DAE Model Importing for Dummies

Started by BlackJax96, February 24, 2012, 02:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hey kiro,
Everything is great up until I put my game on my USB and try it in game. The game freezes right after I click "Brawl", and sometimes when I get to the SSS.


Check out my model import thread here
Want a sig? Well, click here!

Sounds like a filesize issue. How big is the file and which character is it over?

July 14, 2013, 04:33:26 PM #347 Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:34:19 PM by pranavmeno
Well I've tried many different types ranging from 452 KB to 1849 KB. There's also one I tried that was 1161 KB. And it's over Captain Falcon.


Check out my model import thread here
Want a sig? Well, click here!

Have you edited the common#pacs as well? That could be the cause if so.

Huh. I'm not sure I'll try it and get back to you on that. Thanks again.


Check out my model import thread here
Want a sig? Well, click here!

Things like this happen to me every now and then. Sometimes Mario freezes once the game starts, and I have to delete my whole private folder before it works again. (Thankfully I'm using a stage expansion, and I don't have anything else I want but characters and music.


i am installing the 2014 version of 3ds max, so will the Collada dae plugins still work on a higher version? (plus, i'm running windows 8 [64-bit], so i'm not sure if this couses compatibility issues)

August 22, 2013, 06:29:07 PM #352 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:30:15 PM by BabyLuigiOnFire
The OP mentioned that the 2014 version of 3DS Max will work and is even recommended. What I don't know is if the operating system affects it but I guess it shouldn't.

alright thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I've got a problem:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I dont understand what i'm doing wrong. This guide doesn't explain dealing with this error very well.

This occurs when you don't have a skin modifier on the polygons and you didn't weigh any vertices to selected bones. You probably forgot to add CapJ to your list of bones.

August 28, 2013, 06:55:48 PM #356 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:05:26 PM by Mareeo 64
trust me, i didn't. I had it it all ready to go, but it just keeps happening

EDIT: Fixed it! turns out, the CapJ bone itself had a skin modifier for some reason.

Everytime i load a import in 3ds Max 2013 appear this error screen, what i'm doing wrong?

Smash is the law!

Ignore it. That error happens to everyone, even me.

But the model don't load after this error.
Smash is the law!