Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hmm so I'm curious, would it be possible with bone edits to have it so Roy holds his cape like in the awakening art? I dunno how good it'd look, but I feel like it might be something interesting to look into.

Also hoping for a version of him rigged on Ike as it'd look positively badass.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on July 13, 2013, 01:55:23 AM
Hmm so I'm curious, would it be possible with bone edits to have it so Roy holds his cape like in the awakening art? I dunno how good it'd look, but I feel like it might be something interesting to look into.
Also hoping for a version of him rigged on Ike as it'd look positively badass.
I don't know how to rig models, I can't help with that. The idea is making 2 versions: with cape and capeless. I can easily make him fit Ike's bones.
_____________________

I'm pretty much done with Hero Ike's model. He looks amazing with the new textures provided by Shun_One, though I edited them a bit more, specially the face.



Here's the original model from radiant dawn if you want to compare:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


His face now matches his brawl counterpart. I gave him his lips, nose and ears from brawl.



He'll have 3 different weapons: Ragnell, Ettard and Awakening Ragnell. I fixed the blade from brawl in the original ragnell, and made the awakening version.




Yeah I know you can't rig Vert, I was more asking if anyone were to rig it, if it'd be possible xD but awesome to hear a Ike version is possible.

Also loving how Manly Ike is looking, especially that sword.

Is it just me, or does his head seem small?
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on July 13, 2013, 02:54:13 PM
Is it just me, or does his head seem small?
Compared to the rest of his body, yes. It's just that RD Ike has a much larger body than his Brawl/PoR counterpart. So the head will seem relatively smaller.

Ike model is looking great atm! Can't wait for it's release!

When you release this hack, could you please release a version withOUT Shun_One's texture applied to it? I don't mean to diss his work, but the brightness on that texture is horrid... his armor shouldn't be that bright blue at all. Nintendo's version is a MUCH higher quality, IMO.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on July 14, 2013, 07:08:08 PM
When you release this hack, could you please release a version withOUT Shun_One's texture applied to it? I don't mean to diss his work, but the brightness on that texture is horrid... his armor shouldn't be that bright blue at all. Nintendo's version is a MUCH higher quality, IMO.
The texture is still a WIP. The armor is a bit bright, but that's because this hack has to match the default characters in brawl. However I think it would look better if we tone down the brightness a bit.
I won't release the original texture because it fits in a game like Radiant Dawn, but looks out of context in brawl, just like the 95% of hacks here in brawlvault. And the original texture looks horrible, even for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn's 256 x 256 low definition textures.
But if you like it and want to port the original texture, feel free to do it. The original texture is released in the models resource, though you'll have to retexture yourself some new parts like the hair or the hands.

Quote from: SJS on July 13, 2013, 02:54:13 PM
Is it just me, or does his head seem small?
I didn't notice, but you're right. I'll make his head a bit bigger.

Just a note: saying the armor is a "tad" bright is a HUGE understatement.

I honestly don't care when hacks look "out of context", mainly because... well, the point of hacking is to CHANGE the context. My hack-set is basically dedicated to giving the characters the most faithful return to their in-game appearances as possible, so a faithful RD Hero Ike would totally work for me. I've got a lot of 8-bit hacks in the works, so trust me, context can take a back seat with me, haha!

Take cel-shaded Toon Link for example. Definitely doesn't fit with Brawl's context; but IMO it's waaaaay more interesting to look at than Brawl's pseudo-realistic style. I would argue that a more faithful representation of a character is better than a more fitting one. I would also argue that diversity in art styles in a crossover game is pretty cool. But each to his own.

BUT like you said I can just do it myself, so I'm not complaining or anything! I'm really psyched for this hack, thank you very much for doing this! ...No plans to do Vanguard Ike though? At least not in the near future?

OH, and you've got plans to do Lord Ike from PoR? That's sweet! There's already one in the Vault, but it's "just okay", really.

