WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I hate to go off-topic for a second, but...
Quote from: Sir Kirby the 4th on January 13, 2016, 04:02:03 AM
I'm 1 of 5 people who've never played Banjo Kazooie. Which in unnacceptable in the age of emulators, but I have more important things to do...
Stop what you are doing.
Play Kazooie and Tooie.
Be sucked in.
Be amazed.
Do it now.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 14, 2016, 01:59:15 AM
I was thinking Wario himself, depending on how he ends up. But then there's his mouth.

It's too bad no one ever figured out how the SSE bosses are coded.

It would have been interesting to see him as a heavily edited Master Hand, and Crazy Hand boss. (With his head as a newly added target.)

But yeah, that aside, to add him over ANYONE, I'd suggest quite a bit of bone editing.

January 15, 2016, 04:30:41 PM #19577 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:42:48 PM by Mareeo 64
Well I think the rig's looking pretty good for the most part, although these hands are completely messed up in BrawlBox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and of course, I have to figure out how to optimize it without losing the rig. I read through the tutorial here on the forums, but my version of 3ds max doesn't let me move the skin or pro optimizer, so i can't drag the skin to the top.

so far it looks better than the current cell import around the vault, which is good, I hope you impress us with material editing and texturing



Material fail 1. Trying to get the shiny effect from his sprite in Sticker Star. Used PM's fairy Jigglypuff wing material.

January 18, 2016, 11:09:14 PM #19581 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:41:50 PM by Sir Kirby the 4th
Bad news, nobody: my super video card super exploded. So for now, I'm using a temporary video card, & it looks MUCH less fancy than my original... but It's a higher number that my original... so I don't know why it's so loud, anyways, I have MORE bad news: after a week of not having a computer I spent a couple nights continuiong my progress on Koshosho!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Segtendo on January 14, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
I hate to go off-topic for a second, but...Stop what you are doing.
Play Kazooie and Tooie.
Be sucked in.
Be amazed.
Do it now.
I've got more important things to do.... my more, I of course mean less.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So how's the material for the head/pants? I tried forever for that.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on January 20, 2016, 12:11:14 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So how's the material for the head/pants? I tried forever for that.
hard to say because no in game pics
are you doing a psa also?

No PSA. Just a model. I only made an animation to show how the shine color thing moves and changes the body color.
Used this for reference.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on January 20, 2016, 12:11:14 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So how's the material for the head/pants? I tried forever for that.
It's shiny, but it doesn't quite have the same feel without the holographic sticker pattern on it.
Click for my stuff:


Yeah I know. I cannot for the life of me find a good material/texture for it. And I lack the skills and knowledge to make a custom material. If anyone has a suggestion, then by all means, tell me.

January 21, 2016, 02:01:57 AM #19587 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:06:19 AM by Sir Kirby the 4th
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on January 21, 2016, 01:59:40 AM
Yeah I know. I cannot for the life of me find a good material/texture for it. And I lack the skills and knowledge to make a custom material. If anyone has a suggestion, then by all means, tell me.
... use stained glass type texture?
Cuz that material you showed us looks PERFECT for a Yoshi's New Island, Same Mechanics style.

January 21, 2016, 02:08:48 AM #19588 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:15:02 AM by Large Leader
I've been busy, but I'll only put one WIP up. And it's one I haven't shown off anywhere

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


No textures were applied, just 3ds Max's standard materials with appropriate-ish colors with spec and gy. Hands, face, feet, and hair will come later. I'll probably finish feet first and then decide how much I hate myself before starting on the others. Afterwards, I need to make some props (specifically the combat knife on his left chest belt, a knife in a sheath on his right leg, and the codec/radio thing on his right chest belt) and I'll be done.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

here a little more of a preview for my engine room custom stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvsaIDn2Vo
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri