[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 18, 2012, 10:47:29 PM
It is indeed this actually.  It's a combination of loading stuff from the SD card and trimming down a lot of fat files (the common files were trimmed down a LOT).

Y'know, with that in consideration, with a big enough SD card you probably could stuff ALL the brawl files (trimmed the un-necessaries obviously) in that, just for a faster loading game.

Would kinda defeat the purpose of the disc, but still. :V

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.


April 19, 2012, 04:29:53 PM #77 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:32:54 PM by JirachiMaster
Lol, Bowser is broken.

I'm also not too happy with some of the changes made to Lucas, since Demo V1. For example, why does Offense Up remain infinitely, until you miss the target?

Quote from: JirachiMaster on April 19, 2012, 04:29:53 PM
Lol, Bowser is broken.

I'm also not too happy with some of the changes made to Lucas, since Demo V1. For example, why does Offense Up remain infinitely, until you miss the target?

Care to elaborate?  Whilst Bowser is awesome, I don't see how he's broken. 

As for Lucas, first let me correct you in saying it's not until you miss, it's until you fail to get a successful hit.  There's a difference because the latter includes hitting shields (you lose the charge upon hitting the foe's shield).  And it remains because a player should be rewarded for being accurate in punishing opponents. 

April 19, 2012, 05:40:09 PM #79 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:45:12 PM by JirachiMaster
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 19, 2012, 05:02:52 PMCare to elaborate?  Whilst Bowser is awesome, I don't see how he's broken.  As for Lucas, first let me correct you in saying it's not until you miss, it's until you fail to get a successful hit.  There's a difference because the latter includes hitting shields (you lose the charge upon hitting the foe's shield).  And it remains because a player should be rewarded for being accurate in punishing opponents.  

Bowser has been given super armor in nearly half of his moves, and are now ridiculously strong. His forward smash, to me, seems nothing short of Brawl- quality, as it's almost exactly the same in power as his final smash form. That's just the beginning of it, I could stay here and criticize every flaw with his new abilities, but those are the ones that bother me the most.

And about Lucas... I just think that it would be more reasonable for it to be the other way around offense up, the charge should wear off AFTER the attack makes contact, and not last forever until you fail. Imagine if Samus's beam were to always be fully charged, and she could fire full charged shots at an offstage, near helpless target repeatedly?

Quote from: dRage on April 19, 2012, 01:35:24 PM
Project M [TAS] - Wolf Combo

First P:M TAS =O
o_O
Hell, i cant even do such a long combo like that :P

Nice job though

Quote from: JirachiMaster on April 19, 2012, 05:40:09 PM
Bowser has been given super armor in nearly half of his moves, and are now ridiculously strong. His forward smash, to me, seems nothing short of Brawl- quality, as it's almost exactly the same in power as his final smash form.

His moves have a mixture of heavy armour and super armour and the super armour only lasts for when he flashes red for that short period of time.  The forward smash is incredibly powerful, but also painfully slow and extremely punishable if you dodge it (don't shield it though, it eats through shields).  Whilst we do take a lot of feedback into consideration, saying something is flat out broken that's been developed for months when you've had all of about 2 days to playtest the mod seems a little unfair don't ya think?  At least give the metagame some time to develop ;)

Guess I'll say something about the mod since I'm here.

I like Ike. I just have to get used to him. I keep trying to play him similarly to Brawl but it just...doesn't work. Obviously, I'll get it with time. I like what's been done with him though. Got to say, pulling off combo's with Ike is very satisfying.

As an aside, ever consider adding blue fire/aura damage to him? Just to play off of his end game self at Radiant Dawn where get's a mystic blue flame.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on April 19, 2012, 05:53:56 PM
As an aside, ever consider adding blue fire/aura damage to him? Just to play off of his end game self at Radiant Dawn where get's a mystic blue flame.

We did and thought it would be a waste of time.  For a minor canon aesthetic, it would take too much effort to present well and there are more important things we need to be doing. 

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 19, 2012, 06:10:16 PM
We did and thought it would be a waste of time.  For a minor canon aesthetic, it would take too much effort to present well and there are more important things we need to be doing. 
Huh, I'm actually surprised it was even considered. Well, perhaps later on down the line, like when everything else is in a much more polished/final state perhaps you guys can revisit the idea.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

April 20, 2012, 12:50:33 AM #85 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:53:13 AM by Double D.
Hey I had some more animation ideas for Wario...

Walk animation 0:03, 2:30 mark can be a new dash animation, 3:00, Down B special replacement. Works the exact same as Waft. Fiery explosion on the ground (Think Roy fully powered Flare Blade gfx) following by devastating jumping headbutt

Wario Land Shake It! - W1-2: Whoopsy Desert

--Death Before Dishonor--

"The absence of wrath, is an impediment to utilizing your true strength..."



I was gonna do that but i guess im too late.

And being shown on IGN of all sites is a good thing?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

April 20, 2012, 02:07:23 PM #89 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:15:54 PM by _Data_Drain_
Remember kids. You can't spell Ignorance without IGN.

The more you know ★.