...Heyyy, one last thing. If attention to detail is what you're after, why not try working in the graphics from Ike's Radiant Dawn portrait (the picture of him when he's talking)? Those portraits are SUPER detailed. It probably wouldn't be easy... and you'd still have to adjust some of the tones... but it might just work. I imagine you're not going to try that out though, so I'll see what I can do once you release this hack.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

July 14, 2013, 11:42:30 PM #609 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:30:52 AM by Shun_One
I think the armor's too bright too. Sometimes, I can only tell how it looks after I get a preview image back.

Yep, like Vert said, textures are still WIP. My first draft is usually just a touch up of the originals, but the next update will fit more with the rest of Brawl. Thanks for the comment though, I do appreciate feed back.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Amarythe on July 14, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
I honestly don't care when hacks look "out of context", mainly because... well, the point of hacking is to CHANGE the context. My hack-set is basically dedicated to giving the characters the most faithful return to their in-game appearances as possible, so a faithful RD Hero Ike would totally work for me. I've got a lot of 8-bit hacks in the works, so trust me, context can take a back seat with me, haha!
That depends on personal preferences I guess. I prefer the hacks that fit with the rest of brawl (take the new Toon Zelda, Ordon Link, Blood Falcon or Nephenee as an example). My goal with Hero Ike (and awakening Marth, awakening Roy and SNES Captain Falcon) is giving the playable characters an alternate appearence, like most fighting games do.
Quote from: Amarythe on July 14, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
Take cel-shaded Toon Link for example. Definitely doesn't fit with Brawl's context; but IMO it's waaaaay more interesting to look at than Brawl's pseudo-realistic style.
Depends on personal preferences again, I never liked the art style used in wind waker. Always looked like MS Paint for me, though the art-style overall looks good.
Quote from: Amarythe on July 14, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
I would argue that a more faithful representation of a character is better than a more fitting one. I would also argue that diversity in art styles in a crossover game is pretty cool. But each to his own.
In order to make the finished product look good, the characters have to fit both between them and with the rest of the game (examples: SSB Brawl, Street Fighter X Tekken, Project X Zone,...). When that doesn't happen you have weird visuals, like PS All Stars Battle Royale.

Quote from: Amarythe on July 14, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
BUT like you said I can just do it myself, so I'm not complaining or anything! I'm really psyched for this hack, thank you very much for doing this! ...No plans to do Vanguard Ike though? At least not in the near future?

OH, and you've got plans to do Lord Ike from PoR? That's sweet! There's already one in the Vault, but it's "just okay", really.

You're welcome! Now that I remeber, I changed the UVs on the face a bit, so the original texture may not fit perfectly in my new model.
I think I'll do Vanguard Ike as well, I could reuse some work I did with this model. But I'll finish the other projects first.

Quote from: Amarythe on July 14, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
...Heyyy, one last thing. If attention to detail is what you're after, why not try working in the graphics from Ike's Radiant Dawn portrait (the picture of him when he's talking)? Those portraits are SUPER detailed. It probably wouldn't be easy... and you'd still have to adjust some of the tones... but it might just work. I imagine you're not going to try that out though, so I'll see what I can do once you release this hack.
I'd like my model to look like that portrait, the original artwork is a reference I'm considering.

Personally I quite like the armour looking that bright and colourful xD

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on July 13, 2013, 01:55:23 AM
Hmm so I'm curious, would it be possible with bone edits to have it so Roy holds his cape like in the awakening art? I dunno how good it'd look, but I feel like it might be something interesting to look into.
As a person with some modest experience in the realm of model rigging... I can't tell you right now that would probably be one of the hardest things a hacker would try to do. It'd be AWESOME, but haaaaaaaaard.

Probably the only thing harder to edit, model wise, than a characters cape is a character's hair. Specifically Ike's. Yikes. Capes are really unpredictable because of the way they move and what you see in Brawl Box often isn't what you see in-game.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

July 17, 2013, 09:46:41 PM #613 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:47:48 PM by Vert092
Time for a texture update courtesy of Shun_One! I also resized Ettard and made the damage face. And I made Ike's head bigger. Since I'm pretty much done, who wants to rig him? (The model already fits Ike's bones and stuff)









So putting this model in Project M :D Very nice work!