WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xenozoa425 on April 13, 2014, 02:56:33 PM
Please somebody PSA this and give it a slot for Project M or BrawlEX or something. You'll do the world some justice.

That's the plan, actually. It started off as an update to the existing import over Samus, but the proportions were off just enough for me to not be satisfied with just an import.

Quote from: Gravity on April 13, 2014, 03:05:30 PM
That's the plan, actually. It started off as an update to the existing import over Samus, but the proportions were off just enough for me to not be satisfied with just an import.

If I may, Gamma, I think it would do Dark Samus a bit of good to have the gray and black parts of her texture darkened a fair bit, so there's more contrast between her and the stage, adding a light Falcon-esque specular would do wonders too (though that'll require some work).

Rig's looking good though.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on April 13, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
If I may, Gamma, I think it would do Dark Samus a bit of good to have the gray and black parts of her texture darkened a fair bit, so there's more contrast between her and the stage, adding a light Falcon-esque specular would do wonders too (though that'll require some work).

She might need more contrast, but as I've said on multiple occasions, I'm no good with textures. I'm pretty satisfied with how she looks at the moment, but maybe down the line that would be something to work on. I don't want to get too muddled with model and texture things, since that is always what stops me from making any progress.

I don't see why she needs more specularity, though, she already has reflectivity and shine.

Quote from: Gravity on April 13, 2014, 03:27:39 PM
She might need more contrast, but as I've said on multiple occasions, I'm no good with textures. I'm pretty satisfied with how she looks at the moment, but maybe down the line that would be something to work on. I don't want to get too muddled with model and texture things, since that is always what stops me from making any progress.

I don't see why she needs more specularity, though, she already has reflectivity and shine.

Well, darkening her texture would be a rather simple matter. All you need to do is open Photoshop, duplicate the texture layer, set it t Multiply Mode (which darkens the layer beneath it), then selectively erase where the texture gets too dark.

As for specularity. Namely for details sake. Dark Samus' body isn't made of metal, it's made of something akin to a chitinous, like it's original form Metroid Prime did, and a specular map would do wonders to convey that. That's just my opinion though. Your model, your call, man.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Gravity on April 13, 2014, 05:28:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Yo! Yoooooooo!

I love your tits so much right now. :srs: Let me squeeze them!

Quote from: Velen on April 13, 2014, 03:43:53 PM
As for specularity. Namely for details sake. Dark Samus' body isn't made of metal, it's made of something akin to a chitinous, like it's original form Metroid Prime did, and a specular map would do wonders to convey that. That's just my opinion though. Your model, your call, man.

I suppose, I'm just going with what the developers gave me. The materials aren't final, I may look into it down the line.

Quote from: Beyond on April 13, 2014, 04:39:52 PM


Yo! Yoooooooo!

I love your tits so much right now. :srs: Let me squeeze them!

They're all yours~

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Gravity on April 13, 2014, 03:05:30 PM
That's the plan, actually. It started off as an update to the existing import over Samus, but the proportions were off just enough for me to not be satisfied with just an import.

I'd love to PSA it if no ones offered to do so :srs:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've made a greninja custom model but  im having trouble getting him into brawl

[spoiler]








April 13, 2014, 09:25:32 PM #13763 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:03:21 PM by SonicUnderground316
I grew a little tired of working on Cammy's outfit (i go back to it though), so to change my mind i've start working on a project i hadn't touch in a while during this week. Please tell me, is this "way past cool" or not:



Remember when i that said my next project was going to be a Sonic character well here she is: Princess Sally "Alicia" Acorn. As you can see it's a VERY VERY early preview but i thought it was worth sharing. There still a lot of work to do (mainly texture wise) but i'm really pround of what i've done so far. Yes, i use Krystal as a base cause I always thought they look a lot a like. Also, i wanted to pay a tribute to an hacker/moder that no longer part of this community that i was a big fan of : Bav/Pav/Pavlova who made a lot of epic cute fan character using Krystal model as a base.

Also, I based her mostly on CCN design of Sally, if you are wondering:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I know, Still work to do ;) !
お前はもう死んでいる。

Quote from: SonicUnderground316 on April 13, 2014, 09:25:32 PM
I grew a little tired of working on Cammy's outfit (i go back to it though), so to change my mind i've start working on a project i hadn't touch in a while during this week. Please tell me, is this "way past cool" or not:



Remember when i said my next project was going to be a Sonic character well here she is: Princess Sally "Alicia" Acorn. As you can see it's a VERY VERY early preview but i thought it was worth sharing. There still a lot of work to do (mainly texture wise) but i'm really pround of what i've done so far. Yes, i use Krystal as a base cause I always thought they look a lot a like. Also, i wanted to pay a tribute to an hacker/moder that no longer part of this community that i was a big fan of : Bav/Pav/Pavlova.

Also, I based her mostly on CCN design of Sally, if you are wondering:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I know, Still work to do ;) !


Awesomeness

Working on a custom Greninja model as well.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

lol everyone is working on custom greninja models i have seen like e in development , may the best one win xD

gamma if you really want to make dark samus brawlex someone would need to port the model over a brawlex character since samus will most likely never be brawlexed due to having his rel shared.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on April 13, 2014, 06:35:41 PM
I'd love to PSA it if no ones offered to do so :srs:

Well, no one's offered, and I wouldn't mind the help. I'll let you know.

Quote from: Carnage on April 13, 2014, 10:11:45 PM
gamma if you really want to make dark samus brawlex someone would need to port the model over a brawlex character since samus will most likely never be brawlexed due to having his rel shared.

Yeah, the idea was to port her over someone who was portable, I just need a list of characters that are. I'll look into that eventually.

Quote from: Gravity on April 13, 2014, 10:26:03 PM
Yeah, the idea was to port her over someone who was portable, I just need a list of characters that are. I'll look into that eventually.
Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Marth, Metaknight, Peach, Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, Jigglypuff, Snake, Sonic, Wolf.

...
*Hides behind desk*
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on April 13, 2014, 10:30:19 PM
Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Mario, Marth, Metaknight, Peach, Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, Jigglypuff, Snake, Sonic, Wolf.

...
*Hides behind desk*