WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Shulk on October 21, 2014, 11:29:37 PM


And Link has VIS0, right?
No, he uses shp0, which is a bit more confusing and sometimes irritating to get to work. You have to make the other faces like normal, but when importing, make sure "Force float vertices" is checked. Next you have to rename the vertex nodes to the same as Link's (ex: "FitLink00_FaceM__FitLink00_FitLink_Face"), then you delete the other face polygons. BrawlBox askes if you want to delete the corresponding vertex nodes, click no. Now test in the model preview if the face changes in animations like any of the damage ones. If it works, make sure to test ingame as well, sometimes it'll work in BB but the model will explode in game or something, but I think having the "Force float vertices" solves that problem so you might not need to worry about that.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

why is goku being rigged over link?

Hai, Giry! :3 (Clearly unfinished)


Lovely Lip!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on October 22, 2014, 11:02:14 PM
Lovely Lip!

I can't take the credit. Taigiry made it, commend her for the model. All I'm doing was rigging it. ;) And I was wrong to blame the poly count for the delay. The game loads her just fine. I guess I was too absorbed in my own stuff. D:

I remember it's Taigiry's xD
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I intend to make a PSA for this later. :)

And then it's back to Miku. :3

Quote from: Gamidame_K on October 22, 2014, 10:02:31 PM
why is goku being rigged over link?

He has the largest file size to work with.

Literally, the only reason.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Shulk on October 22, 2014, 11:59:48 PM
He has the largest file size to work with.

Literally, the only reason.
Is the model high-poly? If it's for having huge textures then I say put him over Captain Falcon or something since there aren't any Goku PSAs over Link....right?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on October 23, 2014, 02:20:10 AM
Is the model high-poly? If it's for having huge textures then I say put him over Captain Falcon or something since there aren't any Goku PSAs over Link....right?

I'd be making my own :P

And I also want him to have models/model changers for SSJ1, SSJ3, SSJ4, (and possibly Super Saiyan God) plus different special moves for all forms (and hopefully 2 FS's for each form).

I need all the space I can get :P

The problem is finding the models for SSJ3 and 4. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dude, captain falcon's filesize (929 kb) is bigger than link's (415 kb) d_d;

Quote from: Gamidame_K on October 23, 2014, 02:37:46 AM
dude, captain falcon's filesize (929 kb) is bigger than link's (415 kb) d_d;

Captain Falcon - 252 KB
Largest: 387 KB
Too Large:
Possible Room: 135 KB+
-Motion-
Largest: 3.80 MB

Link - 397 KB
Largest: 507 KB
Too Large:
Possible Room: 110 KB+
-Motion-
Largest - 4098 kb

I talked to KJP about it too. The PSA is going to be HEAVY, so I need as much space as I can get.

That and Link has projectiles (that can be reflected), along with his FS which I can use for other moves.

Anyways, anyone have some interesting projects they'd like to bring up? Like Gamidame's Shrek lol


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Shulk on October 23, 2014, 02:47:36 AM
Anyways, anyone have some interesting projects they'd like to bring up? Like Gamidame's Shrek lol

Yep I do.

Something me, Zaard and The_Randomizer's been working on for Halloween. At least we tried to be creative, unlike these Original the Characters...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: Shulk on October 23, 2014, 02:47:36 AM
Captain Falcon - 252 KB
Largest: 387 KB
Too Large:
Possible Room: 135 KB+
-Motion-
Largest: 3.80 MB

Link - 397 KB
Largest: 507 KB
Too Large:
Possible Room: 110 KB+
-Motion-
Largest - 4098 kb

I talked to KJP about it too. The PSA is going to be HEAVY, so I need as much space as I can get.

That and Link has projectiles (that can be reflected), along with his FS which I can use for other moves.

Anyways, anyone have some interesting projects they'd like to bring up? Like Gamidame's Shrek lol
ahh nvm then, I thought you were talking about the model lol

Quote from: Shulk on October 23, 2014, 02:27:41 AM
I'd be making my own :P

And I also want him to have models/model changers for SSJ1, SSJ3, SSJ4, (and possibly Super Saiyan God) plus different special moves for all forms (and hopefully 2 FS's for each form).

I need all the space I can get :P

The problem is finding the models for SSJ3 and 4. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something.
I hope I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Mariodk's moveset, especially since he has a Goku update in the works...I'm not trying to discourage you from making the moveset, but you should probably look at Mariodk's and try to think of a different moveset, I mean aren't there tons of possible moves that could be used in a Goku moveset? It's just that if your moveset is really similar to Mariodk's, it will either not be downloaded as much, or people will compare your moveset to Mariodk's. There'll be comparisons no matter what, but if your moveset has different attacks, that will benefit it, and will make it more likely for people to download your version.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.