WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: dikekoj on January 05, 2014, 08:34:51 PM
on who?
i made him on yoshi, with tongue and all, just doesnt have an egg model...


Over Yoshi and haha, I haven an egg, but no tongue.


Miiight wanna smooth him out.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on January 05, 2014, 11:45:48 PM
Miiight wanna smooth him out.



I tried, that's as smooth as welding the model can get


Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on January 06, 2014, 01:11:28 AM


I tried, that's as smooth as welding the model can get
No it's not.

Just average the normals.

be carefull with his tail btw, brawl scales it in animations, you want it to look EXACTLY as big as yoshi's tail, or you'll get some serious [censored] going on... xD

digimon... my 2nd favorite childhood anime.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on January 06, 2014, 01:11:28 AM


I tried, that's as smooth as welding the model can get
Use the Smooth modifier, a lot of times if the Weld doesn't do anything, the Smooth will. If not, then I've found that selecting all the faces of the object and detaching it makes it so Weld and Smooth work. I'd avoid TurboSmooth because it lowers the amount of vertices and sometimes makes holes in the model.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 06, 2014, 03:29:43 AM
Use the Smooth modifier, a lot of times if the Weld doesn't do anything, the Smooth will. If not, then I've found that selecting all the faces of the object and detaching it makes it so Weld and Smooth work. I'd avoid TurboSmooth because it lowers the amount of vertices and sometimes makes holes in the model.
Or just average the normals.

Takes 5 seconds :p

So does the Smooth modifier. I was just telling him what he can do if the Weld and Smooth modifiers don't work.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on January 06, 2014, 01:11:28 AM


I tried, that's as smooth as welding the model can get
Just make the different faces use the same smoothing group. Easier and doesn't even need a modifier.

isnt the blocky thing solved by fixing the normals?

Quote from: Kyouma on January 06, 2014, 03:43:31 PM
isnt the blocky thing solved by fixing the normals?

Depends. Smoothing groups define how normals would act in the intersection of faces (vertices). IF a group of four squares do not share a smoothing group, four normals would come out of their common vertex, and they'd point as if every face was a separate object, even if they are a single one. If they have the same smoothing group, a single averaged normal comes out of the vertex. So, if the blockiness is happening because they are separate objects, you'll have to edit normals. If they are the same object, you can just use the smoothing groups (those numbers on the edit mesh/poly modifier). You can also fix it by editing normals, but its more convenient to use smoothing groups when you can.



yay

anyone willing to do some shader/shine/whatever work on him?

Quote from: dikekoj on January 06, 2014, 08:39:28 PM


yay

anyone willing to do some shader/shine/whatever work on him?

Hey, happy birthday, dude! ;D

He Fit Trainer looking great so far. :)