Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 725032 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 11:32:39 AM »

Oh, so I can't have an actual "valid" opinion until Demo 2 comes out and I have played it and read everything on the website when said demo is released? Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm getting from this.

So any argument or comment or opinion anyone has is null and void until the time specified by the Project M team is what you're saying?

Such arrogance.
    Not that you can't have it, just that... At least I find it better to wait for the finished Beta so we can all test and critique. I have mixed feelings about P:M, but I'm holding my horses 'til I try it. Tongue
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:33:42 AM by Albafika » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »

Oh, so I can't have an actual "valid" opinion until Demo 2 comes out and I have played it and read everything on the website when said demo is released? Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm getting from this.

So any argument or comment or opinion anyone has is null and void until the time specified by the Project M team is what you're saying?

Such arrogance.

I love how my second point of watching the streams soared over your head completely.  If you watched the streams, or even watched the up to date footage on the ProjectMelee youtube channel and a couple of other channels then of course you'd have a more validated opinion because you're basing accusations on up to date information. 

You're creating accusations out of very little basis.  As I said before, it's like forming an opinion of a game just by reading previews and watching old trailers instead of taking a little time to look at more up to date gameplay footage that actually shows off the game in motion. 

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »

I knew I'd find a thread like this here.

LC - Chill man, I'm starting to think you don't think any game should be competitive, tournaments make they're own rules all the time. Nothing is stopping anyone from saying items are allowed in they're tournament. But even with items i still think you would find some way to bash it.

Also you have to "Play" Melee, not make your own it to judge how the game engine of melee work. Melee has a completely different feel to the game to brawl, captain falcon alone is enough to tell the difference.

And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"

Anyway, I was more hype about it about a year ago when i still had friends willing to play smash brothers, but now everyone is trying to do they're own thing which is a shame.

I'm still going to play, but will most likely be alone, or over wifail.

I guess people didn't really understand the project goal, but it's not really they're fault i mean even play-testers don't understand the goal sometimes. Project:M isn't about RE-balance, it's about pulling those low win characters into high win standards.

Funny thing is while they get a few complaints about RE-cloned characters from brawl players, they get TONS more complaints from Melee players about how some characters seem even better then Melee's high win characters.

Of course there are some character design issues that i disagree with, but I going to wait until after Demo2 comes out so i can test they're "Vision" before i make any complaints.

I say everyone who enjoys playing smash should give it a fair chance, though anyone who makes PSA for fun should be more then interested in Project M then just playing it, i'm sure it's has tons of code that PSA makers are going to want to explore.

And I might do a mod version of Project M for myself cause they're are a few "OverDrive" mechanics that i enjoy.
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:16:16 PM by PPXEXE » Logged

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »

I knew I'd find a thread like this here.

LC - Chill man, I'm starting to think you don't think any game should be competitive, tournaments make they're own rules all the time. Nothing is stopping anyone from saying items are allowed in they're tournament. But even with items i still think you would find some way to bash it.

Also you have to "Play" Melee, not make your own it to judge how the game engine of melee work. Melee has a completely different feel to the game to brawl, captain falcon alone is enough to tell the difference.

And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"

[/color]

Nah, tournies with items is something I'd actually bother to watch since it's not uselessly removing a game mechanic for the sake of it. The original game has items, the original stages have hazards. To me a true pro is being able to play with those things on the battlefield and not being a whiny mess when he gets hit. And what do you mean by "Play" Melee? I've already said I played it. It's not all it's cracked up to be. It's uninteresting. This expansion pack won't make me change my ideas.

Oh, cool. Do you know of a place where they give them for free, or a place with weak enough security so I can steal one? I'll still use my PS2 controller simply because I feel it's not a mess made by a drunkard.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »

P:M is a good experience. I never mastered Melee's combo/fast-paced action stuff because i was young and didn't know how to play it well (the only thing i know how to do is wave-dashing). I wasn't into fast-paced fighting games at the time until Marvel vs Capcom 2 was out.

Now that im into competitive fast-paced fighting games, i find it more fun. I don't go to tourneys but i have some friends who are competitive.

Im not saying you HAVE to play fast-paced fighting games. As long as the game is fun, I dont care if its not fast-paced like brawl. I wont say which one is better because i just like them equally in everyway.

Cant wait to try out the demo.
    (Btw, where do you place custom songs in Project M's folders?)

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »

there is also one option that is always avalible if u want to complain....dont play it its as simple as that

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

Nah, tournies with items is something I'd actually bother to watch since it's not uselessly removing a game mechanic for the sake of it. The original game has items, the original stages have hazards. To me a true pro is being able to play with those things on the battlefield and not being a whiny mess when he gets hit.

That limits it down to only those crazy Asian people.  Those guys that do those crazy item combo vids

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »

As soon as I figure out how, I'll make an account on nicovideo just to witness those.

Because they're infinitely more entertaining to watch, no offense. :V

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »

As soon as I figure out how, I'll make an account on nicovideo just to witness those.

Because they're infinitely more entertaining to watch, no offense. :V

None taken.  Those things are freakin awesome XD

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »

Has there even been Japanese tournaments?

Not sure if they play with american restrictions, but, there's that whole item combo thing, so I guess they don't.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 07:35:02 PM »

Fun fact: Japan turned off items before we did, in Melee and Brawl. There are players that play both with and without items you know, though they may be hard to find.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »

Fun fact: Japan turned off items before we did, in Melee and Brawl. There are players that play both with and without items you know, though they may be hard to find.
    Im one of those people. I don't mind with items or without items.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:12 AM »

Demo 2 is finally out: http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 04:27:44 AM »

[censored] yes, just started downloading it. cannot wait to try it >.>

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 05:35:27 AM »

well, i lost my SD card, so i cant try it on my wii. i ahd to play it on dolphin, which is slow

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: