanrose on March 20, 2013, 05:42:10 AM



First pass on the texture.
That Snorlax. I'm using it once it's out.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Vaanrose on March 20, 2013, 05:00:02 PM
I'll include a "classic" version for those who want it, but I like the furry look, myself.

Don't get me wrong, the furry idea is a great one, really! And I'm probably gonna use this version myself. Yet, it is nice to know there will be a classic version available.

March 20, 2013, 08:23:15 PM #9269 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:25:02 PM by DJ Lowgey
that snorlax.....  :srs:

It's so Fluffy I'm Gonna DIE!!!