DAE Model Importing for Dummies

Started by BlackJax96, February 24, 2012, 02:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: jman on May 27, 2012, 05:21:09 AM
I am getting the same problem as Swift here big file etc etc freezing on brawl.  My model is from SSF4AE

I've imported from SSF4AE, and you'll need to use ProOptimizer to decrease the amount of vertices. See the last few pages for details on this.

would you please put a video step by step of how to do everything??
i am a little too slowpoke, and this is a guide to dummies, right??
pleassee...

^ I support the above.

I mostly get it but then I screw up entirely at the rigging. It just does not make much sense to me at that point.

I try rigging but the model does not look all that proper in the end.
~Swift Red

You two probably need a rigging tutorial, not a model importing tutorial. The model importing parts are really clear and imaged.
And honestly, I learned how to rig using this tutorial. I had no idea how rigging worked before.

Quote from: Segab on May 28, 2012, 11:24:22 PM
You two probably need a rigging tutorial, not a model importing tutorial. The model importing parts are really clear and imaged.
And honestly, I learned how to rig using this tutorial. I had no idea how rigging worked before.

Just a rigging tutorial would be fine with me, I understand everything else very well.
A video example of rigging even just a few pieces of a body would be helpful as well.
~Swift Red

I have a few vid tutorials on on YouTube channel of mine. Want a rigging tutorial? I can do that if you want
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: toonlink444 on May 28, 2012, 11:51:19 PM
I have a few vid tutorials on on YouTube channel of mine. Want a rigging tutorial? I can do that if you want
Yes that would be most appreciated. Thank you. :D
~Swift Red

okay, after my very best effort i think i done it, but...
i just can't put the colors of the model...
they look a really mess!!
i don´k now what to do...
i must replace the "textures (NW4R)" or just rename the images??
help please!!!

May 29, 2012, 03:16:36 PM #188 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:57:58 PM by toonlink444
Quote from: Swift Red on May 29, 2012, 04:21:08 AM
Yes that would be most appreciated. Thank you. :D
No problem it should be up soon.
Edit: Just finished. I'm editing and converting now
Edit2: Hey BJ if you like it can you put it in the main tutorial. That would be great.

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 05:29:36 PM

Alright Part 1 is uploaded. Please don't merge this post with the last.
Part one:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Part two:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

May 29, 2012, 07:58:30 PM #189 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:09:23 PM by Segab
Quote from: Okano on May 29, 2012, 09:06:53 AM
okay, after my very best effort i think i done it, but...
i just can't put the colors of the model...
they look a really mess!!
i don´k now what to do...
i must replace the "textures (NW4R)" or just rename the images??
help please!!!
The texture was applied in 3ds max before you exported, right?
After you imported the model in BrawlBox, right click on TextureData[0], and do Import > Texture.
Pick the same texture that was applied to the model in 3ds max, don't rename it.
Leave the options to default (should be CMPR) and click Okay.
You should see the texture appear in the Textures(NW4R) folder along with the original textures.
Delete (ctrl+del) all the unused textures from there.

If the texture looks all weird in-game after that, it's because you didn't uncheck Remap materials when importing the model in BrawlBox.

(if this is clear enough and it works for you I'll add it to the OP)

Quote from: toonlink444 on May 29, 2012, 03:16:36 PM
No problem it should be up soon.
Edit: Just finished. I'm editing and converting now
Edit2: Hey BJ if you like it can you put it in the main tutorial. That would be great.

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 05:29:36 PM

Alright Part 1 is uploaded. Please don't merge this post with the last.
Part one:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Part two:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Thank you very much for this. It made it much clearer to me.
~Swift Red

Quote from: toonlink444 on May 29, 2012, 03:16:36 PM
No problem it should be up soon.
Edit: Just finished. I'm editing and converting now
Edit2: Hey BJ if you like it can you put it in the main tutorial. That would be great.

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 05:29:36 PM

Alright Part 1 is uploaded. Please don't merge this post with the last.
Part one:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Part two:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Segab on May 29, 2012, 07:58:30 PM
The texture was applied in 3ds max before you exported, right?
After you imported the model in BrawlBox, right click on TextureData[0], and do Import > Texture.
Pick the same texture that was applied to the model in 3ds max, don't rename it.
Leave the options to default (should be CMPR) and click Okay.
You should see the texture appear in the Textures(NW4R) folder along with the original textures.
Delete (ctrl+del) all the unused textures from there.

If the texture looks all weird in-game after that, it's because you didn't uncheck Remap materials when importing the model in BrawlBox.

(if this is clear enough and it works for you I'll add it to the OP)

I'll add anything that can help into the OP.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 29, 2012, 09:59:52 PM
I'll add anything that can help into the OP.

Thanks man, I'm sure this will help.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Ok so I thought things went pretty well in 3ds max and saved my work onto my character.
I brought up brawl box and this is how it looked.



Pretty good so far. Then.....



This doesn't look to good............



And finally........



Rig looked pretty good in 3ds max and then as soon as I look at animations in brawl box she just explodes.

Any advice?
~Swift Red

Are you sure the rig looked perfect in 3DS Max? If you have the model in t-pose, it never shows you the problem areas. You have to rotate the bones around in order to see the problems with the rig.