WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 26, 2013, 06:05:32 AM #11445 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:20:17 AM by Convour
So far so...good? I guess?

I'm starting to dislike how long it takes to rig models. And how hard it is to get it just right. That's not going to stop me from doing it, however.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've only done his waist and below so far. It has some deformations still.

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: Convour on August 26, 2013, 06:05:32 AM
So far so...good? I guess?

I'm starting to dislike how long it takes to rig models. And how hard it is to get it just right. That's not going to stop me from doing it, however.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've only done his waist and below so far. It has some deformations still.

You get used to it, it all boils down to persistence, experimentation and lastly, pacing yourself. I get frustrated as well and I've been doing it for a while :laugh:  Just keep on plugging along. It's looking pretty awesome :P

Quote from: Convour on August 26, 2013, 06:05:32 AM
So far so...good? I guess?

I'm starting to dislike how long it takes to rig models. And how hard it is to get it just right. That's not going to stop me from doing it, however.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've only done his waist and below so far. It has some deformations still.
its all about practice, I used to take weeks for rigging a single model like one year ago, now I take a few hours

lol it takes me like 1-4 days to rig a model (i take my time)... if i dont take breaks, then probably in just a few hours, but even tho i have a life, it takes awhile.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

When I first started it took a couple days for me to get a rig done.

Now it only takes a few hours to a day or two. It all depends on the model.

Quote from: Nanobuds on August 26, 2013, 01:26:36 PM
When I first started it took a couple days for me to get a rig done.

Now it only takes a few hours to a day or two. It all depends on the model.
this, a easy model can be rigged in half an hour with a good quality, after all, it's always the same process, just with minor tweaks that differ from model to model.

August 26, 2013, 01:58:58 PM #11451 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:01:05 PM by Mareeo 64
Quote from: Convour on August 25, 2013, 05:34:15 PM
Who's it going over?
Wario. I wanted to keep it with the existing petey psa
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 25, 2013, 09:30:22 PM
Oh wow, didn't realize that was the Petey model you were doing, that'd be a great addition to the other Petey over Wario hacks. :)
I thought so too :P
Quote from: BabyLuigiOnFire on August 25, 2013, 09:54:02 PM
If you're doing Petey, you should include the yellow version of him as well ^^
The model came with yellow textures, so i plan on it :)

As many said before, rigging becomes easier with practice. If I could avoid distractions and was not busy with other stuff, I could finish an import in a few hours. But since I take breaks and don't work on them everyday It takes some time. Just keep at it.

And btw. He is watching you.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Me I have the ability to hyperfocus and is always able to rig an entire model in one day (though it takes a half hour or so; I never pay attention to the time). But there are days where I want to do something else so I don't touch modeling or Brawl hacking.

btw I'm made Baby Luigi over Olimar.

Thanks guys. I'm glad to see that it'll get easier over time.

That being said, I won't have very much time to do this kind of stuff once school starts in a week. :(

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.


Riders Rouge. Her arm bands don't want to stay in place so I don't know how Im gonna fix that yet. Should I give her one slot smaller hands?

Quote from: joke king on August 26, 2013, 03:17:03 PM
lol bombersnake
Exactly that is how I named the DAE and the file :P

Except for some obvious deformations in the head/propeller, it's basically done!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Thanks to agent-s for directing me to the perfect auto-rig guide. I din't know about it before and basically sped up the process from 2 weeks to 20 minutes.

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Took me a while to rig a model a while back now it takes me a few hours to a day or two depending how focused I am. Mario and Luigi are the easiest characters for me to rig, bowser and a few others are real pain due to the way Nintendo made their backs bend. :P also I never use the auto rig, I'm a perfectionist so it'll bug me when fingers or other parts aren't lined up to the bones and thus make the rig a little of, plus the auto rig usually destroys fingers in the animations because they're so close together. It works on things like legs and arms, but for better rigs, do the fingers and mouth yourself. You'll start getting familiar on how to rig them properly.;)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.