Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1213 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 1219 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4627220 times)
Pik
Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18225 on: February 17, 2015, 04:19:22 PM »

Yeah, we need to stop the "me first!" attitude with Smash 4 imports, you aren't getting street cred if you rush stuff out

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18226 on: February 17, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »

Yeah, we need to stop the "me first!" attitude with Smash 4 imports, you aren't getting street cred if you rush stuff out
    this is the second reason why the only sm4sh import I would make was Ashley, there are other characters from there which I would like to import (like wii fit trainer) but I would leave it to better importers
    maybe you guys should make a thread about a list "saving" characters specifically for certain users depending who claims that will import it; indeed its a bad idea because it would help to change this troublesome idea, but at least would organize it and avoid the repeat of imports welp idk
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:40:43 PM by Gamidame_K » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18227 on: February 17, 2015, 05:26:06 PM »

i think this is getting blown out of proportion, and is actually starting to enter a low status of flame posting, any user has the right to make their mods however they want, it's a hobby, we're not getting paid for it, and if anyone feels like a mod is good to go, it's HIS decision, nobody else's.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #18228 on: February 17, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »

If only we did get paid for this, closest we can get is if we made YouTube videos with them and were partnered to get money from the ads *dream job*

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #18229 on: February 17, 2015, 05:43:04 PM »

I just dont see why someone as capable as Leon would release an unfinished model.

Unless hes a download whore, and just wants the quick downloads for a WiiU Shadow model. That's the only explanation I see for unfinished imports by one that knows how to do it the right way.

EDIT: I looked at the model more... what the hell were you thinkin Leon? The normals are way messed up on the mouth and gloves. The gloves have no texture shading whatsoever, and they're even Brawl Sonic's gloves. There is no need to make a new texture. You couldnt even map them to a simple 128x128 texture? Its just copying and pasting the hand textures into a blank texture. That easy. This isn't a matter of lack of skill to make a quality model. Its just pure laziness.

Why add to the half-assed, [censored]ty submissions to the vault? You're an experienced, long-time member of this dying community. I would expect someone with you to have a bit more pride in your work. Its pathetic.
    well sorry for me not being a model importer whore im not as amazing as you i make like what maybe 1 or 3 models in like a year or 2 im more of a psaer i leave this crap to people like you also like i said im not that good at model importing  i finally learned how to fix the normals on the mouth so yeah

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #18230 on: February 17, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »

well sorry for me not being a model importer whore im not as amazing as you i make like what maybe 1 or 3 models in like a year or 2 im more of a psaer i leave this crap to people like you also like i said im not that good at model importing  i finally learned how to fix the normals on the mouth so yeah
    Then take the time and learn how to fix the issues then. Instead of rushing to release, ask around to fix the obvious problems. I'm trying to help you become a better importer.

Look at iwantgames. His Samus model took what, a year(?) to do. Why? He took the time to make it good. He took the time to ask around for help when he needed it. And look how it turned out. Its one of the best models on the Vault, and it was one of the first things he did.

This is the problem with the Vault these days. People are just rushing into things. They aren't taking the time to ask for help, or to make things look good. Not amazing, but good. I understand that people lack the skill and experience to make amazing models and textures like Pik or StarWaffle.

However, in this situation, it wasn't the lack of skill that upset me. It was the lack of patience.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:27:36 PM by Nαnobuds » Logged

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18231 on: February 17, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »

Then take the time and learn how to fix the issues then. Instead of rushing to release, ask around to fix the obvious problems. I'm trying to help you become a better importer.

Look at iwantgames. His Samus model took what, a year(?) to do. Why? He took the time to make it good. He took the time to ask around for help when he needed it. And look how it turned out. Its one of the best models on the Vault, and it was one of the first things he did.

This is the problem with the Vault these days. People are just rushing into things. They aren't taking the time to ask for help, or to make things look good. Not amazing, but good. I understand that people lack the skill and experience to make amazing models and textures like Pik or StarWaffle.

However, in this situation, it wasn't the lack of skill that upset me. It was the lack of patience.
    This is honestly like half of the reason I retired. People lack the patience and the desire to problem solve. While I understand importing has it's own challenges, I became fed up with it because I felt that people used it as a quick fix to get what they wanted into the game with minimal effort.

After a few years, I see that there are people that hav eproven me wrong, and proven me incredibly right.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #18232 on: February 17, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »

This is honestly like half of the reason I retired. People lack the patience and the desire to problem solve. While I understand importing has it's own challenges, I became fed up with it because I felt that people used it as a quick fix to get what they wanted into the game with minimal effort.

After a few years, I see that there are people that hav eproven me wrong, and proven me incredibly right.

RIP the good old Vertexing days. I wish I was into modeling more back then.

EDIT: Anyways, enough with the nonesense. I did a thing.

EDIT2: A way to have the duck look more alive, and not as static..
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:34:53 PM by Nαnobuds » Logged

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #18233 on: February 17, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »

How does the duck look during animations?

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #18234 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46:40 PM »

That's pretty clever ^

Now seeing as Leon is a PSA kind of guy, I guess I'll do my own Sm4sh Shadow and also add in all the essentials.

Yes, the "Shadow" in my name meant Shth. So being that and not having put up a Shadow mod in Brawl ever is kind of odd, but this shall be my first.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #18235 on: February 17, 2015, 08:56:35 PM »

How does the duck look during animations?
    Not bad at all. I'll post a gif when I'm done tweaking it.

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18236 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:46 PM »

Are you leaving the vine-whips as they are, or do you have something planned?

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18237 on: February 17, 2015, 09:01:34 PM »

thanks, it was a few months almost a year.

was doing the original other m samus first, laptop died, got new one, restarted original other m suits, smash 4 was shown, started smash 4. smash 4 took a couple of months because everyone who was working on it was busy with college. then we encounter problems nobody had, and life stuff and other stuff.

same thing is happening with link. college, life, my wii u, and his multiple outfits. that's why I am planning to start an upload and update with outfits as I finish. I am stopping work on deity so I can work on and include his default costume in the pack before uploading. other two that will be included are SS and OoT DLCs

EDIT: Anyways, enough with the nonesense. I did a thing.

lol, that static bird. looks good though.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #18238 on: February 17, 2015, 09:02:08 PM »

Are you leaving the vine-whips as they are, or do you have something planned?
    Probably leashes. Best idea I can think of.

EDIT: OOOORRR NES controller/cord in one vine, and the NES Zapper/cord in the other. That would be freaky.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:05:27 PM by Nαnobuds » Logged

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18239 on: February 17, 2015, 09:04:42 PM »

Who let that dog and duck into Freddy's?

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Pages:  1 ... 1213 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 1219 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: