Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4599690 times)
Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13755 on: April 13, 2014, 09:05:30 AM »

Please somebody PSA this and give it a slot for Project M or BrawlEX or something. You'll do the world some justice.

That's the plan, actually. It started off as an update to the existing import over Samus, but the proportions were off just enough for me to not be satisfied with just an import.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13756 on: April 13, 2014, 09:22:34 AM »

That's the plan, actually. It started off as an update to the existing import over Samus, but the proportions were off just enough for me to not be satisfied with just an import.

If I may, Gamma, I think it would do Dark Samus a bit of good to have the gray and black parts of her texture darkened a fair bit, so there's more contrast between her and the stage, adding a light Falcon-esque specular would do wonders too (though that'll require some work).

Rig's looking good though.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #13757 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »

If I may, Gamma, I think it would do Dark Samus a bit of good to have the gray and black parts of her texture darkened a fair bit, so there's more contrast between her and the stage, adding a light Falcon-esque specular would do wonders too (though that'll require some work).

She might need more contrast, but as I've said on multiple occasions, I'm no good with textures. I'm pretty satisfied with how she looks at the moment, but maybe down the line that would be something to work on. I don't want to get too muddled with model and texture things, since that is always what stops me from making any progress.

I don't see why she needs more specularity, though, she already has reflectivity and shine.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13758 on: April 13, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »

She might need more contrast, but as I've said on multiple occasions, I'm no good with textures. I'm pretty satisfied with how she looks at the moment, but maybe down the line that would be something to work on. I don't want to get too muddled with model and texture things, since that is always what stops me from making any progress.

I don't see why she needs more specularity, though, she already has reflectivity and shine.

Well, darkening her texture would be a rather simple matter. All you need to do is open Photoshop, duplicate the texture layer, set it t Multiply Mode (which darkens the layer beneath it), then selectively erase where the texture gets too dark.

As for specularity. Namely for details sake. Dark Samus' body isn't made of metal, it's made of something akin to a chitinous, like it's original form Metroid Prime did, and a specular map would do wonders to convey that. That's just my opinion though. Your model, your call, man.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #13759 on: April 13, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »

Yeah, I... I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Yo! Yoooooooo!

I love your tits so much right now. Im srs here Let me squeeze them!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #13760 on: April 13, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »

As for specularity. Namely for details sake. Dark Samus' body isn't made of metal, it's made of something akin to a chitinous, like it's original form Metroid Prime did, and a specular map would do wonders to convey that. That's just my opinion though. Your model, your call, man.

I suppose, I'm just going with what the developers gave me. The materials aren't final, I may look into it down the line.

Yo! Yoooooooo!

I love your tits so much right now. Im srs here Let me squeeze them!

They're all yours~

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13761 on: April 13, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »

I'd love to PSA it if no ones offered to do so Im srs here

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

xX_TheTerror_Xx
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13762 on: April 13, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »

I've made a greninja custom model but  im having trouble getting him into brawl

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

Afraid my dear? There nothing to be afraid of ...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13763 on: April 13, 2014, 03:25:32 PM »

I grew a little tired of working on Cammy's outfit (i go back to it though), so to change my mind i've start working on a project i hadn't touch in a while during this week. Please tell me, is this "way past cool" or not:

Remember when i that said my next project was going to be a Sonic character well here she is: Princess Sally "Alicia" Acorn. As you can see it's a VERY VERY early preview but i thought it was worth sharing. There still a lot of work to do (mainly texture wise) but i'm really pround of what i've done so far. Yes, i use Krystal as a base cause I always thought they look a lot a like. Also, i wanted to pay a tribute to an hacker/moder that no longer part of this community that i was a big fan of : Bav/Pav/Pavlova who made a lot of epic cute fan character using Krystal model as a base.

Also, I based her mostly on CCN design of Sally, if you are wondering:

I know, Still work to do Wink !

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:03:21 PM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

xX_TheTerror_Xx
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13764 on: April 13, 2014, 03:56:27 PM »

I grew a little tired of working on Cammy's outfit (i go back to it though), so to change my mind i've start working on a project i hadn't touch in a while during this week. Please tell me, is this "way past cool" or not:

Remember when i said my next project was going to be a Sonic character well here she is: Princess Sally "Alicia" Acorn. As you can see it's a VERY VERY early preview but i thought it was worth sharing. There still a lot of work to do (mainly texture wise) but i'm really pround of what i've done so far. Yes, i use Krystal as a base cause I always thought they look a lot a like. Also, i wanted to pay a tribute to an hacker/moder that no longer part of this community that i was a big fan of : Bav/Pav/Pavlova.

Also, I based her mostly on CCN design of Sally, if you are wondering:

I know, Still work to do Wink !

Awesomeness

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13765 on: April 13, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »

Working on a custom Greninja model as well.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13766 on: April 13, 2014, 04:11:45 PM »

lol everyone is working on custom greninja models i have seen like e in development , may the best one win xD

gamma if you really want to make dark samus brawlex someone would need to port the model over a brawlex character since samus will most likely never be brawlexed due to having his rel shared.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #13767 on: April 13, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »

I'd love to PSA it if no ones offered to do so Im srs here

Well, no one's offered, and I wouldn't mind the help. I'll let you know.

gamma if you really want to make dark samus brawlex someone would need to port the model over a brawlex character since samus will most likely never be brawlexed due to having his rel shared.

Yeah, the idea was to port her over someone who was portable, I just need a list of characters that are. I'll look into that eventually.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13768 on: April 13, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »

Yeah, the idea was to port her over someone who was portable, I just need a list of characters that are. I'll look into that eventually.
    Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Marth, Metaknight, Peach, Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, Jigglypuff, Snake, Sonic, Wolf.

*Hides behind desk*

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #13769 on: April 13, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »

Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Marth, Metaknight, Peach, Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, Jigglypuff, Snake, Sonic, Wolf.

*Hides behind desk*

Pages:  1 ... 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: