Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oh....that's a dude?  Huh....

Well there have been worse gender confused cases in the Fire Emblem games *cough*LuciusFE7*cough*

May 17, 2012, 08:51:54 PM #46 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:21:37 AM by Shun_One
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 17, 2012, 08:39:36 PM
Oh....that's a dude?  Huh....

Well there have been worse gender confused cases in the Fire Emblem games *cough*LuciusFE7*cough*
If you think Celice is bad, wait until you meet Libera...

@Vert
Yeah, I've seen a lot of folks saying his eyes look odd. I personally like the FE13 Swordmaster design, so it's natural that I'd like this. Looking at it next to his old design provides a bit less of a...shock. I've done it for the past ones to and it certainly helps.

No rush. Take your time and finish what you need to.

EDIT: So, today I learned Celice's official name translation is "Serlis" and not "Celice". Who knew?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Official translations often suck in the earlier installments of the series. For example here in europe Navarre is called Navarl (original: Navarre), Draug is called Aindraug (original: Dohga), Dieck is Decke (original is Dieck), etc.
Sometimes the whole thing is different and we get better translations than the united states, for example Caeda, Marth's wife is called Shiida here, a name much closer to the original, Sheeda.

May 18, 2012, 04:33:03 PM #48 Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:50:35 PM by Shun_One
Ah, I see. Either way, I'm not particularly bothered by them all that much. Localizing a game often leads to quite a few changes. I'm glad Melee left in  Marth and Roy, else we likely wouldn't be doing this right now.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I'm working on Roy texture's again and had a thought about the model. Would it be easier to port the current vertex over to Roy's melee model and use that models head and such for a base? I'm not certain how much progress has been made on him though, so this may not even need to be mentioned.

The boots are my primary texture target, and beyond that, touch ups until I see another preview to work with.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I'm pretty busy with finals so I don't have a lot of time to spend modelling right now, but since I'm almost done with marth I think I'll release him this week if I have time.
Here are the final pictures from now, tell me what can I improve and I'll release. this time I finished the waist belts and revised the cape (it could cause some trouble with the rig before), the boots and the body textures.
I might work on Roy's model like I did with marth next month, the redesign deserves it.





Vert092, I thought I point some things out with the cape, everything else looks fine to me.

The cape is uneven. Look at side A/C then B/D. Side A/C looks better imo if you can match that to side B/D.
Notice the arrows near the top, Side A has it not touching that sleeve all the way, whereas Side B has the cape stretched as if it were lined up with the sleeve. Side C has the downwards part of the cape starting lower than how Side D currently has it at the middle. In short, Side B/D is stretched more than Side A/C. If that can be fixed, that'll be wonderful as I do not see anything else that would require improvement.

I'm loving the belt buckle, and the boots, this is going to be a great hack indeed. :)

Marth looks fine to me. The cape thing does seem uneven as Raphael pointed out, so that might be the only thing that needs a minor tweak.

As for the rest, it's glorious. The belts and boots especially get my attention straight away. They are that awesome. I am going to do some recolors once this one is finished and release them as well.

Quote from: Vert092 on May 26, 2012, 10:01:01 AM
I might work on Roy's model like I did with marth next month, the redesign deserves it.
That'd be cool. I haven't heard anything from Rain since those Leaf textures.

Lastly Vert, good luck with finals.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Yeah... I haven't really done anything at all with the FE hacks.

Tell me when you want Roy's files, Vert, and good luck with finals!

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

The one over marth in the vault is pretty good. If you mean model-wise, with actual hands and stuff I was working on one.

ExorcistRain, I don't really have the time to start working on roy right now, so I don't mind waiting a bit until you send me your progress. You can send it to me once I released marth.

Been a while, but I may as well post something in this thread.

First off, progress:
I have Spirit Marth recolors planned out, just waiting for the model to finish them off (IE. actually make them)

As for Roy, been studying his design and I should be able to get some pretty accurate textures now.

Lastly, latest Spirit character was Eirika who comes with a new female only class.  Keep in mind, you can access normal versions of all the characters with classes as close to their normal ones as possible via SpotPass (and these are free). The DLC versions are different intentionally we've finally found out.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

that marth... that roy... (Y) I'm so hyped °____°

Finally I'm releasing Marth! I'm going to post a request for him to get rigged as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sl8b8g5g0yer6g5

Final version includes fixed cape, eyes face, shortened arms...

Final Pictures:






Looks incredible man. You and others did a great job on him ;D Can't wait to see Roy ;D

Vert.. You made Marth look more like Marth. He is Marthier than Marth. Marth Marth Marth...
Summing it up you made the guys who made the original Brawl Model of Marth cry XD

It looks freaking amazing man :af2:
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114