Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 697089 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1635 on: October 26, 2014, 02:51:56 AM »

i hope horn drill isnt an ohko move like in the games xD

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1636 on: October 26, 2014, 04:18:56 AM »

Bagan, nice job on the animations they look nice and fluid although I would caution you against the Dash animation (although I personally like it) I think you're gonna get complaints about Ridley not flying.
    His wings are too big to flap them like during flight while on the ground and it will allow me to make a faster dash attack instead of previous one that went on for too long and broke the pace.
    Nice Nidoking. Arms are bigger than on actual Nidokings from what i see, but that is not that bad i guess.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1637 on: October 26, 2014, 05:05:53 AM »

i think you got ridley's colors kinda wrong, he looks way too dark, he doesn't need to be the pink he was in other:M, but he also doesn't need to be purple-black getting close to black...

i think you need to find a mid-point between the original textures and your current ones.

also, the wait2 animation looks cool, but i think it needs some recoil on his arms.

and is he gonna run that slow?

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #1638 on: October 26, 2014, 05:16:27 AM »

i think you got ridley's colors kinda wrong, he looks way too dark, he doesn't need to be the pink he was in other:M, but he also doesn't need to be purple-black getting close to black...

i think you need to find a mid-point between the original textures and your current ones.

also, the wait2 animation looks cool, but i think it needs some recoil on his arms.

and is he gonna run that slow?

I was trying to make him look like this:
    But he should be brighter, like previous model, to better fit Smash 3 style or at least SSB4 style.

Like in Ganondorf's wait2 (or wait3) animation?

He runs at the same speed as in Metroid Other M, just covers less distance because he is smaller. But he walks slowly.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1639 on: October 26, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »

*Ridley stuff*
    I feel the textures on the body could be a tad brighter, as they're very dark right now.

Though I'll have to say your Ridley animations are superb. My only gripe is the tail, which could use a little more work. And like jokekid said, the arms could shake a bit on Wait2.

*Nidoking stuff*
    The effects look great. Though like Carnage said, I hope it's not a OHKO move. It can be powerful with a lot of endlag, but certainly not a OHKO. Also, make sure to try and polish up your animations skills.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Fanincapse
    Mega Kitten

I'm making the BEST Little Mac PSA

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #1640 on: October 26, 2014, 08:05:51 AM »

Instead of getting buttmad and insulting users with very bad insults ("Derp." Really?), you should take all forms of critique to heart. Hence that long winded angry rant I made a while ago.

Derp means duh. I wasn't insulting anyone.

President of Fanincapse. Chillin' and making PSA of Smash 4.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1641 on: October 26, 2014, 08:20:55 AM »

Very well. Your sanction has been removed.

It was just the way you worded it that made it look like you were using "derp" as an insult.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:22:57 AM by KingOfDreamland » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1642 on: October 26, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »

Ridley Stuff

Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.

Nidoking Stuff

That GFX is beautiful.

I'm assuming you're making Horn Drill a Special Grab?

And you should TOTALLY make it a OHKO but based on chance. Like, 1/3 of the time (or whatever the ratio is) it'll kill the person instantly after the special grab part lol.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #1643 on: October 26, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »

New textures:
    Model has some shading issues (not as bad as SSB4 Ridley and his glass shading) on stages like Battlefield (he becomes very dark as if light source is right above him). Not much else can be done since i will have to edit all bone references on the right side and that will take a while. For now, im further modifying the model and testing some coding stuff i know using very simple animations.
    I feel the textures on the body could be a tad brighter, as they're very dark right now.

Though I'll have to say your Ridley animations are superb. My only gripe is the tail, which could use a little more work. And like jokekid said, the arms could shake a bit on Wait2.

What exactly you mean by this? I want to make sure he doesn't covers too much area when he is standing or walking, so, tail is limited to left-to-right and right-to-left movement during those.
    Arm shaking will be added later.
    Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.

It is based off Metroid Prime 3 Omega Ridley walking animation shown during cutscene, but less hunched over because he has long arms. What exactly bothers you about it?
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:05:34 AM by BaganSmashBros » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1644 on: October 26, 2014, 10:04:21 AM »

That GFX is beautiful.

I'm assuming you're making Horn Drill a Special Grab?

And you should TOTALLY make it a OHKO but based on chance. Like, 1/3 of the time (or whatever the ratio is) it'll kill the person instantly after the special grab part lol.
    cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1645 on: October 26, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »

*More Ridley stuff*
    Those textures look a lot better. Though a suggestion about the model. See if you can get someone to edit the model to make it like a Super Metroid/Other M design merge. Like with SJS' Zero Suit Samus. Or unless you can do the modeling yourself.

As for what I was talking about with the tail, I was mainly talking about the walk. The tail doesn't look fluid in movement.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1646 on: October 26, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »

cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.

I'm just suggesting to put it at a very low chance to actually OHKO.

I completely agree that OHKO moves on normal moves is OP, but think about how fun it would be when you use Horn Drill on your friends all match and nothing happens.

Then the next game, the first horn drill you hit insta-kills your friend. And then never happens again because of it's low occurrence. You could even set it so that it can only OHKO once a match.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #1647 on: October 26, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »

Then something like G&W's Judge special could work - low chance of happening, but if it does, then it deals high knockback.
    Those textures look a lot better. Though a suggestion about the model. See if you can get someone to edit the model to make it like a Super Metroid/Other M design merge. Like with SJS' Zero Suit Samus. Or unless you can do the modeling yourself.

As for what I was talking about with the tail, I was mainly talking about the walk. The tail doesn't look fluid in movement.
    Super Metroid design has proportions that won't look good on a small Ridley, so, i won't be able to use much from its design that isn't present on Other M model. And i can't do the modeling stuff other than moving verticles in BB.

It looks like that from the side. But since SSB is 2.5D, i will add move movement at tail's base.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:16:25 AM by BaganSmashBros » Logged

Fanincapse
    Mega Kitten

I'm making the BEST Little Mac PSA

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #1648 on: October 26, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »

Very well. Your sanction has been removed.

It was just the way you worded it that made it look like you were using "derp" as an insult.

Thank you.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:36:08 PM by KingOfDreamland » Logged

President of Fanincapse. Chillin' and making PSA of Smash 4.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1649 on: October 26, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »

Thanks guys so I have Horn Drill set up so its similar to Metaknight's Drill Rush, Nidoking runs forward as long the B-Button is held, dealing continuous damage (It's 1% every 20 frames) so it racks up pretty quick but I buffed the DI on the move so opponents can get out of it and not suffer more than 5-7%.  Also there's a relatively strong knockback-based hitbox that pulses randomly every 30 frames that deals 8%.  So its not a OHKO, not even close, but it's chance is around 60% to 40%, the latter being the chance it'll occur. 

I'll have some updates in a couple days with Ice Beam and Thunder (which are his two N-B moves via move swapping) hopefully I get Earth Power up and running soon too.

Also WTF is up with Bowser's Actions I'm literally so turned around right now lol.
    -Omni

Pages:  1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: