WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 13, 2014, 09:53:29 PM #16260 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:45:23 PM by russmarrs2
Nice job, that's going to be awesome.

Some more Dr. Mario love. :D

Sorry it took a while, spent a few hours watching YouTube videos. It didn't take that long to make the new scope-thingy. lol
Also, just a tiny thing based off one of the differences between the two original hacks.


Anyways, now to work on recolors....after a couple more YouTube videos. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

this fate of meguca
fate of all meguca..


Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 14, 2014, 12:19:27 AM
this fate of meguca
fate of all meguca..

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Over Snake, I'd hope. (:

Nice.


Quote from: the_randomizer on September 13, 2014, 05:24:25 PM
So combine the dark and light scales into a different layers? Then mess with layers' transparency/opacity?  Could you further elaborate? This better be worth it...
I think what he's trying to get at, or at least what I'd recommend, is something called "ambient occlusion". In short, that's just a term for adding shadows to places where shadows typically appear in nearly all lighting situations (such as defining muscle creases or where his lower torso and pants intersect, for instance). Brawl textures to this a lot and it's very noticeable, but most probably don't know a term for it. It's easier to do this on a different layer above the texture in the texture's .psd file to prevent messing with the original texture.


Quote from: Kage Ryu on September 14, 2014, 06:10:40 AM
Over Snake, I'd hope. (:

Nice.

I think what he's trying to get at, or at least what I'd recommend, is something called "ambient occlusion". In short, that's just a term for adding shadows to places where shadows typically appear in nearly all lighting situations (such as defining muscle creases or where his lower torso and pants intersect, for instance). Brawl textures to this a lot and it's very noticeable, but most probably don't know a term for it. It's easier to do this on a different layer above the texture in the texture's .psd file to prevent messing with the original texture.

Yeah, he PMed the details on what I'm to do and I get the general idea, but getting it just right is proving to be very tedious and difficult. One thing I won't do is adding spec maps or shine as doing that to all the textures on him will not be easy, heh.

Quote from: Kage Ryu on September 14, 2014, 06:10:40 AM
Over Snake, I'd hope. (:

Nice.
yep, im on a homera mood so I have planned on making:
-regular homura over snake
-moemura over peach
-end of madoka homura over pit (the bow one)
-akuma homura over ganon probably


Quote from: Nαnobuds on September 15, 2014, 12:55:51 AM
Beyond sent me a toy.

https://imgur.com/a/EqoMV

BEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND

It looks amazing!

Beyond Amazing, if I do say so myself :srs:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

why did he take so long?

I was wrong about the previous version being his Melee outfit, still including it though because it's technically a Brawl version, but here's the real Melee outfit.

So yah, three versions of SM64 Dr. Mario, but hey, it adds variety, and it's not like you need to use BrawlEx to use every costume I'm including in the download...not a bad idea, but I'm not going to force anyone to do that [censored]. :srs:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Beyond just stole the pants I was about to change in to.
God dammit man.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Nαnobuds on September 15, 2014, 12:55:51 AM
Beyond sent me a toy.

https://imgur.com/a/EqoMV
Tell Beyond he owes me more underwear again.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 15, 2014, 01:03:36 AM
why did he take so long?
Because it takes time to make a good quality model.

And he's Beyond. Its how he rolllllsss

For a sec I thought link was gonna keep drinking tea with the rest of beyonds mods. Nice to see work on it continues.

A mod I wish to work on after I work on Kritter (getting ahead of myself, I know lol), that being said...thank you, symmetry mod!