Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I think he meant that the way it's set up is making it more difficult than normal. Not that he doesn't completely know how to do it Velen.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dude, your Lucina looks amazing! I can't wait to play as her. Nice job man

Quote from: Nao-chan on March 05, 2015, 07:53:56 AM
I think he meant that the way it's set up is making it more difficult than normal. Not that he doesn't completely know how to do it Velen.

Then wouldn't be best to fix that? Probably easier said than done, I know.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

You could offer to help if you think you're able, oh Talented Texturizer.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on March 06, 2015, 02:25:06 AM
You could offer to help if you think you're able, oh Talented Texturizer.

My thing is texture, not UVs...Though seeing those would give me a good idea of what makes it so troublesome.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I just wish the guy who's working on Awakening Roy would contribute anything at all about his progress. But I can't really say anything as I'm just some dude who's desperate and has no idea of the troubles of modders. With that in mind you guys do such awesome work. In the end its just me waiting for another awesome thing to come around like Bethesda's E3 conference.

Quote from: HomicidalToaster on March 08, 2015, 01:29:11 AM
I just wish the guy who's working on Awakening Roy would contribute anything at all about his progress. But I can't really say anything as I'm just some dude who's desperate and has no idea of the troubles of modders. With that in mind you guys do such awesome work. In the end its just me waiting for another awesome thing to come around like Bethesda's E3 conference.

Think I've mentioned it before. In case I haven't I'll say it again.

The person working on it doesn't want to work on Roy until he gets better at custom modelling. Until then, you probably won't hear anything from him.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey Vert, I've noticed it has been over two weeks since you've updated us on Lucina - I'm not trying to rush you or demand further progress, just curious if the silence is due to a problem you've encountered with/additional features you're trying to implement into the model or if you've just been too busy to work on it. Referencing your last post in this thread it seemed like you were nearly done aside from recolors.

Quote from: Friesnchip on March 16, 2015, 07:26:01 PM
Hey Vert, I've noticed it has been over two weeks since you've updated us on Lucina - I'm not trying to rush you or demand further progress, just curious if the silence is due to a problem you've encountered with/additional features you're trying to implement into the model or if you've just been too busy to work on it. Referencing your last post in this thread it seemed like you were nearly done aside from recolors.

Nah, I didn't really have much free time the last 2 weeks, I had to do a lot of work. I haven't encountered problems so far, so don't worry, I'm nearly done with it. I made small progress though: I've retextured the lips and some hair pieces because I wasn't completely satisfied with the previous ones (the hair tips looked low quality and the lips looked too much like Samus's). And I'm about 75% done with the Owain/Lissa recolor -I also included the new cape emblem for the Tiki recolor-. Have some pictures:







Considering recolors are very time consuming, and that the only ones I use are "done", I'm thinking of releasing the texture files first so people can start making the rest of the Smash 4 recolors. If they get done and have a certain level of quality, I'll include them in the final pack, always giving the proper credit, of course. Let me know what you think.

Which rig are you using?

Because if you don't mind, I'd like to tinker with the hair a bit >.>


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I always appreciated Smash 4's attention to detail with the Tiki recolor receiving a unique emblem, it's a really nice touch and it looks great here as well. I'm not quite as familiar with the Fire Emblem series as I'd like, so forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but would it be plausible for each recolor to have a distinct cape symbol? I don't recall if each of the characters used as inspiration for the recolors have some aligned faction or trait that would allow for such a thing.

Anyway, releasing the textures sounds like an efficient way to save time and involve the community- good plan.

------
...on a side note, I have a question pertaining to Lucina's proportions compared to a certain Mia model released by the LST. Given Project M's convention of designing the alternate costumes for the Fire Emblem reps to be the garb worn by alternative characters from the franchise, I thought the same would be nice for Lucina as well.

Not that Mia's necessarily the best choice for well rounded FE representation (several characters from her game already make appearances in Brawl/PM), but since the resources have already been created I presumed it would be a fairly novel idea. My only concern is Lucina's frame compared to the other model; I'm not sure to the extent of adjustments that would be required to pass off the concept adequately.

Of course I'm not pushing for anyone working on this project to increase their workload pursuing this endeavor, just pondering the feasibility.

From what I understand... I think that the Tiki recolor for Lucina was the only one that had a differing cape emblem aside from the rest. I may be incorrect on this assumption, but as I recall that's what I remember it being. Considering everyone who had a recolor for Lucina in Smash for Wii U were all on the same side... I don't think any of them would have a different faction so to speak. Unless it would've been before they'd joined the group. But I doubt it, and the only one that would apply to would be Tharja's recolor.

On the second note... having a Mia like costume or setup similar to the PM alts would be fantastic... but I'm sure that would take quite a bit of time to do it well enough like this Lucina model. We can dream I suppose.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Actually, the Tharja color for Lucina had an alternate emblem as well, being the three eyes that are present on Robin's coat sleeves, except they matched the cape's color rather than being purple.

As for the alternate emblems, I agree with Nao, most of the people her colors were based on were from Ylisse, with the exception of Cherche (who didn't get an alternate emblem), Tharja, and Tiki.

Here are all the textures the model uses, I'm releasing them before the model so people can start making the recolors, just like I said before. The UV mapping is intuitive, so I think people won't have a problem identifying the textures with the different parts of the model. However I may need to clarify something: the blue part in the belts file corresponds with her feet. It's there because I ran out of space in the body file.

Once people starts geting the recolors done, I'll add them to the pack giving proper credit to whoever made them. I'll also submit renders of the finished model with the new textures if the model's not released by the time. I'm thinking of a release this next week by the way.

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/qF1Od

























^- This is the texture I was talking about.