Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ZX_RendingSaber_XZ on October 29, 2014, 01:12:29 AM
That sounds more like an issue with your SD card, I've never heard of a model itself causing that.

Before the Chrom incident, my SD card never had any hiccups whatsoever.

Only while Chrom was on my SD card did I have those problems.

I'll try loading it up again. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Who knows?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

so yeah, public anouncement here, it's been a long time since i "discontinued" my work on robin... and i actually feel bad about this, mainly because it wasn't only my project...

so yeah, right now im working on a few fixes our collab needed, namely, giving the inner part of the coat a separate texture, and fixing some minor mapping issues.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 03, 2014, 12:39:51 PM
so yeah, public anouncement here, it's been a long time since i "discontinued" my work on robin... and i actually feel bad about this, mainly because it wasn't only my project...

so yeah, right now im working on a few fixes our collab needed, namely, giving the inner part of the coat a separate texture, and fixing some minor mapping issues.

Sounds good! I changed up a few things and fixed some mapping already, want me to go ahead and send you everything?

sure, i'd like to see what you've done on it so far, i was also thinking about making new boots, idk how necessary it is, but they feel unpolished imo...

I have GREAT news!

I got in contact with Kaze and we will be releasing Chrom shortly! Whether it's today or tonight or next week, I'm not sure. I still need to make a couple of fixes and make sure they work properly in Brawl. But everything works as of now!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 02, 2014, 09:01:07 PM
I have GREAT news!

I got in contact with Kaze and we will be releasing Chrom shortly! Whether it's today or tonight or next week, I'm not sure. I still need to make a couple of fixes and make sure they work properly in Brawl. But everything works as of now!
Oh my pants. I'm looking forward to his release!
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

December 04, 2014, 02:41:31 PM #1161 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:20:31 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
So gaiz
Gaiz
Chrom's here

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207054
Go get him.

I apologize for the rig, but I don't have time to improve it and will do so at a later date (probably within two weeks). I didn't want to wait any longer, especially considering how long we've all waited for.

Hope you all enjoy!

Post Merge: December 04, 2014, 04:20:31 PM

Even though Chrom's been released there's been a handful of problems:

-Metal crashes the game
-No transparency for the hair (whenever I try to add it, it crashes)
-Only his blink face shows up (visibility bones weren't set up correctly, I've set them up correctly now, but his other face's don't show up properly)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 04, 2014, 02:41:31 PM
So gaiz
Gaiz
Chrom's here

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207054
Go get him.

I apologize for the rig, but I don't have time to improve it and will do so at a later date (probably within two weeks). I didn't want to wait any longer, especially considering how long we've all waited for.

Hope you all enjoy!

Post Merge: December 04, 2014, 04:20:31 PM

Even though Chrom's been released there's been a handful of problems:

-Metal crashes the game
-No transparency for the hair (whenever I try to add it, it crashes)
-Only his blink face shows up (visibility bones weren't set up correctly, I've set them up correctly now, but his other face's don't show up properly)

Oh wow thanks for the release! Really like what you did with Chrom! Hopefully the problems are easy to fix and hope for the best! No rush though!

I ended up making a render and BP/CSP for him if anyone wants em:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you should collab kaze, unless he said you didn't/don't have to.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

chrom freezes, even after the update. my guess is that he doesnt work with brawl minus? because that is what i use.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on December 05, 2014, 01:45:09 AM
chrom freezes, even after the update. my guess is that he doesnt work with brawl minus? because that is what i use.
Same happen to me with PM

it appears to have only been tested in dolphin, which is different from the wii in terms of file support.

EDIT: i lowered the bigger texture sizes (by half) and it didnt freeze... but the textures wound up patchy and black in almost every area on the body.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

December 05, 2014, 11:08:31 PM #1167 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:12:59 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
Quote from: iwantgames on December 05, 2014, 12:24:32 AM
you should collab kaze, unless he said you didn't/don't have to.

I collabed him. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on December 05, 2014, 01:45:09 AM
chrom freezes, even after the update. my guess is that he doesnt work with brawl minus? because that is what i use.

It depends on the filesize of Ike's FitIke.pac and his FitIkeMotionEtc.pac

Quote from: TheLegend75 on December 05, 2014, 01:51:01 AM
Same happen to me with PM

Read above

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on December 05, 2014, 04:27:45 AM
it appears to have only been tested in dolphin, which is different from the wii in terms of file support.

EDIT: i lowered the bigger texture sizes (by half) and it didnt freeze... but the textures wound up patchy and black in almost every area on the body.

Which is odd... It might be because it messed up the UV's? Not sure about that one...

I'll see if there's anything I can do to try and fix it (such as checking if all the textures are CMPR or not). Currently, I'm exhausted from college and I still have work left to do so...

I might not even be able to fix Chrom next week, but please note that he IS indeed on my radar of things to fix.

For sure I'll be working on fixing Chrom next-next week.





EDIT: So almost all the textures are CMPR except for his hair texture (changing to CMPR shouldn't change it THAT much). I'll try and run it through tristripper tomorrow and see if that does anything. Only problem is, I can't test on an actual Wii...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i can test it. if it reduces the file size of the initial pcs file, then it should hopefully not freeze during the testing phase.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

I apologies if this has been asked before but whats the current situation with Lucina so far?