Let's look into Module Fíles (.rel) - Defensive Collision is now!

Started by pikazz, May 04, 2012, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Dantarion on February 13, 2013, 09:49:51 PM
Hello PhantomWings
http://opensa.dantarion.com/module2013/
thats awesome :D
now it easy to compare how they are linked with the methods to the memory and m1B :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

well someone's been busy...

nice work Dant

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


"pyREL"?

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Dantarion on February 14, 2013, 09:30:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U9ziKx2.png
Testing module rebuilder huehuehuehuehuehuehue
where have you been :srs:

it looks awesome however! :D it also look that we can merge module files together O.o
Stupid Tinypic :C

random question.

alloys, is their hardcoding (no hanging, no specials) stored in their .rel files?
if so, would it be possible to .rel port a character over an alloy?
if so, would there be any way of giving him more slots? (like how G&W has one file, but different slots)

Quote from: joking on February 18, 2013, 07:29:19 PM
random question.

alloys, is their hardcoding (no hanging, no specials) stored in their .rel files?
if so, would it be possible to .rel port a character over an alloy?
if so, would there be any way of giving him more slots? (like how G&W has one file, but different slots)
it must be! somehow, G&W must have something that has a script that loads the slots through his one slot instead
I know I have seen something like this in Sora_melee about slots like Kirby instances and IC flag but I dont remember it quite well if it were actually "player slots"

the Alloys however seems to be load from "flags" to say "which one is which", seen the same in the Break the Target rel. if you make it over one other stage, it will always result at the Lv5 stage!
Stupid Tinypic :C

so, if i understood that correctly, alloys work as the always dreamed for...
PSA-per slot?

it would be cool if alloys could make for new slots...

Except they aren't PSA per costume slot...
Rather, they are grouped together inside one module for convenience sake.

well, the alloys are stored in separed folders in one Module file so "yes". that "does" mean it is "one" slot psas! but still they are not!
sadly, they dont have B attack, entry, losing and winning actions inside their module file
and we dont know yet how to change between those 4 yet D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

okay! here is some news about adding gimmicks to stages!

well, I dont have succeeded but the nearest I have come is that the wii is freezing with a loud PEEP noise! instead for all the other times it was just a silent freeze! I know I am close so I can smell it! want a "ball planket" to toss ideas with ;_;

however, some positive news! it might be small but all well, I successfully disable the spring gimmick in Stage Builder! I dont know if it will work on any other gimmick such as water or hitboxes. I will try to disable the water on Jungle Japes to make the stage more "melee" just to test things out

also I can make a character be totally oneother character in sora_melee thanks by Dant! example if you select rob you will be Lucario! it's damn perfect but too perfect! it still loads from Lucarios folder meaning it's not a clone, it's a perfect "original" character over a diffirent slot meaning it still share the same PSA! if you edit the PSA inside the Lucario folder, both lucario gets it

if we can find out how to make the Lucario over Rob slot loads it's data from the Rob Folder instead for the Lucario folder, that would mean we can to perfect "Clones" with articles and everything
Stupid Tinypic :C

that's pretty interesting indeed, so instead of porting a character's rel, u'd do adjustments in a common file? i can see noob trouble coming... a lot of it... xD

Quote from: joke king on March 20, 2013, 02:01:43 AM
that's pretty interesting indeed, so instead of porting a character's rel, u'd do adjustments in a common file? i can see noob trouble coming... a lot of it... xD
I do it in Common2 in Miscdata[11] since it's the same relfile as sora_melee itself!

more progress! I am pretty sure I have done things right, but now it comes the tricky one. it seems I need to call the gimmick more through the main object in the module file which is in this case "stFinal".
but it's tricky and I am pretty much confused about this part!
Stupid Tinypic :C

April 10, 2013, 05:38:21 AM #254 Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:39:38 AM by PhantomWings
Well, well, what have we here?



Now before the hype bandwagon gets kicked into high gear, there's a couple of things to note:


This is a very unstable test - a lot of what you see in the screenshot is the result of heavy modification of the game while it was running. The game also crashes when you exit the match.

Rob must be in the match to have the laser effect.

It is possible to load up Mario's fireball effect in place of the laser effect; this results in an odd merge between both articles. Mario shoots out a projectile that travels horizontally like a laser, but has the speed, hit effect, and damage of a fireball.

The laser was easy to copy into Mario's article bank because wnRobotLaser.ctor and ftRobotTransactor.instantiate_robot_laser are both stored as global functions in sora_melee due to Rob's laser being copyable by Kirby. Other articles are harder to replicate as their primary functions are stored inside the owner character's module file.




However, progress is progress, so I thought I'd report on it here. Here's hoping we can use this to generate more sophisticated custom characters.