[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 19, 2013, 03:38:04 AM #390 Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:24:14 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on September 19, 2013, 01:42:03 AM
The boy is back. :happy:

That render is beyond sexy. It matches the SSB4 style. Who made it? :srs:

Thany's model. Except the hair. Pik made that.

Pik also textured that sexy beast.

And yes. The clone engine works almost perfectly with most characters.

Regarding public release of the CE...
it is a set of very complex codes which are completely safe in the way we work with it. Only a few people are capable of manipulating it safely, we don't want the public getting confused and start thinking that PM is harmful to your wii and/or save file in any way.

Turbo and everything will be in Project M 3.0

September 19, 2013, 04:08:29 AM #391 Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:17:03 AM by Shun_One
I'm cool with seeing the CE operational, even if it's very particular about how it behaves.

Also, cool to see Roy in BrawlProject M in an official capacity. His new moves look tight, especially that Double-Edged Dance.

Edit: Wait, Roy's in Demo 3?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Yup. He will be in our next big update/release.

September 19, 2013, 04:28:28 AM #393 Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:34:58 AM by Shun_One
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 04:25:12 AM
Yup. He will be in our next big update/release.
Well color me impressed then. Didn't think we'd see any CE stuff until post Demo 3.0, but I'm glad to be wrong.

This is slightly OT, but what's your favorite part of being PMBR (anyone can answer this, if applicable)?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Project M 3.0 is going to be so hype, that my body will never be ready!!!  :o
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 19, 2013, 01:33:45 AM
100%.  Along with ds22 and other wizards.
Tell Dantarion to make 50 clones of himself, send that clone back into the past with the time machine he built 5 weeks ago, and send all 50 of those clones to the past in order to prevent the clone engine from taking so long to be made.  ;)  :laugh:  :D
So there I was... stranded in the wild wilderness of the wild, with no food or safe shelter for four hundred and sixty five days, surrounded by nothing but dry hills, lonely nights, predators stalking me, and the occasional skyscraper.

Needless to say, it was a dire ordeal of the highest level of Shakespearean suffering...

Are you trying to turn Dantarion into Xehanort? ¦D;

Anywho, hyped for Roy. Hyped for the Clone Engine. Hyped for other possible characters. (Only one in particular that I want) Hyped for 3.0. ¦3


I totally just noticed that one of Roy's moves during his Double edge dance is based on Sol Badguy's gunflame from Guilty Gear...

Color me more hyped >.<


Quote from: Shun_One on September 19, 2013, 04:28:28 AM
Well color me impressed then. Didn't think we'd see any CE stuff until post Demo 3.0, but I'm glad to be wrong.

This is slightly OT, but what's your favorite part of being PMBR (anyone can answer this, if applicable)?
The PMBR is a group of guys (and a few girls) that are really chill and fun to work with. The stuff they can do with Brawl is absolutely amazing. We work on a set timeframe, but it's pretty casual so I never feel stressed with anything I have to do.

OUR BOY IS BACK BABY!!!

so a question on the clone engine,Is the only thing we have to wait on for a public release is to make it more user friendly?

Clone engine? Niiiiiiiiiice. Not surprised it won't be available to the public or anything, but I'm sure that'll come with time.

What I really want to know is how it works. Y'know, the real nitty-gritty stuff. I remember ds22 saying that it would require a lot of things to be moved around and that it would be nearly impossible, so I'm curious as to what changed.

Also Roy yay. But I'm more hyped for a certain purple psychic clone to show up.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on September 19, 2013, 10:29:40 AM
I totally just noticed that one of Roy's moves during his Double edge dance is based on Sol Badguy's gunflame from Guilty Gear...

Color me more hyped >.<
My man. I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 12:05:57 PM
The PMBR is a group of guys (and a few girls) that are really chill and fun to work with. The stuff they can do with Brawl is absolutely amazing. We work on a set timeframe, but it's pretty casual so I never feel stressed with anything I have to do.
Thanks for the answer. Was curious about it. I applied a while ago, but didn't make it.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 03:38:04 AM
Thany's model. Except the hair. Pik made that.

Pik also textured that sexy beast.

And yes. The clone engine works perfectly now.

Regarding public release of the CE...
it is a set of very complex codes which are completely safe in the way we work with it. Only a few people are capable of manipulating it safely, we don't want the public getting confused and start thinking that PM is harmful to your wii and/or save file in any way.

Turbo and everything will be in Project M 3.0
It's one of the best models I've ever seen, I think.

This all makes a great deal of sense concerning the clone engine. Follow up-questions:

* By "perfectly", do you mean it isn't just some convenient exploit that can somehow handle one character? Several can be done?
* If yes to the last question, are more planned? I don't know if it's something you can answer, but it seemed vague enough of a question for it. A few PMBR members have said he is "the first CE character", but we want to know whether or not he's the last, too (although I doubt it).

Post Merge: September 19, 2013, 04:25:09 PM

Quote from: Shun_One on September 19, 2013, 03:28:26 PM
Thanks for the answer. Was curious about it. I applied a while ago, but didn't make it.
Wow, I did not see that coming. I'm obviously not a member but if I were told earlier today that you just became one, I would not be even slightly surprised.

inb4mewtwo


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: dmick on September 19, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
It's one of the best models I've ever seen, I think.

This all makes a great deal of sense concerning the clone engine. Follow up-questions:

* By "perfectly", do you mean it isn't just some convenient exploit that can somehow handle one character? Several can be done?
* If yes to the last question, are more planned? I don't know if it's something you can answer, but it seemed vague enough of a question for it. A few PMBR members have said he is "the first CE character", but we want to know whether or not he's the last, too (although I doubt it).

Post Merge: September 19, 2013, 04:25:09 PM
Wow, I did not see that coming. I'm obviously not a member but if I were told earlier today that you just became one, I would not be even slightly surprised.
By "perfect" I mean that it has almost no glitches or bugs. The code is extremely stable, and we can clone almost whoever we want. However, the coding is very specific and complex, thus why we haven't released it. Even I don't know how the codes work, and I personally can't make my own slot with a custom character.

At the moment we do not have any further new clone announcements, due to our limitations and current projects we are working on.