WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Your video is unavailable.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

President of Fanincapse. Chillin' and making PSA of Smash 4.

@Fanincapse: I couldn't see much of the video, but from what I saw, I need more animations done to fully judge. A LOT of Falcon's default stuff.

...

You need to do a lot more work.

I swear I made these complaints before, but here I go again.

-Obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations.
-Obvious use of Marth's animations.
-Obvious use of Wario's animations.
-Obvious use of Ganondorf's animations.
-Lack of fixed translations on obvious animations.
-Random enlargement upon Idle.
-Obvious use of Assist Trophy Little Mac animations. I'd be okay with this if you matched the bone translations and adjusted the animation to suit the character's physique.
-Lack of proper PSA coding on most custom animations. Other custom moves have poorly done PSA coding.
-Boxers do not kick! Little Mac does not kick!
-Poor video quality. If your computer is too weak for Dolphin emulator + Bandicam, then get someone who can record for you. Potato-recorded videos look unprofessional.

I don't even think you've changed anything since your last preview.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

October 25, 2014, 11:20:23 PM #1624 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:59:20 AM by Fanincapse
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 25, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
...

You need to do a lot more work.

I swear I made these complaints before, but here I go again.

-Obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations.
-Obvious use of Marth's animations.
-Obvious use of Wario's animations.
-Obvious use of Ganondorf's animations.
-Lack of fixed translations on obvious animations.
-Random enlargement upon Idle.
-Obvious use of Assist Trophy Little Mac animations. I'd be okay with this if you matched the bone translations and adjusted the animation to suit the character's physique.
-Lack of proper PSA coding on most custom animations. Other custom moves have poorly done PSA coding.
-Boxers do not kick! Little Mac does not kick!
-Poor video quality. If your computer is too weak for Dolphin emulator + Bandicam, then get someone who can record for you. Potato-recorded videos look unprofessional.

I don't even think you've changed anything since your last preview.
President of Fanincapse. Chillin' and making PSA of Smash 4.

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 25, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
...

You need to do a lot more work.

I swear I made these complaints before, but here I go again.

-Obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations.
-Obvious use of Marth's animations.
-Obvious use of Wario's animations.
-Obvious use of Ganondorf's animations.
-Lack of fixed translations on obvious animations.
-Random enlargement upon Idle.
-Obvious use of Assist Trophy Little Mac animations. I'd be okay with this if you matched the bone translations and adjusted the animation to suit the character's physique.
-Lack of proper PSA coding on most custom animations. Other custom moves have poorly done PSA coding.
-Boxers do not kick! Little Mac does not kick!
-Poor video quality. If your computer is too weak for Dolphin emulator + Bandicam, then get someone who can record for you. Potato-recorded videos look unprofessional.

I don't even think you've changed anything since your last preview.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed all this. :P

So yeah. Post a preview when you've made more animations. One animation or subtle change isn't enough of a change to warrant another preview. :P

October 26, 2014, 01:15:40 AM #1626 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:16:47 AM by KingOfDreamland
Quote from: Fanincapse on October 26, 2014, 01:02:46 AM*Snip*
Instead of getting buttmad and insulting users with very bad insults ("Derp." Really?), you should take all forms of critique to heart. Hence that long winded angry rant I made a while ago.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Okay, to get back on topic now:

I don't believe I have ever posted this here.

K. Rool's DTilt:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down tilts start and end in the squat pose.

And if that's a ground pound you're making, you should give the fists some recoil.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:32:27 AM
Down tilts start and end in the squat pose.

And if that's a ground pound you're making, you should give the fists some recoil.

It does end in the Squat pose. But the start point is a slightly edited version.

How does recoil work, anyway? I'd love to put that to rest once and for all.

Oh. I feel you should make your squat pose a bit more squatty then, as it looks very similar to your idle pose that you showed on your thread.

As for recoil, imagine you swing a hefty punch. The amount of time for you to recover from the lunge and begin to go back into a neutral stance would be recoil.

In this case of a ground pound, the fists, arms, and torso would shake and tremble for a bit, rather than just quickly moving back into neutral stance.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:47:48 AM
Oh. I feel you should make your squat pose a bit more squatty then, as it looks very similar to your idle pose that you showed on your thread.

As for recoil, imagine you swing a hefty punch. The amount of time for you to recover from the lunge and begin to go back into a neutral stance would be recoil.

In this case of a ground pound, the fists, arms, and torso would shake and tremble for a bit, rather than just quickly moving back into neutral stance.

Now, I don't want to come across as a stubborn ass with excuses, but I made his squat mediocre because a) I wanted to balance it because he's big, powerful and kinda mobile, and b) his gut's just too bloody big for a normal squat. :P I can try again, though.

You could try a four-legged squat.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Some stuff done since last message:
Aura effects completly removed;
Fixed tail;
Further modified model;
Resized wings;
Added black recolor (same as before);
Added wait 2, walking and running animations;
Improved materials (he doesn't looks that dark now) and eye textures;
Eye now glow like Ridley's eyes in Other M;
Previews:
Glowing eyes (more like they don't get dark in dark stages):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Improved materials:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wait 2 animation:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Walking animation (wings will be properly animated later):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Running animation:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Before i will continue this, however, i have to fix model to be 5x bigger and fix all of the bones on the right side so they would properly rotate (right now, if i will copy values from, lets say left arm to right arm, then if left arm goes up, right arm goes down and if left arm goes forward, right arm goes backward).

October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM #1634 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:57:43 AM by Omniscient X
Bagan, nice job on the animations they look nice and fluid although I would caution you against the Dash animation (although I personally like it) I think you're gonna get complaints about Ridley not flying.

Alright so Nidoking has been kind of a [censored] to work with trying to figure out Bowser's odd network of actions and subactions but his Side-B: Horn Drill is functioning currently just working on the GFX, the hitbox is done and so is the coding you can run forever with Horn Drill active just have to make it get stuck in walls now.

Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also working on getting enemies to get stuck on the horn for his forward grab so you can run them into things:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Work on Sceptile continues as well though I'm focusing on Nidoking this weekend.
-Omni