WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: br3compactor on May 24, 2014, 11:52:02 PM
I'm not a fan of Touhou (I don't even understand most of it), but I respect its fans.

It's probably the most impressing fandom I've ever seen. Touhou is literally EVERYWHERE.

And considering its from a game series which doesnt belong to a big company (actually one single guy "ZUN" makes the whole games by himself) it makes it more impressive

aaaanyway I dont like to post on this thread without showing at least one preview

Ive been watching too much Lum recently

So I finished up Dark Link and I now finished this:



Upside - It's mostly rigged. Needs leg improvements

Downside - too [censored]ing high poly

Another downside - I tried using Tri-stripper and it did nothing. So it's either that o rme

Yet another downside - ProOptimizer doesn't do enough

:notimp:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Did you use the wield already?

Quote from: Kyouma on May 25, 2014, 01:58:34 AM
Did you use the wield already?

I used a vertex weld threshold of 0.2 and it deformed it too much. Even after smoothing it out.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you should use it on 0.01

Quote from: Kyouma on May 25, 2014, 02:03:36 AM
you should use it on 0.01

That along with Smooth, got it to 29, 478 polys.

I'm pretty sure that's still too high.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm not gonna comment on that Protoman...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

It doesn't look like it should deform it too much if you ProOptimized it.

Quote from: Velen on May 25, 2014, 02:23:44 AM
I'm not gonna comment on that Protoman...

Great post, real insightful, 10/10



Optimized at 50%



Optimized at 25% (so that'd be 75% reduction iirc)

Going to bump it up (or down) to 35% and then see what I can do from there.



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 25, 2014, 02:39:08 AM #14455 Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:41:38 AM by Velen
Quote from: Gravity on May 25, 2014, 02:27:23 AM
Great post, real insightful, 10/10

Oh wow, sarcasm, not like we need more of it. Oh wait.

Would you rather I tear his model apart with a scathing critique? Remember what happened the last time I did that?

Yeah. No. I would like to avoid repeating that particular piece of stupid, thank you, so run along and take your wholly unnecessary sarcasm elsewhere and stop being a total jerk purely for the sake of it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Have you tried using this method? It's a lot more time consuming, but it'll give you more control over what stays and what goes.

Unless your model is obscenely high poly, in which case you're better off making a lower-poly version from scratch.

Quote from: Velen on May 25, 2014, 02:39:08 AM
Would you rather I tear his model apart with a scathing critique? Remember what happened the last time I did that?

There is a middle ground, y'know

Quote from: Gravity on May 25, 2014, 02:40:34 AM
There is a middle ground, y'know

It's called I have nothing good to say about it, so I would rather keep my mouth shut. Ever heard of it?

Guess not.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Tidus on May 25, 2014, 02:36:43 AMGoing to bump it up (or down) to 35% and then see what I can do from there.
Yeah, it still looks good like that, so I would just say ProOptimize it to that, then use edit mesh to move the vertexes around to make it look like the original.

Quote from: Velen on May 25, 2014, 02:39:08 AM
Oh wow, sarcasm, not like we need more of it. Oh wait.

Would you rather I tear his model apart with a scathing critique? Remember what happened the last time I did that?

Yeah. No. I would like to avoid repeating that particular piece of stupid, thank you, so run along and take your wholly unnecessary sarcasm elsewhere and stop being a total jerk purely for the sake of it.

Velen, I appreciate your concern. Aside from the fact that we all act like adults here and should be able to take criticism, the model isn't even mine :P

Quote from: Gravity on May 25, 2014, 02:40:34 AM

Unless your model is obscenely high poly, in which case you're better off making a lower-poly version from scratch.

I would if I had time to learn how to make low poly models. But I really need to work on Programming. Right now, I'm just doing stuff I can do quickly. Like:



That guy's sword.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.