Mega Man X over Samus -Work in Progress-

Started by Hero ©, May 09, 2012, 01:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

June 13, 2012, 06:40:59 PM #135 Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:42:05 PM by AnImAiNe
i think this was a nice home made movie even though the costumes are whatever  :af:

Mega Man X
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Hehe :P

Never seen that video. Pretty cool.

Still working on X.....SLOWLY. Will take a brake from it soon.

Wow, you're making a Megaman X PSA? Sounds awesome!
Can I suggest not adding the Z-Saber as the air neutral A attack? I think not doing so would give some diversity between the X and Zero PSAs, making X more dependent on long range fighting and Zero on close range (similar to the actual games. Plus (although this is a little redundant), X obtains the Z-Saber in Megaman X6, which according to the creator of the series, Inafune, was non-canon to the rest of the series.
Although, that's just a suggestion. The PSA is entirely up to you. I'm just excited that you're doing it.
:)

I see you noticed this thread :P.

As for the Saber attack, i won't be adding it because i have no model for it. I'll have to think of something else for it. Same for Side smash, which i can't think of anything that will fit him.

Theres still some empty space on some of the attacks...


just a suggestion about the neutral b. don't make it anything like the megaman over fox hack. it's the spammiest move ever since its a "beam" instead of a "ball"

I didn't bother trying that PSA, just by looking at the video. But i'll keep that in mind.

June 14, 2012, 03:01:13 AM #141 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:02:59 AM by viewtifulduck82
its not as bad as it looks, but yeah, its bad xD
also, i know megaman x and megaman are two different things, but maybe you should play ssf2 to get some ideas for your moveset.

What ssf2 does horribly is the downsmash ( a poorly done flail attack), the up arial (projectile attack) and the sidesmash, which is a short-ranged projectile. I also don't really think the charge time for the B move is enough to make it un-spammable. You can charge a full-powered blast really quicky and it's one of megaman's best killing moves. Plus it's a projectile that can travel a really far distance. The forward and neutral air are crappy too.
"You can plan all you want but it won't matter if there's no execution."
Team thread (Nemesis): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45472.0

lol i liked the megaman x ove rpeach thts y i ported it to fox :P
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

he'd be fine if his b move wasn't a "beam" and was more of an energy ball thing. i travels to fast, and there's not enough cool down time on it.

Quote from: -Hero- on June 14, 2012, 02:03:43 AM
I see you noticed this thread :P.

As for the Saber attack, i won't be adding it because i have no model for it. I'll have to think of something else for it. Same for Side smash, which i can't think of anything that will fit him.

Theres still some empty space on some of the attacks...
Of course I noticed this thread, it has my name in it. :D
Hmm... For a side smash, maybe some sort of thrust of the arm, elbow, or leg? Maybe have a follow-up short range blast from the X-Buster (similar to Link's side smash)? I'm not sure, most of X's attacks are long range projectiles, you can't get much creativity out of this attack.

Hero, i was about you PM you about yer thread getting deleted when i realized it was moved

about not having the Saber, i could import it over the Samus cannon. or we could delete that cannon and i import it with the actual X model, weighted to the R or L HaveN bones. or no saber at all. its up to you  (i'd go with the 1st option, we could use the extra cannon bones to make the saber bend)

Go ahead with the first option for the bending.

I'm gonna need that saber anyways for the Air-FS (and for other stuff) or it'll look stupid.

Hopefully that isn't too much work for you.


Updates on the PSA? No, i haven't really started on that. I'm waiting for the new Brawlbox to be released. But i know some of PSA and how it works and stuff.

Updates on animating? Yes. Unfortunately, i don't feel confident in showing previews yet.
I have finished a few though. I finished the up tilt, wait1 animation, and down tilt. I'm gonna work on the Dash and Nova Strike now, since its the easiest to animate.

I'll be using someones ground smash animation that a person showed me, same for the second A attack, Squat, and Air Down-A with a few changes to some of em. I'll credit/collab him when its released...Which is nowhere near complete.

Animating takes time after all. (at least for me :srs:). So don't get excited now :P