DAE Model Importing for Dummies

Started by BlackJax96, February 24, 2012, 02:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KingMiniMoni on August 01, 2012, 01:59:14 AM
Hey guys,

I've been following your guide, but I just can't get the .DAE to import correctly. I've tried different plugins, even the ones you linked to. I'm using 3DS Max 2010. Whenever I import my Ganondorf looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/IFx4L

I've tried both Ganondorf and Wolf (Wolf looks even WORSE! :P) I tried the .DAE creating progress with both Brawlbox 0.65 and 0.67. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I downloaded a .DAE model from a different game and it imports just fine.

It would be great if I could get some help so I could get started! :(
A few post up says the answer. You need to reset the scene for importing brawl models.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

I really hate to ask this but I'm a total noob.... Everything seems straight forward and I have experience with models and such from making .dats for ffxi but I can't export my mdl0 into a dae. I dled a plugin from the link you provided for my version of 3d max (9, 32bit) but when I go to export the pac the only option that comes up is to export it into a raw model file. Am I missing something?

What version of BB are you using. The newer ones have the option to export as .dae "I really hate to ask this but I'm a total noob"everyone has questions so don't hesitate to ask, no one will judge you. Everyone starts somewhere.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

So if I make sure I have the newer version of bb, then I don't need one of the 3d max plugins?

Quote from: duoblade on August 10, 2012, 08:29:47 PM
So if I make sure I have the newer version of bb, then I don't need one of the 3d max plugins?
No, you'll still need a way to import .dae files. Max 2010 has the right .dae importer already. When you extract the mdl0 from the .pac file bb will default save it as .mdl0, so change the dropdown box under the file name changer to .dae.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Ok I've been messing with this these past few days trying to port diff models on skeletons and I run into am issue every now and then. After I apply the skin modifier, I select the vertices of the arm below the elbow like in the guide. Then I click the weight tool, but the larmj bone isn't appearing on the list, just the bones for the hands and sword. This usually happens when I try to bring in dissidia models. Right now I'm trying to put onion knight over toon link. When I use ff 10 or 12 models the bone shows up.

I must be missing something. Every time I load up a .DAE file, it either doesn't show up or the entire program crashes. This happens with every single .DAE file I use, and I've been following this tutorial exactly as it is written. If it helps; I'm using 3DS Max 2010, and I'm sure I have the correct plugins. Also, I'm using the most recent version of Brawl Box. Is there anything that can be done about this?
That guy who posted a few times and then ran away.

Are you talking about importing a .dae into 3ds Max or BB?

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Importing it into 3DS Max.
That guy who posted a few times and then ran away.

Try running it as an administrator when you're starting it up. Right click>Run as Administrator

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

That did the trick; thanks! I wonder why it kept doing that crazy stuff when I wasn't running as an administrator though...
That guy who posted a few times and then ran away.

You're welcome, it's the same for me. I don't know why it works that way, I'm just glad it does. :P

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

August 20, 2012, 05:37:03 PM #267 Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:51:22 PM by duoblade
This is what happened when I tried to apply my textures lol. I ran the script though an error did pop up. Could that be my problem or is it something worse and far more complicated? lol Whatever the problem I'm determined to learn how to do this and start making some mods.

Uncheck "Propogate Materials" before running the detach script.

Ok I was able to run the script without any errors but it still looks the same. As if there's no uv mapping or something. Any suggestions?