[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 29, 2014, 11:24:58 PM #1665 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:33:57 PM by Miacis
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on January 29, 2014, 10:55:02 PM
They absolutely should do that. No one has pulled off some of the ridiculous hacks that those guys have. Hundreds of thousands of downloads as well, it may as well be counted as it's own game. I believe Ver 3.02 has been downloaded like 300,000 times already and it's been out for what, maybe two to three weeks maybe?
That may be somewhat impressive in the small world of SSBB hacking, but in the grand scheme of video games in general, it's barely more than a succesful mod. You know, an alteration of an existing game, where 90% of the content was provided by studios working for Nintendo. Nintendo, who last time I checked never gave any permission for people to mod their game.

Besides, you don't see The Stanley Parable sitting in the "Half-Life series" category on Wikipedia, and you don't see random guy journalists pretending it's the best HL game. And that mod had way more thought and uniqueness put into it than P:M, sorry to say.
There's being enthusiastic, and then there's just overstepping boundaries. Player numbers does not a game make.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

As much as I like P:M, the ego of the PMBR needs to be toned down a bit.

Quote from: Mochtroid127 on January 29, 2014, 10:55:02 PM
They absolutely should do that. No one has pulled off some of the ridiculous hacks that those guys have. Hundreds of thousands of downloads as well, it may as well be counted as it's own game. I believe Ver 3.02 has been downloaded like 300,000 times already and it's been out for what, maybe two to three weeks maybe?
You ------------------------------>  .  <------------------------------ The point.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I really don't see why it has it's own wiki page...It wasn't made by Nintendo,I can't even find the word "hack" in the entire page,it was never made official.

I didn't even know we had a wiki page >.>

I know IGN made one.. But I didn't know about Wikipedia.


Probably a slowpoke, but Project M is now a game option of its own on Twitch. (:

Congrats! :D

Quote from: Pin0yB0i on January 30, 2014, 04:50:29 AM
Probably a slowpoke, but Project M is now a game option of its own on Twitch. (:

Congrats! :D

Project M...I love you.

How did all of this happen?

The Wikipedia entry and twitch entry happened behind our backs.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 30, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
How did all of this happen?

The Wikipedia entry and twitch entry happened behind our backs.

It was us that made it possible. Because Project M is that awesome.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 30, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
How did all of this happen?

The Wikipedia entry and twitch entry happened behind our backs.
I didn't care much for the Wikipedia entry.

But I saw the thing about Twitch on Project M's Facebook page.

I thought it was already on Twitch. I could have sworn it was listed as Project M during APEX. Of course, there was so much Smash at APEX, it was hard to keep up with them all. I missed most of Smash 64, but I caught most of Melee, PM Top 8, and various bits of Brawl. Fun stuff to watch. Kage Vs. MattDotZeb rematch. Hype.

Quote from: Mochtroid127 on January 30, 2014, 06:57:29 AM
I thought it was already on Twitch. I could have sworn it was listed as Project M during APEX. Of course, there was so much Smash at APEX, it was hard to keep up with them all. I missed most of Smash 64, but I caught most of Melee, PM Top 8, and various bits of Brawl. Fun stuff to watch. Kage Vs. MattDotZeb rematch. Hype.
During Apex, they usually set the game to either Melee or Brawl while Project M was happening.


February 03, 2014, 01:44:52 AM #1678 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:26:54 AM by Garry Moore™
Turbo mode has spoiled me. I find myself wanting Turbo Mode again whenever I play normal SSBB matches with friends.
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

Quote from: Scout on February 03, 2014, 01:29:09 AM
This is just abusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE

Ivysaur is a [censored]. :P Of course, he was just as bad in regular Brawl. Knock opponent off stage, A spam forever, KO, repeat.