Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

After playing with chunli a couple of times I've noticed that she seems to teleport on stages that move or have things moving( Mario kart stage, D. Plaza, etc.) when she's being played by both a human or computer. Also she seems to have random polygon explosions. If any one can help or has any answers for why this is happening I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Someone didn't read her description...

I don't know why she teleports. I have 0 idea why that happens. The problem itself I have no idea how to fix because she usually only does it as a computer. I can't seem to force her to teleport with controller inputs so I can't pinpoint the issue.

I'll look more into it but I DID try and fix the issue before I released her. However I decided to release her since its only a minor issue in hindsight that shouldn't hold the hack from being released.

As far as polygon explosions go... whut?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Yeah I just had Chun Li splattered all over my screen as well. I was really surprised.
You Never Know!

Thats a model issue I believe... Though it may be a PSA issue considering I didn't supply a model in the download.

I don't know... I'm horribad at actually PSAing. :/

If anyone wants to try and fix any of these issues, be my guest. The person that actually does, I'll owe them a favor. >_>;
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on January 24, 2013, 02:41:46 AM
Someone didn't read her description...

Saw that coming lol XD , I read it... ("There is a slight error that only COMPUTERS seem to do which causes them to teleport at certain points") I was just trying to shed some light on the problem by posting my findings thats all.  

Bro your animations keep steadily improving.  I was having a look through Chun's MotionEtc.pac and I must say there's a lot of good stuff in there.  I'll give more indepth feedback later.  Good work!

polygon explosion i bet its a model problem since that happens on certain models when grabbed or trowed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Kagemaru on January 24, 2013, 02:41:46 AM
I don't know why she teleports. I have 0 idea why that happens.
What does she do right before she teleports?

@KKAZMA: No worries. I hadn't managed to make Chun-Li teleport until some time after the release. And even then, I still couldn't/can't force it to happen. Its not just on boards that move either. I fought a computer on Final that did it. o.O

@SDoom: Thanks a lot. Admittedly there are some moves that I didn't actually try too hard on because I just wanted to get the project done. But there are some animations that are there that I took a lot of care with to make look good.

@Carnage: I was thinking that, but then I thought that it may be something I did with the PSA because I'm not sure if any of those polygons exploded with just the model alone.

@Anon: Anything really... I saw the computer do it multiple times as she was walking so I have no idea what she was actually doing. I know it happened to me really bad on Rainbow Cruise and at some times I was just standing there. o.O or landing from a jump.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on January 24, 2013, 05:58:41 PM@KKAZMA: No worries. I hadn't managed to make Chun-Li teleport until some time after the release. And even then, I still couldn't/can't force it to happen. Its not just on boards that move either. I fought a computer on Final that did it. o.O @SDoom: Thanks a lot. Admittedly there are some moves that I didn't actually try too hard on because I just wanted to get the project done. But there are some animations that are there that I took a lot of care with to make look good. @Carnage: I was thinking that, but then I thought that it may be something I did with the PSA because I'm not sure if any of those polygons exploded with just the model alone. @Anon: Anything really... I saw the computer do it multiple times as she was walking so I have no idea what she was actually doing. I know it happened to me really bad on Rainbow Cruise and at some times I was just standing there. o.O or landing from a jump.




Any progress with Luffy?

it seems like Luffy PSA V1 is taking longer to complete than it should of.


Luffy's psa was on hold because I was finishing Chun-Li

He is also on hold until JRush64 is done with his testing since we are both going to be PSAing Luffy.

We have to start the PSA from scratch because the one I got from MarioDK was totally corrupt.

Patience...
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.


Sadly no... this is for a couple reasons.

1: The initial psa idea turned out to be too much for the PSA to handle. The motion size was huge to accommodation his Legendary transformations.

2: I'm not good enough at animating to accurately portray 4-legged walking at 3 different speeds. The runs were decent, but the walks were garbage.

3: I've got more important projects to finish instead of making another PSA over Wolf
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

it's not you being good at animating, people find it easier to animate bipeds, cuz u see them all the time, and actually pay attention to them, just go to youtube, and search for some quadruped walking animations, and look how the 4 legs interact