WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Iwvi on July 07, 2012, 06:40:16 AM
I may know. Are objects separated by texture?

Sorta. They were. But then I attached it all into one object to make it easier to work with when rigging.

Quote from: spiderjjr45 on July 07, 2012, 06:43:49 AM
Sorta. They were. But then I attached it all into one object to make it easier to work with when rigging.
If it's because it was an SMD model, then it still has one multi-texture material for it. Drag-and-drop the individual texture files to their respective polygon groups, that should fix it. If not, if it's a separate polygon group you can always make a new material and change it to use said material.

Quote from: spiderjjr45 on July 07, 2012, 06:35:29 AM
Speaking of Valve Models:



I've got this guy all rigged up, however, I have no idea how to get his textures to transfer over correctly, whenever I just export him and import him, it seems like the only texture it wants to use is his face. :/



Anybody know how to fix up his materials?


need to seperate objects by material name in 3dsmax
there is a script for that in black jax thread OP

Quote from: spiderjjr45 on July 07, 2012, 06:43:49 AM
Sorta. They were. But then I attached it all into one object to make it easier to work with when rigging.
You attached the objects? If it is one object that has more than one texture you need to detach them. As said above there is that script. Also you could just merge all textures and remap UVs. Just in case the script did not work.

Quote from: spiderjjr45 on July 07, 2012, 06:35:29 AM
Speaking of Valve Models:

I've got this guy all rigged up, however, I have no idea how to get his textures to transfer over correctly, whenever I just export him and import him, it seems like the only texture it wants to use is his face. :/

Anybody know how to fix up his materials?

Tf2 models have this issue too.

For heavy I had to manually separate his head from his body , and eyes from his head.

The Detach by material ID script doesnt seem to like Valve models.


Works. Thanks folks.


Quote from: Iwvi on July 07, 2012, 06:30:32 AM
Actually the problem seem to be the materials. His eyes are invisible ingame. I did something and now he "steals eyes". Like when a model steals textures from others randomly, but for some reason only steals eye textures :P
Oh yeah, he also seems to derp around in brawlbox, I'm not sure if you fixed that or not.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Maybe I got the right eye to be the left one, or both on the same direction. I think thats the problem for the derpy eyes. Still not sure why they are not visible.

Quote from: MANSTA8 on July 07, 2012, 07:32:01 AM
Oh yeah, he also seems to derp around in brawlbox, I'm not sure if you fixed that or not.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


omg epic!

Quote from: spiderjjr45 on July 07, 2012, 07:10:21 AM
Works. Thanks folks.


GORDON FREEMAN.
YES! I think his glasses should be semi-transparent, however.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



OMG I'm gonna be able to kill Kenny in brawl!!

July 07, 2012, 08:32:32 PM #2997 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:33:27 PM by Sorceress
Wow, those are some big pictures Boygos. I would recommend putting them in spoilers before a mod or admins tells u to. ._.

But that's some amazing progress. ^^
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Iwvi on July 07, 2012, 08:20:46 PM
OMG I'm gonna be able to kill Kenny in brawl!!
You bastard!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


July 07, 2012, 08:50:23 PM #2999 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:52:55 PM by Nanobuds
If this one works, he will be out within an hour...