Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Where do I place the codes?  (Read 5656 times)
Wiisam
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »

Hello, I am changing hack method which I used to use beyondYous to  Hozu hack. When I launch riivolution, none of the codes work. I use Brawl minus to run the hacks.

I placed all the files to the appropriate destination ( all textures character, music, stage, module to shared folder including all fighters, info, stage, system,  menu, menu2 in Brawl Minus.

I changed the code name " RSBE01" TO "RBE01BM"  and placed to X:/CODES folder.  I don't understand what they mean by B-.gct, I never heard of it, so how do I make 1?

I think thats what I did wrong.  Im srs here

lYIaXeD OuT
Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »

wait, so are you using beyond's riivolution or no?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »

not anymore, right now I'm using Hozu and just to be more specifies check this link below:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9958858&postcount=416

SomeKindOfMetroid
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:38:22 AM »

Unless you had a typo in your post, your GCT is not named correctly. You said "RBE01BM.gct," but it should be "RSBE01BM.gct" instead.

By "B- gct," he means the GCT that comes with Brawl Minus.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:40:14 AM by SomeKindOfMetroid » Logged

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »

I already named the files property I just forgot to spell in the forum.  The codes still doesn't work, how do I make B- gct files ??? bcause I created my own gct using brawl tweaker.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:26:29 PM by Wiisam » Logged

SomeKindOfMetroid
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »

Like I said... There is no special type of GCT called a "B- gct file." In his post, Hozu was talking about the GCT that comes with the Brawl Minus download. It probably came named RSBE01.gct, and for Hozu's loader to load it, you need to name it RSBE01BM.gct.

If you made some file yourself, that's not the same thing.

Also, if you are using the right GCT, make sure you select "Brawl Minus" as your Codes option on the Riivolution menu before proceeding to load the game. You'll also need the Ocarina Hook option set to something, which should be the default.

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »

Okay then, when I downloaded modlauncher, it come with brawlminus. I open the folder that comes with RSBE01.gct with txt. Now I'm sure this txt is B-  the same thing to gct as you said. Is it okay if I erase all the codes  in txt file and add my own codes?

How would I put my own codes? because I erase almost everything in the txt except

[ RSBE01
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC)

Brawl Minus Codeset V1.2 Beta

Global Codes ]

and I add my own  codes and the codes still not showing up in my wii.

SomeKindOfMetroid
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 07:21:53 PM »

Yes, you can add or delete as many codes as you like. If you keep the Brawl Minus Codeset V1.2 Beta, then you can still play Brawl Minus.

All you need to do is make sure you create a GCT out of those codes, name it RSBE01BM, and put it in SD:\codes. Do you need instructions for creating a GCT from a code-containing TXT file?

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

Well I usually know how to create gct by first create txt file in the catergorized way but this 1 u just said is knda confuse me so yes I need a step by step guide.

SomeKindOfMetroid
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »

Open the text file that came with Brawl Minus, add or delete whatever you want, and save it.

Open the text file in a program that can make a GCT out of it (I assume you have one of those). Choose the codes you want and have it save them to a GCT.

Put that GCT in SD:\codes and name it RSBE01BM.gct.

Make sure you have codehandler.bin is in SD:\riivolution.

Load Riivolution. Select any option (I use "VI Hook") in the Ocarina Hook section, and select "Brawl Minus" in the Code section. Run the game.

And that should work. Are you NTSC-U?

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »

Yes I'm NTSU. You also said that I have to rename from  "RSBE01" in the text file  to "RSBE01BM"  correct?

I used BrawlTweaker since I have over 266 lines.

SomeKindOfMetroid
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

No, only the GCT needs to be named that. The text file is only important to make a GCT, and you probably shouldn't mess with any of the header stuff in the text file.

I don't know what BrawlTweaker is. It sounds like it accomplishes something similar to gameconfig.txt, which is used by Gecko to bypass the code line limit. But...

Well, I'm pretty sure I have over 256 lines currently, and I don't do anything special, and Riivolution still handles it fine. So yeah. I can't help you with BrawlTweaker, though, if you want to use it anyway.

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »

Then could you tell me what code program u use to get more than 256 lines?

SomeKindOfMetroid
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »

That's the point, I don't use anything. So I don't think you have to worry about the line limit when using Riivolution/codehandler.bin.

The reason that limit existed was Gecko. Gecko couldn't handle more than 256 lines on its own for some reason. At some point, somebody created a file, gameconfig.txt, that used some kind of wizardry to bypass that limit (it increased it to 8 thousand something).

I don't know for sure, but evidence suggests that Riivolution users with codehandler.bin don't need to worry about the line limit at all.

Wiisam
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »

okay but that still doesn't mean that my code will gurantee it'll work since I delete all the codes and add all my own codes and it doesn't work.

So my question is which part of the txt file do I have to remove or to keep?     

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: