WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Blanc Trois on February 22, 2016, 11:31:30 PM
Nano, the transition between the black and white on his shoe looks pretty low-res. Isn't there any way you can make it less blurry / more precise?

Yeah, that's one of the texture tweaks that I plan to work on. At first the texture was low res when working on it, but I was able to double the size later and keep the filesize under vBrawl Sonic.

Now THAT ladies and gentleman, is how you do a specular map.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I remember reading in some thread 3 to 4 years ago that there was a way to make much better looking pics within Photoshop, in a way that increasing / decreasing the image wouldn't blur or distort it, kind of like Flash files are. I can't remember for the life in me how that was, though.

Maybe with UV you could also make, like, two 2x2 pixel textures, one white and one black, and then make it so the polygon uses those for the shoe, by mapping where it divides? Don't quote me on that, however, as I have near zero experience with texture mapping.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Blanc Trois on February 23, 2016, 12:21:56 AM
I remember reading in some thread 3 to 4 years ago that there was a way to make much better looking pics within Photoshop, in a way that increasing / decreasing the image wouldn't blur or distort it, kind of like Flash files are. I can't remember for the life in me how that was, though.

Maybe with UV you could also make, like, two 2x2 pixel textures, one white and one black, and then make it so the polygon uses those for the shoe, by mapping where it divides? Don't quote me on that, however, as I have near zero experience with texture mapping.
The texture is basically a solid block of white and black that fits the shape of the shoe. It will be a simple fix, I just wanted to get the actual model done first.

Quote from: Velen on February 23, 2016, 12:14:44 AM
Now THAT ladies and gentleman, is how you do a specular map.

Right? It's like Brawl Falcon. He has some nice spec maps.

--------------

Guess this is a Shadow week, huh? I've been working on revamping my Shadow. Eye reflections, better eye textures, spec maps, better shoe shine, and most notably, better fitting side mouth expressions. Leaving him with Brawl Sonic's expresions was not very Sm4sh-like.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 23, 2016, 10:43:09 AM
Right? It's like Brawl Falcon. He has some nice spec maps.

--------------

Guess this is a Shadow week, huh? I've been working on revamping my Shadow. Eye reflections, better eye textures, spec maps, better shoe shine, and most notably, better fitting side mouth expressions. Leaving him with Brawl Sonic's expresions was not very Sm4sh-like.
Sm4sh Shadow looked weird with those expressions tbh.
retired

February 23, 2016, 05:49:45 PM #19761 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:54:52 PM by ShadowLuigi~NG~
Which means custom expressions and using Sm4sh Sonic's as a base. I'll also work on changing his shoes as they lack depth. It's not staying true to the source model, but it'll make him feel more like a character than an assist trophy.

Quote from: Mariodk on February 22, 2016, 06:35:27 PM
when Sm4sh modding really starting: model import & such
we will see 9001 shadows again this is just a warm up for pre-sm4sh modding

KTH already did a pretty solid vertex edit for Sonic. The Egde has already began. The imports are just phase 2.


February 23, 2016, 09:59:59 PM #19762 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:01:40 PM by Blanc Trois
Nano, while you're at it, it'd be nice to give the red shades on the border his eye sockets the same treatment, as they dont look so precise as they are. They kinda look like smeared lipstick on a leather jacket as they are now...

Disregarding that, big props for the hack. It's really professional looking, definitely the best in the vault as of now.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Oh, btw Nano. If you're going to complete accuracy, Shadow's red/black cloth that his rings rap around aren't reflective. they're more like his gloves. If intentional or not, it still fits.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 23, 2016, 10:17:40 PM
Oh, btw Nano. If you're going to complete accuracy, Shadow's red/black cloth that his rings rap around aren't reflective. they're more like his gloves. If intentional or not, it still fits.
Nah if you look at every single render of Shadow, and his model in Generations, they are a shiny leather.


February 24, 2016, 09:43:35 AM #19766 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:45:26 AM by ShadowLuigi~NG~
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 24, 2016, 04:09:56 AM
Much better


That's low...like...Mario Kart Wii low...how does the rig look?


---------------
Edit:

Sheduu progress



On the topic of Sm4sh,

[spoiler]

Visual updates



Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 24, 2016, 09:43:35 AM
That's low...like...Mario Kart Wii low...how does the rig look?


---------------
Edit:

Sheduu progress



On the topic of Sm4sh,

[spoiler]

Visual updates


Dayummmmm! Looks like shadow got a huge upgrade.
retired

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 24, 2016, 09:43:35 AM
That's low...like...Mario Kart Wii low...how does the rig look?
I haven't rigged it yet. I started him all over from the beginning, so we'll see how he turns out after that

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 24, 2016, 09:43:35 AM
[spoiler]

Visual updates


So much yes! I knew you could do better with Sm4sh Bowser and had been patiently waiting, can't wait for him to be released. :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.