WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

WIP of a model for a boss psa I want to try and make.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

What about the OoT 3DS one?

Quote from: Draco on February 22, 2015, 08:00:49 PM
What about the OoT 3DS one?
I havent been able to get my hands on it
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Onii-chan on February 22, 2015, 08:05:23 PM
I havent been able to get my hands on it

Another solution could be to build a new model over it if you feel up to it to substitute for the OoT3D model.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: TurboChaos on February 20, 2015, 06:43:42 PM
Also does anyone know if this method is still relevant?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=48745.0
BlackJax made a shader that puts an outline on models without having to do all that.

Quote from: Velen on February 22, 2015, 08:41:43 PM
Another solution could be to build a new model over it if you feel up to it to substitute for the OoT3D model.
thats true. I would prefer the actual one but i could learn how to make things in 3ds max.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 22, 2015, 04:40:44 AM
Thanks. Yes and no. He is nearly completed with the exception of reflection for his shoes. Currently I'm trying different methods to avoid the texture on it being still and unresponsive to the rotation of the camera.
If you need help with it, just shoot me a PM.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on February 23, 2015, 12:27:12 AM
If you need help with it, just shoot me a PM.
It could be one of the env, im pretty sure. You know how sonic has a env where it makes his shoes shiny or not? Thats what i mean.
retired

Quote from: SonicTheBrawlhog on February 23, 2015, 01:01:09 AM
It could be one of the env, im pretty sure. You know how sonic has a env where it makes his shoes shiny or not? Thats what i mean.
This isn't Sonic though. It's a completely new import, so Sonic's materials don't even matter in this situation.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on February 23, 2015, 01:18:31 AM
This isn't Sonic though. It's a completely new import, so Sonic's materials don't even matter in this situation.
Oh
retired

Quote from: AdfroMan on February 22, 2015, 10:25:15 PM
BlackJax made a shader that puts an outline on models without having to do all that.
wasnt that thing buggy though?
idk so im asking.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Work in progress, my first proper attempt at making a costume (If you don't count Skyward Sheik, which I'm also doing a full update on because she has a lot of issues I need to fix), using Smash4 Lucina's Awakening costume and mixing it with Marth, because I love Awakening Marth's costume.

Still got some ways to go, Kept the Hands and using an updated Smash 3 head & sword for this to give it a new vibe, I also re-worked the area around the neck as Marth has a wider neck than Lucina, I'm also planning to re-work and make textures to match up with Brawl's artstyle. I'm also going in the middle of optimizing the costume bit by bit as I go along and now currently working on the rigging.

I got a question for anyone who can answer, would it be a better idea to split the costume apart in areas (Like as separate the cape etc) as I feel that might make rigging easier? Any advice will be great thanks!

Be very careful. Before you start rigging, you might want to do a test import and check out the materials. Some characters may have one object mapped to like 3 different textures. For example, Link comes out as one object excluding his head, hair, weapons, and eyes. Or check her textures first to see which ones shpuld be separated, but yes, separate her cape.  It would be MUCH easier. Plus, I'm sure that also has it's own texure.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 23, 2015, 07:33:34 PM
Be very careful. Before you start rigging, you might want to do a test import and check out the materials. Some characters may have one object mapped to like 3 different textures. For example, Link comes out as one object excluding his head, hair, weapons, and eyes. Or check her textures first to see which ones shpuld be separated, but yes, separate her cape.  It would be MUCH easier. Plus, I'm sure that also has it's own texure.

Okie dokies! I'll make note of this as I go through the materials and textures, luckily the costume itself is of 4 objects but I imagine it's more complicated as I dwell into it, thanks for the fast reply!

Quote from: Codex-9 on February 23, 2015, 07:21:40 PM

I got a question for anyone who can answer, would it be a better idea to split the costume apart in areas (Like as separate the cape etc) as I feel that might make rigging easier? Any advice will be great thanks!
I would separate it into secions of the body... example:

-Limbs
-Hands
-Body/Hips/Torso
-Single-Binded stuff (Armor, hair, etc)
-Belts (So you can skin-wrap to the body)
-Cape for sure