WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: marioking64DS on April 23, 2013, 11:11:30 AM
not sure if i'm meant to be post this here but anywho

i'd had been working on 2 model edits but don't really have the time to rig them up so im willing to give someone these to finish off, they are

Biker Mario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and

Blood Falcon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


anyone? anyone at all?




April 26, 2013, 10:36:17 AM #9901 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:44:19 AM by Jocky
Quote from: marioking64DS on April 26, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
anyone? anyone at all?


I'm actually working on my own take on Blood Falcon at the moment (i.e whipping this out from last July).
It's pretty much done, the only problem is that I can't get Falcon's triangle eyes to work.
I don't know what makes them tick the way they do.
They're there in-game, but they don't seem to show over the visor like they're supposed to.

If worse comes to worse, you could just implement the visor eyes as separate polygons that actually use textures.

Quote from: LJSTAR on April 26, 2013, 10:17:44 AM
Yay ! \o/
The model is good, but ... isn't it a bit too high-poly ? (Also, the hair should be more "gray"ish than white, IMO)

She will be imported over what character ?
the hair is too high poly (over 5 000 vertices) but if I reduce its number, the model will be very afffected (it originally had over 35 000) but dont worry about it, the filesize problem can be solved by reducing the textures (I saved the model as brawlbox shows; and it says its just over 900 kb)
Im considering on changing the body model for another... I feel that face doesnt really look like nyaruko's... or maybe im just being too perfectionist
over ike, both of them over ike... havent you seen how Nyaruko kills monsters with no mercy using that weapon?...  and you know, kuuko will be for tajima PSA (yay now I have the 6 recolors!) maybe ill make a peach version soon too though

Quote from: Jocky on April 26, 2013, 10:36:17 AM


I'm actually working on my own take on Blood Falcon at the moment (i.e whipping this out from last July).
It's pretty much done, the only problem is that I can't get Falcon's triangle eyes to work.
I don't know what makes them tick the way they do.
They're there in-game, but they don't seem to show over the visor like they're supposed to.

not bad, its coming along real nicely




Well, at least I've learned that the triangle eyes function just fine.
It's the visor itself I think, this is what it looks like when it's set to cull_all.



Is there some way of making the eyeEfa, eyeEfb, and eyeEfc materials always
appear above the visor material?
Like some sort of material "layer" order?

The brawl disc files provide no hint or clue whatsoever.
I've tried making everything as identical as possible.

try just moving the eyes a bit further forward than the visor :/

That is the best damn looking Blood Falcon ever.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


April 26, 2013, 03:57:22 PM #9908 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:59:00 PM by Jocky
I was hoping that someone here knew how those particular materials/polygons even worked, but I guess there's always that option.

@Segtendo: Thank you for the compliment.

Quote from: Kyouma on April 26, 2013, 01:08:02 PM

the hair is too high poly (over 5 000 vertices) but if I reduce its number, the model will be very afffected (it originally had over 35 000) but dont worry about it, the filesize problem can be solved by reducing the textures (I saved the model as brawlbox shows; and it says its just over 900 kb)


A model with that many polygons will lag whether the file size is small or not. It takes about four or five hours to manually cut down that many polygons to a usable level. I just did this on a model the other day. It had 27,500 tris, and after cutting and sewing edges, it now has 6000. And you can barely tell the difference.

It you let Max cut the poly count for you, it always looks terrible. But that doesn't mean dropping the count always makes things look worse, it means Max isn't smart enough to do so without cutting polys you don't want cut. If you cut them yourself, you get to decide which ones stay and which ones go, allowing you to leave the detail where it is most needed and retain the overall shape of the character.


craig modok. a combonation of craig marduk (tekken) & modok (mvc3)
over kirby.
that is all.

Quote from: Kyouma on April 26, 2013, 06:03:16 AM
HEY HEY HEY LOOK AT ME IM ALIVE!





this will rather be my 100th hack, screw vocaloids
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Yes at this post. O:
But the eyes and eyebrows need modifying and the texture.

I'm at least glad this is happening.

Quote from: Jocky on April 26, 2013, 10:36:17 AM

Please tell me I'm not the only one who notice that he's eating Shadow the Hedgehog. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on April 26, 2013, 09:13:23 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who notice that he's eating Shadow the Hedgehog. xD
I couldn't tell at first, but I think he is.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Vaanrose on April 26, 2013, 06:00:06 PM

A model with that many polygons will lag whether the file size is small or not. It takes about four or five hours to manually cut down that many polygons to a usable level. I just did this on a model the other day. It had 27,500 tris, and after cutting and sewing edges, it now has 6000. And you can barely tell the difference.

It you let Max cut the poly count for you, it always looks terrible. But that doesn't mean dropping the count always makes things look worse, it means Max isn't smart enough to do so without cutting polys you don't want cut. If you cut them yourself, you get to decide which ones stay and which ones go, allowing you to leave the detail where it is most needed and retain the overall shape of the character.
would you mind on sending me a tutorial or anything?.. I dont really understand or know any of what youre telling me to do o3oU

Quote from: SmashClash on April 26, 2013, 08:09:55 PM
Yes at this post. O:
But the eyes and eyebrows need modifying and the texture.

I'm at least glad this is happening.
Somebody had to make Nyarlathotep one day....
plus I got inspired with the new season "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W" = P