Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3D Ripper DX Help please?  (Read 10947 times)
Reaver Ind.
Lol Kitten

*BURP!* Don't ask me why my restaurant aint workn

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Ninja Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: May 04, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »

Well I'm not new to the whole thing of the 3D ripper DX thing, I've seen many use it and was able to rip models from games.  But It's not working for me.  exactly what do you need to have this program to work?  As of right now, I have 3DS Max 2010 and 2011 and the latest directX installed.

Some places say that you need a lower directX and a lower version of 3ds max.  Which ones do I get so that I can rip models from games?  And if I don't need to change versions, then where would the files be extracted to?

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 11:43:51 PM »

When you install 3D ripper DX, it will detect what version of max you have installed. It will create the right plugins for your version. To use it you open 3D ripper, select the target application (the game or emulator). Then while you play you'll see the "ready to capture" yellow rectangle on the upper left corner. By pressing the capture key it will exctract the frame and textures into folders inside the 3D ripperDX folder in Documents. The frames are in 3DR format,  you can use the max pluggin to import them.
    -Games must run in DirectX9, i think 8 works as well.
    -Many times when importing, the model will look flat, just resize.
    -Set the capture key to something you don't use in the game or emulator.

Hope that helps

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

*BURP!* Don't ask me why my restaurant aint workn

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Ninja Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »

That helps alot, thanks Iwvi Smiley.  I also have this weird problem when I use the dolphin emulator with just the 3d ripping program.  The up button, left and down button always throws me out of the game as if its an alt key.  I thought it was my keyboard acting up but its just when I use the 3d ripper with dolphin.

And I just needed to change the capture key to F9 so that it wouldn't mess up. Smiley

Edit: I ran into another problem, I ended up getting this error: Error dumping surface data.  What does this mean and how can I get this fixed?  I'm not sure if you ran into this type of problem though.

Edit2: Nevermind, I just needed to run the 3d ripper dx as an administrator and I was able to rip out the One piece Grand Adventure models.  Thanks again. Smiley
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:59:59 PM by Reaver Ind. » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: