WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: mnsg on July 26, 2014, 09:04:59 PM
To be fair, there were more rig mistakes that just the mouth.  I did bring the issues up several months ago, but they apparently fell on deaf ears.  At least the shoulders were fixed up.
The neck and dress come to mind, but I think that's it.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on July 26, 2014, 06:08:16 PM
Wait, you have Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?
No, was just pointing out that it's textures for that game.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 26, 2014, 10:17:08 PM
No, was just pointing out that it's textures for that game.

Super Paper Mario works different, probably because of its 2d-2.5d-3d enginee. The texture are over a 2d model in the character format.

Here's some progress on my Robin

July 27, 2014, 01:54:33 AM #15664 Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:58:09 AM by SatoshiKura
Quote from: russmarrs2 on July 27, 2014, 01:13:23 AM
Here's some progress on my Robin


Ooooh, that looks very nice! The only thing I can see that could use a touch-up is the hair, it looks sort of strange.. I think it might be the texture.

Also, a bit unrelated to SSBB (It is related to Robin, though), but I finished this last night....
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i finished my first variant of the rig.

static coat version.

i know people don't usually like long coats to be static, but it still feels more logical to me than magically following the legs, tomorrow i'll end the rigged coat version and i'll be done, all that would be left are some minor texture adjustments, and maybe some last hour UV edits if it's needed.

Quote from: SatoshiKura on July 27, 2014, 01:54:33 AM
and threw it in Skyrim! Sorry for off-topicness, I just needed to show the thing.

lol, over what weapon?

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 27, 2014, 02:02:09 AM
i finished my first variant of the rig.

static coat version.

i know people don't usually like long coats to be static, but it still feels more logical to me than magically following the legs, tomorrow i'll end the rigged coat version and i'll be done, all that would be left are some minor texture adjustments, and maybe some last hour UV edits if it's needed.

Agreed on the leg-following thing, I'd rather it have bones or something hooked up to the coat's tail. ....That can be done, right? I'd assume it'd be like duplicating the cape bones, making their parent the Hip bone, and setting them around the coat's tail. I've never tried doing anything like that before, but if it works, that would be awesome!

Also, the Levin sword doesn't replace a weapon in Skyrim, it's actually its own thing. Lightning enchantment and everything!

I am progressing.



Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on July 27, 2014, 03:52:27 AM
I am progressing.

[spoiler]
Indeed. That was a good idea to use Pit as a base... lol.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Saw a request to put the previusly made femele captain falcon (by ShadowLuigi I believe) over the actual captain falcon. Since I was bored, I took it upon me to do this. I ended up redoing the model. I did HORRIBLE things to both falcon and ZSS to get her over his frame. I gave up and had to use bone edits though, but indexes should be pretty much the same, so perfectly playable. Still needs materials and done.


July 27, 2014, 03:24:32 PM #15671 Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:28:24 PM by Velen
Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on July 27, 2014, 03:52:27 AM
I am progressing.



Sadly. This is where I need to get critical IMO.

I really think it would've been easier on you to just make the models for his boots and such from scratch, ShadowLuigi. Namely because the design of his boots are so simple. They're just two cylinders with a spike protruding from the front on top of the joint where the foot bends.

His gauntlet on his left hand is the same way. A simple cylinder. His right hand will be trickier since it's not a gauntlet but just a bracelet with flames coming out of it toward the elbow.

I also think the Hair would benefit from being made from scratch and being styled as one piece like Peach's hair is.

It doesn't look so bad otherwise so far.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Iwvi on July 27, 2014, 01:40:06 PM
Saw a request to put the previusly made femele captain falcon (by ShadowLuigi I believe) over the actual captain falcon. Since I was bored, I took it upon me to do this. I ended up redoing the model. I did HORRIBLE things to both falcon and ZSS to get her over his frame. I gave up and had to use bone edits though, but indexes should be pretty much the same, so perfectly playable. Still needs materials and done.

Would a size mod have helped?


Quote from: Velen on July 27, 2014, 03:24:32 PM
Sadly. This is where I need to get critical IMO.

I really think it would've been easier on you to just make the models for his boots and such from scratch, ShadowLuigi. Namely because the design of his boots are so simple. They're just two cylinders with a spike protruding from the front on top of the joint where the foot bends.

His gauntlet on his left hand is the same way. A simple cylinder. His right hand will be trickier since it's not a gauntlet but just a bracelet with flames coming out of it toward the elbow.

I also think the Hair would benefit from being made from scratch and being styled as one piece like Peach's hair is.

It doesn't look so bad otherwise so far.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Okay. So I've quickly put a comparison image of both versions that I am rigging and there are a few key differences that had nearly slipped my mind. The large spikes are far below the knees, the hair is at a different angle with a different shape all together. I agree that I should just make the hair one piece as that would save face count and file size. I brought up a concept art picture and his legs were just completely off. It's a shame that I, as a MMSF, fan did not catch that at all. Thank you for the heads up, tips, and compliment.


Quote from: Iwvi on July 27, 2014, 01:40:06 PM
Saw a request to put the previusly made femele captain falcon (by ShadowLuigi I believe) over the actual captain falcon. Since I was bored, I took it upon me to do this. I ended up redoing the model. I did HORRIBLE things to both falcon and ZSS to get her over his frame. I gave up and had to use bone edits though, but indexes should be pretty much the same, so perfectly playable. Still needs materials and done.

send me the .max you have, I want to give it a try