Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Its at 3.05 MB right now.

And yeah... I am a tad late on playing with Sora xD

I'm actually contemplating removing the Glide because I know it uses a lot of code to have... and I figure I might as well get a jump on v2 since I'm gonna be fixing this Sora stuff anyway.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Well I'm thinking Sora V2 has to have like 3 drive forms. Valor, Wisdom and Master. Has to have like a whole lot of new moves too. Like Limit combos.

We can change waits, runs and maybe jumps. I haven't tried yet though.

You have that viewer I sent you so it should help a lot.

Big plans for Sora and Riku V2. I want Riku to be able to summon that guardian and have dark mode also.

December 30, 2012, 08:46:53 AM #1862 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:30:16 PM by Kagemaru
I'm not a fan of Wisdom form and its not all that useful. But I'm down for putting in Valor and Master form combos in there but I'm concerned about filesize in PSA.

I was told that you could add additional waits, runs and jumps... so thats what I plan to do.

And yeah, I have that viewer.

So far I've re-vamped the Up-special ground (still aerial recovery, but 100% like how Sora does it)

I've animated Cure as well.

J, what I'll need help with are the moves that he got from DDD since those are obviously not on the attack viewer. Also, I don't think this viewer came with valor/master aniamtions.

Post Merge: December 30, 2012, 10:30:16 PM

https://join.me/958-354-151
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I honestly dont think you need anything from DDD. I think you can get everything from KH2, but I'll look at DDD and see if theres anything thats needed from the game.

Quote from: jrush64 on December 30, 2012, 06:01:40 AM
Well I'm thinking Sora V2 has to have like 3 drive forms. Valor, Wisdom and Master.
In order to do that you would either need to use a model that is even lower poly than the one I used, or make the final smash a single-hit rather than a transform that uses PAT0 animations. There would probably be a shortage of subactions, too (I'm aware brawlbox can add them, but I have yet to see that work right)

Quote from: Kagemaru on December 30, 2012, 05:56:41 AM
Its at 3.05 MB right now.

And yeah... I am a tad late on playing with Sora xD

I'm actually contemplating removing the Glide because I know it uses a lot of code to have... and I figure I might as well get a jump on v2 since I'm gonna be fixing this Sora stuff anyway.



I think that it sounds like a good idea.
The usefulness of the glide is very limited as well, at least in my humble opinion.
That and the cpu will not keep koing themselves :P 
And me..I seem to end up in glide and go wtf before flying too far and end up koing myself XP
You Never Know!

December 31, 2012, 06:04:06 AM #1866 Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:40:46 AM by Kagemaru
Done animating for the night.

Did mostly Sora stuff but finished off the stream with Hulk stuff.

Hulk is close to being done.

Movewise, all I need to make is his ground/air final smashes. Up tilt, and victory poses as well as a couple more taunts.

Once those are animated, I'll just need to PSA the attacks, make sure the specials work, test in-game, and add in Gfx.

Look forward to hulk before February hopefully. Sora v2 is not close to being done but perhaps a v1.75 is close.

Post Merge: December 31, 2012, 08:40:46 AM

A small update for you guys:

I'll be getting my hands on a Yoshimitsu model soon :af2:

Yoshimitsu will have ALL the fix'n's from the SoulCalibur games. :D I'm even contemplating on how to effectively put in his suicidal moves xD

But he WILL have his Pogo, Flying, Meditate styles, teleporting.... EVERYTHING he does I'll be putting it into his moveset.

Not entirely sure who he'll go over though. I'm thinking Yoshi since I need someone who crawls.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Yoooo. Yoshi over Yoshi. Yoshiception O_o. Lol like what I'm reading haven't got seen much been in the studio. But from what I read everything is good. I'm proud of you you keep this section of the forum alive (besides the obvious ppl). Keep up the work
http://soundcloud.com/la_salle/la-alle-clique-feat-d-vo-dizzy another song too.

December 31, 2012, 10:27:27 PM #1868 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:36:14 AM by Kagemaru
Today, Tomorrow, and Wednesday, I'll be streaming a lot. tonight I'll be doing some Hulk

With the added bonus of doing some Aqua and Terra stuff :af:

Edit:

Been animating/testing Hulk In-game

Gotta say... I'm getting a bit disappointed. My animations just seem to be crappy. I can never seem to make a walk look good in-game. I hate how they come out and I can't seem to get into a grove on how to make a good smooth walk.

60 frames for Hulks walk slow and it still looks like he's shuffling on the floor :srs:

Its beginning to get annoying.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Walk animations are definitely hard to do, I too can't get them right. But the animations I saw for the new hulk model looked great. Let me know if you need help.

I'm hoping Hulk can become the new Dark Samus. a.k.a A cpu character that's fun to fight against but also very, very, very annoying.

That's what I want Xemnas to be.



Yeah, his play style will be similar to DK's so the AI wont be totally retarded.

And I plan to give Hulk some Super Armor at certain points in most of his attacks so it wont always be an option to attack him before his attack comes out... if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have a meeting to go to today at 2:30 (In 2 hours) but once thats over I have the rest of the day to work on Hulk's PSA.

JRush, if you wanna help, I could use some help with GFX placement to make it feel more complete if you're interested.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Sure no problem.

What exactly does Super Armor do? I dont think I've ever used it.

When you hit him, he may not flinch...

Well there is super armor and heavy armor.

super armor is when you hit someone and they 100% wont flinch.
Heavy armor is when you hit someone and they have a certain amount of damage needed to MAKE them flinch.

Brawl- used it on Bowser a bit which made Bowser a heck of a lot harder to beat.

Super/Heavy armor is not to be confused with invulnerability/intangibility

You still take damage, and hit lag still effects you with super/heavy armor. Intang and Invul you don't take damage, and intang is like you're not even being hit.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Sora Progress Update:

New Attack 11, 12, 13 Done

New Dash Attack Done

Updated Side Smash Done

New Up Smash Done

Down Special Animation is now Down Smash BUT it has an updated animation Done

New Wait1 Done

New Wait 2 Almost Done

New Wait 3 May not make one...

New Up Grab Haven't Started Yet

New Side Tilt Haven't started yet

Side B Ground Animation is now Old Side tilt Done

New Air attacks Not done because I'm probably gonna change ALL of them.

New Taunts I only have an idea for 1 so I'll have to look around if I'm gonna change the ones that are already there.

Fixed victory poses Not yet

So yeah... sorry that Sora kinda just cut in front of all the other projects I was working on but when I finally played with Sora I was very unhappy with what I was playing so I have to fix it.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Are you going to be changing the Valor form animations also or are you just going to do is it master or final form.