Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Wonderful to see that you're considering revamping Spidey.  If you need any help, you know who to call...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lol for a second I actually thought you were volunteering to help xD

But anyway... you're auto-credited because I'm gonna keep the coding you made for the original Spider-Man psa specials with a bit of a re-vamp on my end so that there will be an attacking version and a non attacking version.

===

JRush said he was beginning work on the webs which will actually make web swinging animations a lot easier to control instead of Sheik's tether since it can't move. It'll also allow the PSA to be slightly more portable since it will no longer use imported GFX or articles.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

thats a really big spidey revamp lol i dont know if you can open spidey in bb psa  and i see lots of gfxs so bb psa would be best to lower filesize.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Kagemaru on December 13, 2012, 08:11:24 AM
Lol for a second I actually thought you were volunteering to help xD

Fun fact.  I'm a secret member of the Ghostbusters.  Not even they know it.

Plain English: Yes I was offering to help.

Carnage: the model will have a custom Web ball and Web strings so gfx won't be needed. Also I'll probably do most of it in psa first then switch to bb since it will need two model changers and I think Sheik only has one.

SDoom: that's awesome! But I don't wanna distract you from your hacks to much so I'll only ask if we can't figure something out.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

December 13, 2012, 02:27:22 PM #1775 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:15:49 PM by SonicUnderground316
Quote from: Kagemaru on December 13, 2012, 07:22:38 AM
Yes... :srs: facial expressions would be very appreciated. But I understand that they may not work...

(...)

@JRush: Are you just giving me the Track-suit Chun-Li model? Or did you also fix up the normal outfit model? Because I'd like to continue using that particular outfit so that I can properly animate the dress...

Facial expressions would be nice indeed but yeah if they're not possible well, too bad . Also, I second a fix up/revamp of the model classic outfit.

Btw I have a question concerning Akuma. How do you planned to make the FS to work. I mean just having him charging for the shun goku satsu would be too easy to dodge. Even in SF, it's easy to dodge so in brawl it will be almost impossble to do it. i'd say it should have a "locking System" similar to Link Final Smash, activate by this animation:



it's just an idea though.
お前はもう死んでいる。


Quote from: Kagemaru on December 13, 2012, 01:35:48 PMCarnage: the model will have a custom Web ball and Web strings so gfx won't be needed. Also I'll probably do most of it in psa first then switch to bb since it will need two model changers and I think Sheik only has one. SDoom: that's awesome! But I don't wanna distract you from your hacks to much so I'll only ask if we can't figure something out.

kagemaru some psas cant be opened in bb after being edited in psa itself  thats why i said that bb sometimes doesnt like to open some old style psas lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 13, 2012, 03:57:05 PM #1777 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:41:09 PM by Kagemaru
I have SDoom's original Spider-Man psa which was done in PSA. I can use that as a base. Trust me, I've known about that little detail since the BB could psa.

@SonicUnderground: It'll work out just fine. Its like Ike's FS in concept. Making something like Link's is near impossible since you can't judge distance with PSA.

So it'll basically work like: Ike, Ryu, Ken, SMBZ Cape Mario, Veutiful Joe, etc....

Basically, time it right, and hope for the best... You'll probably wanna combo into it again... like Ike

Edit: Totally left field...

But I figured out a good way to animate Rock Lee's FS (Ura Renge aka Hidden Lotus)

Basically have him kick the opponent up in the air (using a very large hitbox and stupid high baseknockback and knockback growth)

Then in the air pre-position several  large hitboxes that all have stupid high base knockback and knockback growth... position them in like a maze type of effect to where one knocks the opponent into the next and then the next but careful not to position them too close so the target wont hit one on accident. Then have the last hitbox kinda... stop them and have Lee appear with the last lotus kick back to the ground. Maybe add another hitbox.

Wont work unless there is a lot of sky above the stage... so its usless in a cramped area like the bottom of Hyrule.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I haven't rigged the original model yet. But just finish animating this one and send it to me when you're done. I'll port the animations to fit the motion file.

Alrighty. I'll keep on working on her then.

I basically just need to see a video reference of what I've done so far so I can see what needs touching up.

I think either today or tomorrow I'm going to format my SD card so I can get Riivo working cause Brawl on Dolphin isn't working with my computer... but I'm really thinking about getting that new Google Chrome laptop...
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on December 13, 2012, 06:30:03 PM
Alrighty. I'll keep on working on her then.

I basically just need to see a video reference of what I've done so far so I can see what needs touching up.

I think either today or tomorrow I'm going to format my SD card so I can get Riivo working cause Brawl on Dolphin isn't working with my computer... but I'm really thinking about getting that new Google Chrome laptop...
SlayerMarth,Ikuto makes videos try asking one of them. This will make easier and maybe all your hacks get Showcased by one of them...welll imo.

December 13, 2012, 08:40:52 PM #1781 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:54:20 PM by SonicUnderground316
Quote from: Kagemaru on December 13, 2012, 06:30:03 PM
Alrighty. I'll keep on working on her then.

I basically just need to see a video reference of what I've done so far so I can see what needs touching up.

I think either today or tomorrow I'm going to format my SD card so I can get Riivo working cause Brawl on Dolphin isn't working with my computer... but I'm really thinking about getting that new Google Chrome laptop...

I working on working on a video right now but my god damn computer start f*cking up so yeah, i'll try to send it to you during the weekend (most likely tomorow)

P.S: i might send you more pic later that night.

In the meantime, take a look at these photos. I know it's not much  and that video will be alot more helpfull but at least there some things that i said in my feed back that will make a little more sense now:

http://s1282.beta.photobucket.com/user/SonicUnderground316/media/Chun-li10hightcomparaison.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Sorry but as for right now thats all i can do.
お前はもう死んでいる。

The GFX stuff is a simple fix. Its literally... select/click/remove

At work... pretending to be being productive >_>;
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.


Yeah. When I get home... which will be soon.

I leave work at 6 and the walk home takes like 10 minutes... Plus some time to chill at the crib...

But work is like... mad boring today. I actually had time to watch MiB3 and I'm gonna start on ridley animations since photoshop keeps crapping out on me :/
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.