WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 29, 2013, 01:48:38 AM
Also good luck on the Medic, bluenote, looks difficult but don't let that worry you. Who is he over?

...the only brawl character that has an arm cannon. X)
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

That would make sense. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: KTH on August 29, 2013, 01:08:22 AM


Long time no see guys. Back from holidays and time to get back to work.
Flash over Sonic. I'm trying to give him a sexy texture.


goodluck KTH i tried doing that even with bone edits XD definitely getting that :)

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

@KTH: Nice idea, meddle with bones, it is quite fun. I've made some drastic proportion changes and some subtle ones, it is rather fun to do.

@bluenote: Tips for rigging a character. Start rigging everything to HipN, and move from there to child bones, it helps to avoid unwanted weights. Also, you are riging a robot, this makes it much easier since you can use 1.0 weights or "singlebinds". Make sure joints are lined up, since robot joints (if single bound) are noticeable when unaligned. The cape like thingy could be done with skin wrap. And good luck.

Quote from: Iwvi on August 29, 2013, 03:20:01 AM
@bluenote: Tips for rigging a character. Start rigging everything to HipN, and move from there to child bones, it helps to avoid unwanted weights. Also, you are riging a robot, this makes it much easier since you can use 1.0 weights or "singlebinds". Make sure joints are lined up, since robot joints (if single bound) are noticeable when unaligned. The cape like thingy could be done with skin wrap. And good luck.

Thanks, this helps me a lot actually!
I did my best to line up the joints beforehand,  they should be pretty good where they are now.
The "cape like thingy" is the bottom of his lab coat; I don't quite understand what you mean by "could be done with skin wrap." Isn't the skin wrap applied to the entire model?

Ok, that maybe off topic, feel free to message me if you want though.
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

August 29, 2013, 06:19:23 AM #11495 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:36:45 AM by the_randomizer
Anubis over Ike and I must say I did a pretty good job so far, doesn't look half bad, eh? My first ever character hack for Ike, we need more of them. I don't see enough of them for some reason, but I'm gonna change all that!



So yeah, it's pretty much completely rigged, but his sword doesn't follow the animations properly, there shouldn't be two "swords" and I've yet to figure out why. Tried rigging to SwordN and SwordM, in Brawl Box both bones are set as visibility (set to: true), sure it's a PEBKAC error on my part, but yeah, very, very close to completion.  So close to release, it's killing me lol

M is a visability bone, N is a regular bone.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


August 29, 2013, 06:37:08 AM #11497 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:42:10 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Segtendo on August 29, 2013, 06:36:45 AM
M is a visability bone, N is a regular bone.

So I need to hide N in Brawl Box?  Because I see "two" swords and it never follows the sword's path

No matter what I rig it to, it just simply looks off, tried rigging it to both SwordN and SwordM, no dice. But if I understand, I need t use BB and make N no longer visible, right? This is really pissing me off.  >:(

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 29, 2013, 06:19:23 AM
Anubis over Ike and I must say I did a pretty good job so far, doesn't look half bad, eh? My first ever character hack for Ike, we need more of them. I don't see enough of them for some reason, but I'm gonna change all that!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So yeah, it's pretty much completely rigged, but his sword doesn't follow the animations properly, there shouldn't be two "swords" and I've yet to figure out why. Tried rigging to SwordN and SwordM, in Brawl Box both bones are set as visibility (set to: true), sure it's a PEBKAC error on my part, but yeah, very, very close to completion.  Any tips?
That looks pretty awesome! I cannot wait for it to be done! As far as tips go, I cannot really provide any, sorry.


Progress update! Regular and Manly Spongebob are close to being done! I just need to add/do the arms, and then try to find something to use as a bat/stick. I asked permission to use the spatula from the current spongebob hack, but I haven't gotten a response.

Despite what it looks like, they are actually the same size.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

August 29, 2013, 06:42:36 AM #11499 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:07:30 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Convour on August 29, 2013, 06:40:22 AM
That looks pretty awesome! I cannot wait for it to be done! As far as tips go, I cannot really provide any, sorry.


Progress update! Regular and Manly Spongebob are close to being done! I just need to add/do the arms, and then try to find something to use as a bat/stick. I asked permission to use the spatula from the current spongebob hack, but I haven't gotten a response.

Despite what it looks like, they are actually the same size.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Thanks, even though I can't release it until I get the sword issue resolved ROFL :laugh:

I don't think you understand.

Don't edit the bones. As I said in the PM's, go to the OBJECTS folder, click on the sword OBJECT.

Then in the interface box in BBox, find the Visibility bone settings, then set it from TopN to SwordM

In desperate need of help.

No matter what I do, my model will not import into BB. I keep getting "Index out of bounds of the array". And nothing seems to alleviate the problem... As soon as it encounters the objects/polygons, BB crashes.

In desperate need of help.

No matter what I do, my model will not import into BB. I keep getting "Index out of bounds of the array". And nothing seems to alleviate the problem... As soon as it encounters the objects/polygons, BB crashes.

Do you have a skin modifier on each object?

Quote from: Nanobuds on August 29, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
Do you have a skin modifier on each object?

I sure do.